Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God's Sabbath Rest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Sabbath Rest  (Read 22858 times)
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2003, 12:34:47 PM »

RAPHU posted this scripture
Romans 14:5  One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6  He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

John the Baptist(or anyone)All these scriptures the sunday go to meetin guys send to explain away Gods sabbath, ive found scriptures to prove their points not true except the above. By no means do i believe this scripture to say the 4th commandment of God has been done away with. If God had done that HE would of course come right out and say it in the scriptures. I have found scriptures speaking of eating and drinking things on specific holy days, but i believe we are to still keep Gods holy days.They were givin by ordinance. And the new testament is clear that it was the law contained in these ordinances that Jesus fulfilled. Anyways, has anyone found scripture that would explain the scripture Raphu sent?

wreck n sow,

I am afraid it is futile to push this point..

The ordinances have been abolished.

Have you read;

2 Cor 3
3:1  Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?
2  Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3  Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart.
4  And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5  Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6  Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
7  But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8  How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9  For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
10  For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
11  For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
12  Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
13  And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
14  But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ.
15  But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.
16  Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.
17  Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18  But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

The ordinances, have been abolished, these were given as the answer to them that broke the law, but where there is not law, there is no need for ordinances.

The Apostles and Elders, resolved this matter, once and foreve at the first Council at Jerusalm, when they by the Holy Spirit, rejected the teaching, that circumcision and Law of Moses, had to be observed by Christians, you can read the whole story at Acts 15, I would encourage to do so.

Romans 4, teaches us that Abraham, was given the promises, while in uncircumsicion before the law was given;

11  ..........the sign of circumcisiona seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
12  And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
13  For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
14  For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
15  Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Jesus, has abolished death in His flesh, and brought life and immortality to lite through the Gospel. (2 Tim 1:10)

During the OT period, everyone was under the Law, until the promise of the Faith which should come (Gal 3:22-25), whoever broke the law was put to death, that very day;

So by your teaching, Christians who do not keep the Sabaath, the 4th Commandment, are worthy of death. This is an erroneous teaching.

While the transgression of the Law  in the period of the Law the OT, caused death,  to them that have been saved, during this age of Grace (the NT period) the Law has no power to kill the soul, since it is not subject to the law of sin and death, it Christians  lives unto a higher Law, the Law of Faith.

Please note;

Rom 3
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25  Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26  To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27  Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29  Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30  Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 6
14  For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

The Law was simply a schoolmaster to bring men to Christ, once having done it job, men are no longer under the Law.

Yes, Christians are to obey the Commandments, the day the Lord  rested was the Sabbath, but he speaks of another day of rest for His people, and it is the new day, we observe, it is the day, Jesus rose from the dead, the firts day of the week.

It is the new day we look to, which will dawn in our hearts.
(2 Pet 1:19)

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Blessings
Petro

John the Baptist
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2003, 03:32:00 PM »

Romans 14:5  One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6  He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

John the Baptist(or anyone)All these scriptures the sunday go to meetin guys send to explain away Gods sabbath, ive found scriptures to prove their points not true except the above. By no means do i believe this scripture to say the 4th commandment of God has been done away with. If God had done that HE would of course come right out and say it in the scriptures. I have found scriptures speaking of eating and drinking things on specific holy days, but i believe we are to still keep Gods holy days.They were givin by ordinance. And the new testament is clear that it was the law contained in these ordinances that Jesus fulfilled. Anyways, has anyone found scripture that would explain the scripture Raphu sent?

John here:
Christ saves conditionally on the GodHead's Everlasting Covenant. (the one that He wrote! Heb. 13:20 is it! It is in Gods Temple INSIDE the Ark! Rev. 11:19 & 1 Kings 8:9)

This *agreement IS ETERNALLY called the [EVERLASTING GOSPEL!] See Rev. 14:6. They CANNOT BE SEPERATED FOR THEY ARE JOINED TOGETHER. The Covenant IS THE VERY CHARACTER OF CHRIST, HIS 'EPISTAL'!! See 2 Cor. 3:3.

The Sabbath day(S) were not the Sabbath day of the Forth Commandment in the Covenant. In Deut. 30:6 & 10 we see what God will do, & then what they were to do. (conditional) Notice 'the book of the law'. (again refer to the 31'st chapter verse 9 & 26, same book) These ALL pointed unto the SEED THAT WAS TO COME in Gal. 3:19. OK?

