Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 09:16:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286819 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  McCain
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: McCain  (Read 6917 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2008, 10:02:05 PM »

McCain camp mocks Obama as Messiah-like
Fri Aug 1, 5:22 PM ET

PANAMA CITY, Florida (Reuters) - Republican John McCain's presidential team mocked Democrat Barack Obama on Friday as an overconfident, Messiah-like candidate with a tendency toward exaggeration in a Web ad that closed out a week of attacks.

The ad, e-mailed to supporters, refers to Obama as "The One" and uses rhetoric from some of Obama's high-flying speeches, making fun of quotes such as, "We are the ones we've been waiting for," and "This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

"It shall be known that in 2008, the world shall be blessed," the announcer intones. "They will call him: The One."

Even the late actor Charlton Heston makes an appearance as bearded Moses from the epic biblical movie, "The Ten Commandments." As Moses parts the seas by declaring, "Behold His mighty hand," the Obama for President seal comes forth.

"Barack Obama may be The One," the announcer says. "But is he ready to lead?"

The remarkably personal Web ad marked the end of a week in which the McCain campaign stepped up aggressive attacks against the Democrat, who would be America's first black president if he is elected on November 4.

A television advertisement on Wednesday compared his sudden fame to pop culture celebrities like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton.

And when Obama struck back by saying the McCain camp was attacking him because he has a "funny name" and his face is different from the white presidents on U.S. paper currency, McCain accused him of injecting racial politics into the campaign.

SENSE OF HUMOR

McCain, at a news conference, smiled as he talked about the new ad.

"We were having some fun with our supporters," he said. "We're going to display a sense of humor in this campaign."

Asked if the religious imagery was appropriate, he said: "That clip is Charlton Heston. It's a movie."

He said he was running a "very respectful campaign."

"I don't think our campaign is negative in the slightest," he said.

The Obama campaign was swift to denounce the new ad.

"It's downright sad that on a day when we learned that 51,000 Americans lost their jobs, a candidate for the presidency is spending all of his time and the powerful platform he has on these sorts of juvenile antics," said spokesman Hari Sevugan.

McCain is trying to knock Obama back on his heels and prevent him from taking a runaway lead in opinion polls ahead of the Democratic nominating convention in late August, where Obama would be expected to get a boost.

McCain appeared in Panama City with Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, often mentioned as a vice presidential running mate candidate for McCain.

Asked whether Crist was under consideration, McCain said he believed Crist has "earned a place in the Republican Party not just in the state of Florida but nationally."

But he said he would not talk about the vice presidential process. He is expected to name his choice this month.

Earlier in Orlando, McCain engaged in a spirited debate with participants in the annual conference of the National Urban League, an influential black group, 24 hours before Obama was to appear before them on Saturday.

They gave McCain a cordial welcome, standing politely and applauding as he was introduced. After his remarks, they quizzed the Arizona senator on a range of issues from equal opportunity in the job market for black Americans to prison rape.

One man wanted to know why McCain backed offshore oil drilling if, as some experts say, it would take 10 years to get the oil to gasoline stations.

McCain said he had spoken to oil industry executives and had been told it was possible to use existing facilities to produce gasoline from offshore oil within months.

"So we ought to drill now," he said.

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2008, 11:14:08 AM »

McCain against gay adoption; Obama won't 'impose' faith on his kids
Republican John McCain told The New York Times in an interview published July 13 he opposes adoption by homosexual couples and believes children need a mother and a father, reports Baptist Press.

In a wide-ranging interview that covered everything from his faith to his beliefs on the teaching of evolution in public schools, the presumptive GOP nominee was asked whether he agreed with President Bush's opposition to homosexual adoption.

"I think that we've proven that both parents are important in the success of a family so, no I don't believe in gay adoption," McCain said, according to the transcript.

The newspaper then asked McCain if he would remain opposed to homosexual adoption "even if the alternative is the kid staying in an orphanage" or "not having parents."

"I encourage adoption and I encourage the opportunities for people to adopt children," McCain said. "I encourage the process being less complicated so they can adopt as quickly as possible. And Cindy and I are proud of being adoptive parents."

"But your concern," The Times' Adam Nagourney responded, "would be that the couple should [be] a traditional couple."

"Yes," McCain answered.

