Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:57:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286817 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Will Iran attack Israel?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Iran attack Israel?  (Read 901 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2006, 12:29:17 PM »

Will Iran attack Israel?

In light of the recent statement by the president of Iran concerning his threat to "cover the land of Israel as a cloud," what does the Bible say?

The president used a simile that can be found in Ezekiel 38. Whether or not he said this knowing the prophecy concerning this event I do not know. Ezekiel 38 speaks of an event in the "latter days" (38:16) when Iran (Persia, v. 5) Russia (Gog, the land of Magog), and Meshech (Moscow) and Tubal (Leningrad, v. 1-3), along with other middle eastern countries, will come against Israel to take a spoil.

The passage where we find this unusual phrase is Ezekiel 38:8-9-16. "After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou and all thy bands, and many people with thee . . . And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes."

This attack is not the Battle of Armageddon which brings an end to the seven-year tribulation that follows the rapture of the church. In that battle all the nations of the world are against Israel and Jesus returns personally to destroy them.

Rather, this incident happens sometime before the end of the tribulation. Whether it transpires before the rapture of the church or shortly thereafter is still a point of disagreement among Bible scholars.

What do we know about this future anticipated attack upon the nation of Israel?

1. It happens when they are a nation inhabiting the Promised Land. Ezekiel 38:8,12. Obviously, this is already a reality. The Jews have had their own land since 1948.

2. It happens before the Antichrist comes to power since it is only some of the world's nations that attack Israel, while others stand by and question what they are doing. Ezekiel 38:13. At the Battle of Armageddon at the end of the tribulation all of the nations under the diredion of the Antichrist world leader will attack Israel.

3. Israel's enemies will be defeated when in confusion they turn on each other and suffer the wrath of God as He sends pestilence, rain, hailstones, fire and brimstone. Ezekiel 38: 18-23. However, at the Battle of Armageddon, Jesus Himself appears and destroys Israel's enemies with the word of His power.

4. Israel will be burying their enemies for seven months after their deliverance Ezekiel 39:11-13. At the Battle of Armageddon, however, the fowls of the air are called in by God to eat the dead. Rev. 19:17, 18.

5. Israel and the other nations of the world will understand that the Lord helped them. Ezekiel 39:21-22. In contrast, at the conclusion of Armageddon, the Beast and false prophet will be cast into a lake of fire.

I find it interesting that Iran's leader used Biblical language, whether intentionally or unwittingly, to describe just how they will come against Israel. What he probably didn't know is that his quote comes from the very passage that tells how he will be undone in the end.

What a lesson to learn. God's promises to Israel will never be repealed or thwarted. God always keeps His word, no matter what man does to contradict or ignore it. God still blesses those (like the U.S.) who bless Israel and curses those who curse Israel.

Make no mistake about it, Iran will one day join a coalition to attack Israel, but they also will lose in the long run..

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 07:26:46 PM »

Make no mistake about it, Iran will one day join a coalition to attack Israel, but they also will lose in the long run..

AMEN brother!! God said it, I believe it, and thats the end of that.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 09:45:35 AM »

Will Iran attack Israel?

However, at the Battle of Armageddon, Jesus Himself appears and destroys Israel's enemies with the word of His power.

Just as by the Power of His Word God created the universe and everything in it, by that same Power of His Word Jesus will destroy Israel's enemies.

Re 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the