What are these Sabbath's'?? 2 Cron. 8:13 tells us. "... offering according to the [commandment of Moses], on the [SABBATHS] (plural) and on the new moons, (s) THREE times a year, even the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of week(S), and in the feast of tabernacles." (do you remember the 'easter' of Acts 12:1-5? Today these 'folk' keep the 'days of unleavened bread'! that is Easter that is done away with! FINISHED Wink)

Now was Paul telling them that he believed in forced worship? Hardly! Even though his inspiration about ceremonial law had nothing to do with the Law of God's Sabbath, he still has choice Words for these ones! Notice in Titus 3:8-11 he talks of this being a [faithful]
saying, then he tells us... 'But AVOID FOOLISH QUESTIONS (??) ... and STRIVINGS ABOUT THE LAW: for they ARE VAIN.

(Now notice after the first & second admonition..) A man that IS A HERETICK after the (ONLY) first and second admonition REJECT: KNOWING that he that IS SUCH IS SUBVERTED, AND SINNETH, and is condemned of himself."

You can quickly tell if one is sincere! IF YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS! Otherwise Rom. 8:14 is VOID! (see 1 John 4:6)

A forum might be some differant because of the multitude of wittness. But these  Grin Grin ones that post?? we best heed the Master's inspiration!  One on the forum here has even been accused of copying anothers work, and using it for there own.

Now, another thought about this question? Who is it that saves? Christ! Acts. 4:12.. When one is saved (Born Again) he is a SERVANT to his Master! Why?? BECAUSE HE LOVES HIM! OK?? Smiley

[Christ says].. 'IF' ye LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS. Does one judge anothers MOTIVES as if we could read the mind? Hardly! Now, when we LEARN (Rom. 8:14) new Truth what do we do with it IF we REALLY LOVE CHRIST? Try Hosea 4:6, & Rev. 18:4. AND: Could I baptise anyone as Christ commanded in Matt. 28:20 knowing that they did not keep the Sabbath Day? NO WAY! Now, could he be sincerely ignorant? All that I know is that he would not belong in membership with Sabbath keepers of Rev. 12:17.  

In closing out. The only ones that are guilty of sin are the ones who [KNOW] TO DO GOOD AND [DO IT NOT], TO [HIM IT IS SIN]. Jms. 4:17 (or have had the oppurtunity, see Hosea 4:6) We CANNOT do anything more than the knowledge that we have, huh?

---John

PS: About the eating thing. Anyone can die before his time by IGNORANT eating, or eating habits. If they do not KNOW any better, they will still die on time, yet will be saved with the knowledge that they lived up to. See Luke 12:47-48. One are saved & the other lost, yet in the 'execution' stage of judgement you can see who will suffer the worst sentance.  

Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2003, 04:27:04 AM »

God's law is NEVER done away with - not one jot or tittle. It is, however, complete and fulfilled IN CHRIST. Did He not say, "I will give you rest"? Did He not say, "For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed."

Col. 2:9  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Philippians 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Philippians 3:9 ¶ And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Romans goes on in 14 to say: "17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."

Can we lift up our righteousness to God and say, "look at my righteousness", or lift up someones else and say "look at the sins of this man"? No, it is wrong and the same thing the Pharisee did to the sinner in scripture. We are free from that through the once and for all righteousness we have in Christ's final work on the cross. He said, "it is finished", and the complete work of righteousness was done in Him so I can no longer boast in anything I do but only the cross and what He did for me.

The law is never done away with, but established forever in Him, and He is love.

1Jo 4:16  And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Mt 5:17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Lu 16:17  And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
Ro 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Ro 13:10  Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Hosea 11:10  They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
John the Baptist
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2003, 06:29:54 AM »

God's law is NEVER done away with - not one jot or tittle. It is, however, complete and fulfilled IN CHRIST. Did He not say, "I will give you rest"? Did He not say, "For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed."

Col. 2:9  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Philippians 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Philippians 3:9 ¶ And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Romans goes on in 14 to say: "17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."

Can we lift up our righteousness to God and say, "look at my righteousness", or lift up someones else and say "look at the sins of this man"? No, it is wrong and the same thing the Pharisee did to the sinner in scripture. We are free from that through the once and for all righteousness we have in Christ's final work on the cross. He said, "it is finished", and the complete work of righteousness was done in Him so I can no longer boast in anything I do but only the cross and what He did for me.