McCain also was asked if he considers himself an evangelical Christian.

"I consider myself a Christian," he said. "I attend church, my faith has sustained me in very difficult times. But I think it depends on what you call a quote evangelical Christian. Because there are some people who may not share my views on -– I mean, that covers a lot of ground. But I certainly consider myself a Christian."

McCain has been attending North Phoenix Baptist Church -- a Southern Baptist congregation -- for approximately the past 15 years when in Arizona. He's not a member, although his wife is. McCain said he doesn't attend church as often as he should.

"When Cindy and I are in Phoenix, we attend," he said. "We've been fortunate enough the last few weeks to be in Phoenix. During the primary before that we were not back in Phoenix much so -– again, not as frequently as I would like. I do appreciate the pastor of the North Phoenix Baptist Church, his name is Dan Yeary, and I talk to him frequently on the phone and I appreciate his spiritual guidance. He's a great believer in redemption."

On other issues, McCain said he believes the teaching of evolution in schools is "up to the school boards."

"That's what we have local control over education," he said. "My personal view is that children should be exposed to as much as they possibly can so that they can make their decisions and be the best informed."

McCain also reiterated his support for conservative Supreme Court justices -- even if those justices issue rulings he opposes, such as the striking down of campaign finance laws.

"I think that the role of the Supreme Court is to strictly interpret the Constitution of the United States of America," he said. "And I think [Justices John] Roberts and [Samuel] Alito are individuals I'm glad supported, even if they may take contrary opinions. Their position is Supreme Court justices; mine is a legislator. So I don't expect them to agree on every issue."

Roberts and Alito were President Bush's two Supreme Court nominees.

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2008, 01:39:56 PM »

We're reading Joseph Farrah's book, 'None of the Above' right now. Since we don't support either candidate we will probably 'write-in' a candidate after we check with the voting laws of our new home in Florida.

Good book by Farrah - with alot of upsetting info about the 'candidates', it really has gotten totally nuts in the politics of this country!

You know in 2 Timothy 3:1 it says, "But realize this, that in the last days perilous times will come."

That word for 'perilous' can also be translated 'ragingly insane', as it was translated in the Septuagint when Nebuchudnezzar went 'ragingly insane' it's the same Greek word. I believe these are those times - 'ragingly insane'.
MangoMan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2008, 04:19:41 PM »

Ok, I won't pull up my LazyBoy recliner and grab some popcorn and a pop.  Yeah, Pop, the stuff you drink.  Down with you soda drinkers!  How can anyone like a water and baking soda combination.  That's just... yukky as my niece would say, maybe even ewwwwwwwwww!

Ok, I'll head back to the land of seriousness.  It maybe ragingly insane, but it's not funny.  The life of this country is at stake, possibly even the world.  Look to Britain, once a vibrant Christian nation reaching around the empire, it's anything but that.  I still remember a friend of mine after returning from a business trip remarking about the churches with boarded up windows.  Europe is in the same bucket of slop.  I don't mince my words either.  Before the rise of Charlamagne, the Moors (Islamic in nature) were trying to sweep into Europe but were not successful.  Alas, the "Moors" have returned to a sick populace.  I've heard tale of the horror stories of the skin trade in Belgium, isn't that the home of Corrie Ten Boom?  With the rise of the arabic populace it won't surprise me to see them cracking down on the corruption and instituting Sharia (sp?) law there.  The local government is afraid of the arab residents.  Don't think America is too far behind.  Our government is scared stiff.

When the hearts and minds of the people become depraved, their destruction looms.  Not my words, I'm sure they've been echoed through time, but history shows it's truth, and history repeats itself.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2008, 05:17:03 PM »

Ok, I won't pull up my LazyBoy recliner and grab some popcorn and a pop.  Yeah, Pop, the stuff you drink.  Down with you soda drinkers!  How can anyone like a water and baking soda combination.  That's just... yukky as my niece would say, maybe even ewwwwwwwwww!

COFFEE!

The local government is afraid of the arab residents.  Don't think America is too far behind.  Our government is scared stiff.

I don't think it is so much being afraid (which may be the case for some) as it is being totally blind to the truth. We are in an age where it is becoming more and more popular to call evil, good and good, evil.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
MangoMan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2008, 06:12:21 PM »

Aye, to true.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2008, 06:19:21 PM »

Ok, I won't pull up my LazyBoy recliner and grab some popcorn and a pop.  Yeah, Pop, the stuff you drink. 

I actually call it Pop also.  Folks in Seattle call it soda and that's where I'm from, but I also lived a long time in California where they call it Pop.  I often get asked where I'm from because I've picked up slang from living all over the country and just use what suits me or whatever comes to mind at the moment!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 07:53:27 PM »

Camp McCain: The Left Loves Those Smears They Throw

It’s good to see the McCain campaign fighting against the biased media and against the most radical elements of the Left (which is, of course, the Democrat base nowadays), something we on the Right begged Dubya to do. Michael Goldfarb at John McCain 2008: Smears The Left Can Fight For:

In the least credible and most vicious corner of the internet, liberal bloggers at the Daily Kos are accusing John McCain of plagiarizing from Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. The story Solzhenitsyn told was of a prisoner who drew a cross in the dirt in a Soviet Gulag. McCain’s story is of a guard who drew a cross in the dirt in a Vietnamese prisoner of war camp.

The only similarity between the two stories is a cross in the dirt, but it is hardly an unlikely coincidence that there were practicing Christians in both Russia and Vietnam, or that in the prisons of those two Communist countries the only crosses to be found were etched in the dirt, as easily disappeared as the Christians who drew them.

But those desperate to discredit Senator McCain’s record will have to impugn his fellow prisoners as well. Orson Swindle, who was held as a prisoner of war along with McCain, tells the McCain Report that he heard this particular story from McCain “when we first moved in together.” That was in the summer of 1971, Swindle said, though “time blurred” and he couldn’t be sure. He said it was some time around then that the Vietnamese moved all “36 troublemakers” into the same quarters, where they “talked about everything under the sun.”

It may be typical of the pro-Obama Dungeons & Dragons crowd to disparage a fellow countryman’s memory of war from the comfort of mom’s basement, but most Americans have the humility and gratitude to respect and learn from the memories of men who suffered on behalf of others. John McCain has often said he witnessed a thousand acts of bravery while he was imprisoned, and though not every one has been submitted into the public record, they are remembered by the men who were there (one such only recently reported by Karl Rove though it escaped mention in any of Senator McCain’s books, article following this post). But as Swindle said, this is a “desperate group of people trying to make something out of nothing.”

It’s funny how the left tells us that it is verboten to attack Obama over his character, his inability to show any patriotism, his wife’s America loathing (till Barry almost had the nomination in the bag), Jeremiah Wright, etc and so on, but it is OK to go after McCain on this. Go figure.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 07:54:47 PM »

Getting to Know John McCain
By KARL ROVE

It came to me while I was having dinner with Doris Day. No, not that Doris Day. The Doris Day who is married to Col. Bud Day, Congressional Medal of Honor recipient, fighter pilot, Vietnam POW and roommate of John McCain at the Hanoi Hilton.

As we ate near the Days' home in Florida recently, I heard things about Sen. McCain that were deeply moving and politically troubling. Moving because they told me things about him the American people need to know. And troubling because it is clear that Mr. McCain is one of the most private individuals to run for president in history.

When it comes to choosing a president, the American people want to know more about a candidate than policy positions. They want to know about character, the values ingrained in his heart. For Mr. McCain, that means they will want to know more about him personally than he has been willing to reveal.

Mr. Day relayed to me one of the stories Americans should hear. It involves what happened to him after escaping from a North Vietnamese prison during the war. When he was recaptured, a Vietnamese captor broke his arm and said, "I told you I would make you a cripple."

The break was designed to shatter Mr. Day's will. He had survived in prison on the hope that one day he would return to the United States and be able to fly again. To kill that hope, the Vietnamese left part of a bone sticking out of his arm, and put him in a misshapen cast. This was done so that the arm would heal at "a goofy angle," as Mr. Day explained. Had it done so, he never would have flown again.

But it didn't heal that way because of John McCain. Risking severe punishment, Messrs. McCain and Day collected pieces of bamboo in the prison courtyard to use as a splint. Mr. McCain put Mr. Day on the floor of their cell and, using his foot, jerked the broken bone into place. Then, using strips from the bandage on his own wounded leg and the bamboo, he put Mr. Day's splint in place.