The law is never done away with, but established forever in Him, and He is love.

1Jo 4:16  And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Mt 5:17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Lu 16:17  And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
Ro 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Ro 13:10  Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Raphu: (John here)
What is it that you are saying here, that [you] believe?

That the Laws of Moses are what were fulfilled at Christ's cross? Gal. 3:19. Or do you say, NO?? Or, that ALL are FINISHED once we are Born Again in Christ? Even the last six ten that GOVERN the UNSAVED by Caesar's law??? Rom. 13

And are you saying that now, any one who is IN CHRIST (Rom. 8:1) are in the last 'FINISHED' answer to the 'end of our maturity' & we now are saved and CANNOT GO OUT OF CHRIST EVER AGAIN??? Robots in other words!

This teaching is DANGEROUSLY FALSE! Read Heb. 6:6 & 2 Peter 2:19-22

The Word teaches that ALL REMAIN "IN CHRIST" only with  the PROVISIONS that ETERNITY had access to! (see Heb.'s plural on other world's' & John 15:5 along with Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9)

All of Gods creation were perfect at creation, (IN CHRIST) yet needed TESTING to develope a 'perfect character'. That is why the tree was in the garden in the first place.

---John

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2003, 08:03:41 AM »

Raphu: (John here)
What is it that you are saying here, that [you] believe?

That the Laws of Moses are what were fulfilled at Christ's cross? Gal. 3:19. Or do you say, NO?? Or, that ALL are FINISHED once we are Born Again in Christ? Even the last six ten that GOVERN the UNSAVED by Caesar's law??? Rom. 13

And are you saying that now, any one who is IN CHRIST (Rom. 8:1) are in the last 'FINISHED' answer to the 'end of our maturity' & we now are saved and CANNOT GO OUT OF CHRIST EVER AGAIN??? Robots in other words!

This teaching is DANGEROUSLY FALSE! Read Heb. 6:6 & 2 Peter 2:19-22

The Word teaches that ALL REMAIN "IN CHRIST" only with  the PROVISIONS that ETERNITY had access to! (see Heb.'s plural on other world's' & John 15:5 along with Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9)

All of Gods creation were perfect at creation, (IN CHRIST) yet needed TESTING to develope a 'perfect character'. That is why the tree was in the garden in the first place.

---John

2Cor. 11:14-15 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
John the Baptist
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2003, 08:37:50 AM »

Raphu: (John again)
It seems that the 'd'evil is in the 'spam' jesuit tactic game here on this site? Not just of stealing others work, but that of quickly covering up 'present day truth' to boot! Cry (more than one agent here, it seems too? see Gen. 4:7)

Anyway, if you are not yoked into this evil maturity, and want to learn more 'knowledge' (see Hosea 4:6) drop me an email at my address below & I will send you [another site] to check out?

pastornb@cherco.net

---John
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2003, 10:10:18 AM »

Raphu: (John again)
It seems that the 'd'evil is in the 'spam' jesuit tactic game here on this site? Not just of stealing others work, but that of quickly covering up 'present day truth' to boot! Cry (more than one agent here, it seems too? see Gen. 4:7)

Anyway, if you are not yoked into this evil maturity, and want to learn more 'knowledge' (see Hosea 4:6) drop me an email at my address below & I will send you [another site] to check out?

pastornb@cherco.net

---John

Spam? others work?LOL Grin

Its Gods Word, and it is for and about you.

2Cor. 11:14-15 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2003, 09:59:46 AM »

John and Ambassador
Kiss and make up. All are our nieghbors. You know what the WORD says about that. Yas know what a little leaven does.

Petro
Thanks for answer but the ordinances and the commandments are not one and the same. Nor the law of Moses. The scripture you sent says we are to walk in the spirit. If you walk in the letter only and not the spirit it will kill you. Yes, but you cant keep the spirit of the law and not walk in the letter of it also. Jesus magnified the law. HE made it even greater by explaining how to walk in the spirit of the law.For example adultry. Jesus said if you look on a woman to lust youve already committed adultry in your heart. This is the spirit of the law. Can you tell me how you cannot walk in the letter(the very act of adultry)while keeping the spirit of the law. Same goes for thou shall not kill and thinkin evil in your heart against your neighbor. Cant keep the spirit without keeping the letter.
John the Baptist
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2003, 12:34:14 PM »

WhiteHorse agrees. Wreck and Sow will now tell us which commandment it is that he is referring to? Hopefully!