Years later, Air Force surgeons examined Mr. Day and complimented the treatment he'd gotten from his captors. Mr. Day corrected them. It was Dr. McCain who deserved the credit. Mr. Day went on to fly again.

Another story I heard over dinner with the Days involved Mr. McCain serving as one of the three chaplains for his fellow prisoners. At one point, after being shuttled among different prisons, Mr. Day had found himself as the most senior officer at the Hanoi Hilton. So he tapped Mr. McCain to help administer religious services to the other prisoners.

Today, Mr. Day, a very active 83, still vividly recalls Mr. McCain's sermons. "He remembered the Episcopal liturgy," Mr. Day says, "and sounded like a bona fide preacher." One of Mr. McCain's first sermons took as its text Luke 20:25 and Matthew 22:21, "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's." Mr. McCain said he and his fellow prisoners shouldn't ask God to free them, but to help them become the best people they could be while serving as POWs. It was Caesar who put them in prison and Caesar who would get them out. Their task was to act with honor.

Another McCain story, somewhat better known, is about the Vietnamese practice of torturing him by tying his head between his ankles with his arms behind him, and then leaving him for hours. The torture so badly busted up his shoulders that to this day Mr. McCain can't raise his arms over his head.

One night, a Vietnamese guard loosened his bonds, returning at the end of his watch to tighten them again so no one would notice. Shortly after, on Christmas Day, the same guard stood beside Mr. McCain in the prison yard and drew a cross in the sand before erasing it. Mr. McCain later said that when he returned to Vietnam for the first time after the war, the only person he really wanted to meet was that guard.

Mr. Day recalls with pride Mr. McCain stubbornly refusing to accept special treatment or curry favor to be released early, even when gravely ill. Mr. McCain knew the Vietnamese wanted the propaganda victory of the son and grandson of Navy admirals accepting special treatment. "He wasn't corruptible then," Mr. Day says, "and he's not corruptible today."

The stories told to me by the Days involve more than wartime valor.

For example, in 1991 Cindy McCain was visiting Mother Teresa's orphanage in Bangladesh when a dying infant was thrust into her hands. The orphanage could not provide the medical care needed to save her life, so Mrs. McCain brought the child home to America with her. She was met at the airport by her husband, who asked what all this was about.

Mrs. McCain replied that the child desperately needed surgery and years of rehabilitation. "I hope she can stay with us," she told her husband. Mr. McCain agreed. Today that child is their teenage daughter Bridget.

I was aware of this story. What I did not know, and what I learned from Doris, is that there was a second infant Mrs. McCain brought back. She ended up being adopted by a young McCain aide and his wife.

"We were called at midnight by Cindy," Wes Gullett remembers, and "five days later we met our new daughter Nicki at the L.A. airport wearing the only clothing Cindy could find on the trip back, a 7-Up T-shirt she bought in the Bangkok airport." Today, Nicki is a high school sophomore. Mr. Gullett told me, "I never saw a hospital bill" for her care.

A few, but not many, of the stories told to me by the Days have been written about, such as in Robert Timberg's 1996 book "A Nightingale's Song." But Mr. McCain rarely refers to them on the campaign trail. There is something admirable in his reticence, but he needs to overcome it.

Private people like Mr. McCain are rare in politics for a reason. Candidates who are uncomfortable sharing their interior lives limit their appeal. But if Mr. McCain is to win the election this fall, he has to open up.

Americans need to know about his vision for the nation's future, especially his policy positions and domestic reforms. They also need to learn about the moments in his life that shaped him. Mr. McCain cannot make this a biography-only campaign – but he can't afford to make it a biography-free campaign either. Unless he opens up more, many voters will never know the experiences of his life that show his character, integrity and essential decency.

These qualities mattered in America's first president and will matter as Americans decide on their 44th president.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 11:30:28 AM »

BREAKING NEWS... A GOP first -- female VP nominee

John McCain has announced an "out-of-the-box" pick for his vice-presidential running mate: Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.

Sources in Dayton, Ohio, today are saying the presumptive GOP presidential nominee named Palin -- the first female governor of Alaska -- as his pick to join him on the November ticket. Palin and her husband, Todd, are the parents of five children, one of them with Down syndrome.

The 44-year-old governor, described by some in the media as a "religious conservative," was elected to lead Alaska in 2006 after defeating the Republican incumbent. She is strongly pro-life, opposes same-sex "marriage," and is noted for her energy policies promoting independence from big oil companies.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008, 03:09:17 PM »

Flammables, duct tape, knives and urine, oh my!
Police raid uncovers 'RNC Welcoming Committee' weapons stash meant to disrupt GOP in Twin Cities

©2008 WorldNetDaily

Police in Minnesota raided a building in St. Paul and several homes in Minneapolis last night, confiscating materials believed to be stockpiled for protests, vandalism and riots by an anarchist group calling themselves the RNC Welcoming Committee.

Five people were arrested and more than 100 handcuffed, questioned and released when a Ramsey County police force – assisted by the FBI, Hennepin County, and Minneapolis law enforcement – executed a search warrant against a group considered a threat to launch violent protests during this week's Republican National Convention.

Ramsey County Sherriff Bob Fletcher read from a statement this morning, describing the RNC Welcoming Committee as "a criminal enterprise made up of 35 self-described anarchists who are intent on committing criminal acts before and during the Republican National Convention.

"These acts include tactics to blockade and disable delegate buses, breaching venue security and injuring police officers," Fletcher said.

Fletcher's statement also included a list of items found in the searches, including PVC pipe, chicken wire and duct tape – believed by police to be intended for locking protesters together in human barricades called "sleeping dragons" – five-gallon buckets of urine, throwing knives, flammable liquids, homemade caltrops (devices used to puncture tires, presumably bus tires), bolt cutters, sledgehammers, protective padding, and plastic buckets cut into shields.

A video claiming to advertise for the RNC Welcoming Committee's upcoming protests was posted on YouTube, showing a masked female running through streets to the lyrics, "One way or another, I'm gonna find ya, I'm gonna getcha," and distributing riot gear and homemade bombs from materials such as those found in last night's raids. The group did not respond to WND's request that it confirm authorship of the video, though the group's name and website are featured prominently throughout.

Both the video page and the group's website link to another group's stated plan for disrupting the RNC, which includes establishing blockades around St. Paul's Excel Center (where the convention is to take place), immobilizing delegates' buses and blocking the bridges that connect Minneapolis to St. Paul.

"Those plugging into this strategy," the plan states, "will be free to shape their actions as they see fit, using the tactics they consider appropriate."

The RNC Welcoming Committee released a statement late Friday, criticizing the police action.

"The police may claim that the raid was executed according to protocol – however, the violence inherent in this action may only be a hint of the violence to be expected on Monday and beyond, and is only a hint at the violence perpetrated daily by the police," the group said.

RNC Welcoming Committee member Tony Jones read from a statement calling the raids and effort to "derail RNC protest organizing efforts and to intimidate and terrorize individuals and groups converging on the Twin Cities to exercise what are supposed to be their basic civil rights."

St. Paul City Councilman Dave Thune, whose district includes the building rented by the RNC Welcoming Committee, joined the criticism.

"This is not the way to start things off," Thune told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. "This is sending the wrong message. Regardless of how you feel about these people … they have a right to be here."

"To me," Thune told the St. Paul Pioneer Press, "this smacks of preemptive strike against free speech."

St. Paul Mayor Christopher Coleman, however, defended the motivation behind the police action.

"We have worked very, very hard to make sure we've protected people's right to exercise free speech," Coleman told the Pioneer Press. "To pick up a protest sign, that's fine. If you're here to pick up a brick or some other instrument, there's a problem."

The Pioneer Press reports that the five people being held in jail are under arrest on suspicion of conspiracy to riot, conspiracy to commit civil disorder and conspiracy to damage property and that the St. Paul building that the RNC Welcoming Committee was leasing, found following the raid to be in violation of fire code, has since been turned back over to the property owner.

Wonder who organized it?  Terrorist-Lover Obama, family and friends....?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2008, 04:14:25 PM »

McCain halts campaign
to tackle financial crisis
Calls on Obama to join him in Washington,
postpone Friday's debate on foreign policy

In a dramatic move, Republican Sen. John McCain announced he will suspend his presidential campaign tomorrow to focus on addressing the Wall Street crisis and called on Democratic rival Sen. Barack Obama to do the same.

McCain also asked for suspension of the debate scheduled for Friday in Oxford, Miss., focused on foreign policy, considered his strong suit.