Interesting!
If these two agree, that makes three, for I agree tooooo! Smiley

Hay, there is another one, the guy that post's up with blue ink, huh? Wow, that is four, on this site???

---John

>>>"IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS."<<<
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2003, 02:40:04 PM »

Wreck and Sow will now tell us which commandment it is that he is referring to? Hopefully

Ya lost me here Big John. Not sure what your refering to.
John the Baptist
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2003, 03:49:31 PM »

Hay Wreck & .. ,
perhaps I was lost on the pen name, & it was the guy that writes in blue? But anyway, this post of yours will do the job!  Wink And of course we all know which commandment that the devil hates. Dan. 7:25
----John

quote author=Wreck N Sow link=board=3;threadid=100;start=15#msg5417 date=1054299701]
Hi WhiteHorse
The problem lies in believing the WORD says what it says

MATT.19   [17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.[18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,[19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Many will say, yes it says "but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments".And they say they believe this. But if they dont happen to like 1 of the commandments they will say that the commandments are not the 10 commandments.And they will give their various reasons for this.
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2003, 09:58:50 AM »

Hay
What does everyone think and belief about the scripture below? Whats the scripture speaking of?

COL.2  [14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2003, 06:32:01 AM »

Hay
What does everyone think and belief about the scripture below? Whats the scripture speaking of?

COL.2  [14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Oklahoma Howdy to Wreck N Sow,

It is impossible to answer that question unless you understand the Gospel of the Grace of God and the meaning of the crucifixion of Jesus on the cross. Christ was and is the fulfillment of many things that were foretold. The verses above mean exactly what they appear to mean. A child of God can have fellowship with Christ continuously, not just one day a week. A child of God does have the Holy Spirit living in his or her heart every minute of every day. A child of God may pray and commune with the Lord and Saviour on any day and at any time without the assistance or blessing of a High Priest. The fulfillment of the Law by Christ is still a mystery to many. The Gospel of God's Grace is also a mystery, or at least confusion, to many. God's GIFT allows his children to rest in Christ and the Holy Spirit in them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

A work was completed at Calvary by our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. It is finished, and his children rest safe and secure IN HIM. Further, HE is with His children and the HOLY SPIRIT dwells in the heart of His children. So, what is the Sabbath and when is it? The answer is IN CHRIST, NOT THE LAW.

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2003, 08:09:27 AM »

Howdy back at ya Black eyed Peas
I want ya to know when i question what ya wrote im not personally attacking you. I was taught these same things.

you wrote
 A child of God does have the Holy Spirit living in his or her heart every minute of every day
THE WORD SAYS
JOHN 14 [15] If ye love me, keep my commandments.[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Thats pretty clear BEPs. Keep commandments=recieve Holy Spirit

You said
A child of God may pray and commune with the Lord and Saviour on any day
THE WORD SAYS
PROVERBS 28 [9] He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
[10] Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright
shall have good things in possession.
Turn from the law=prayers wont be heard

You said
The fulfillment of the Law by Christ is still a mystery to many
THE WORD SAYS
MATT.5 [17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
I know the earth is still here. So...No mystery here.

You said
God's GIFT allows his children to rest in Christ
THE WORD SAYS
2 THES.1 [7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
according to the WORD your rest might be a bit early.

You wrote
The Gospel of God's Grace is also a mystery
THE WORD SAYS
PROVERBS 4 [4] He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.[5] Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.[6] Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.[7] Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.[8] Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.[9] She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.
Keep my commandments - get wisdom - She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace

I heard and was taught all those things to BlackeyedPeas.When i read that the whole world would be decieved i decided to read the WORD and believe what it says no matter who said what. The WORD also makes it clear that but a few will be saved. And in the new testament the WORD says that the old testament scriptures will make you wise unto salvation. So... That is what i believe.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2003, 08:15:51 AM »

A work was completed at Calvary by our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. It is finished, and his children rest safe and secure IN HIM. Further, HE is with His children and the HOLY SPIRIT dwells in the heart of His children. So, what is the Sabbath and when is it? The answer is IN CHRIST, NOT THE LAW.

Amen blackeyedpeas Amen

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the