The Arizona senator said he believes the administration's $700 billion bailout bill in Congress will not pass and urged Obama to join him in working out a new deal before Monday.

A senior Obama campaign official, however, told ABC News, "The debate is on."

Asked his reaction to McCain's call to postpone the debate, Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., Obama's chief debate negotiator, told MSNBC "we can handle both."

Emmanuel said he believes lawmakers are making good progress on Capitol Hill and suggested the debate would not interfere.

McCain said lawmakers need to show the kind of patriotism displayed in the wake of the 9/11 attacks and "temporarily set politics aside."

"If we do not act, every corner of this country will be impacted," he said. "We cannot allow this to happen."

The Obama campaign, according to Fox News, issued a statement suggesting it actually made the first move to set politics aside to address the country's financial woes.

Spokesman Bill Burton said Obama called McCain at 8:30 this morning "to ask him if he would join in issuing a joint statement outlining their shared principles and conditions for the Treasury proposal and urging Congress and the White House to act in a bipartisan manner to pass such a proposal."

Then, at 2:30 p.m., Burton said, McCain returned Obama's call and "agreed to join him in issuing such a statement."

"The two campaigns are currently working together on the details," the spokesman said.

President Bush is scheduled to make a nationally televised address to promote the administration's proposal tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern Time.

McCain said he met with a group of economic advisers this morning to talk about the congressional bill and also spoke with members of Congress to hear their perspective.

"It has become clear that no consensus has developed to support the administration' proposal," he said. "I do not believe that the plan on the table will pass as it currently stands, and we are running out of time."

McCain said his campaign will officially be suspended tomorrow after he speaks at the Clinton Global Initiative.

"I have spoken to Senator Obama and informed him of my decision and have asked him to join me," he said. "I am calling on the president to convene a meeting with the leadership from both houses of Congress, including Senator Obama and myself. It is time for both parties to come together to solve this problem."

McCain said he's confident a consensus can be achieved before the markets open Monday

Any bill, he said, should "stabilize our financial markets, protect taxpayers and homeowners and earn the confidence of the American people."

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2008, 08:33:55 PM »

"The debate is on."

"we can handle both."

Well of course.  We know that he's not the Messiah but he could be the Mahdi.

Tell me.  Who has the most character and integrity here?
Another piece of a converstion with Obama:
"I really don't have time to talk about whats good for America and her people.....I know!  Let's talk about ME again!  What a dork.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2008, 01:40:47 AM »

Well of course.  We know that he's not the Messiah but he could be the Mahdi.

Tell me.  Who has the most character and integrity here?
Another piece of a converstion with Obama:
"I really don't have time to talk about whats good for America and her people.....I know!  Let's talk about ME again!  What a dork.

Sister, you might be close to being right. We are watching daily INSANITY played out before our very eyes, and many folks still think that Obama is the best thing since sliced bread. NOTHING makes much sense. I watched a few interviews and news spots today - and almost had to wonder what country I was in. On top of everything else, Obama tried to use the current CRISIS for POLITICAL GAIN! By the way, I feel like RANTING TOO, so I think that I will. The WOLVES and FOXES are having a wonderful time, and we paid for their party. I think that I'll call Elmer Fudd and ask if wolf and fox season is OPEN. Everyone ought to have at least a pair of them stuffed and over the mantle.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2008, 02:22:59 AM »

Sister, you might be close to being right. We are watching daily INSANITY played out before our very eyes, and many folks still think that Obama is the best thing since sliced bread. NOTHING makes much sense. I watched a few interviews and news spots today - and almost had to wonder what country I was in.

Gotta agree with you there!

On top of everything else, Obama tried to use the current CRISIS for POLITICAL GAIN!

I'm sure he did!  I couldn't believe the article, I think it was PR that posted it, about Obama contracting with a company in Britain to mint 300 silver coins with his picture on it!  What a pompous piece of waste space.  Ought be a law about breathing air that is more suited to others that have a real purpose.

And maybe someone can explain to me why we never heard any comments from Bush about all of Obama's buttinski tactics in foregin affairs while he was on his magical mystery tour?  As president wouldn't he have the right to bring charges or give some kind of reprimand?  For crying out loud...speak up man!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 02:24:43 AM by grammyluv » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the