Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 05:27:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286817 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Huckabee in GOP top tier
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Huckabee in GOP top tier  (Read 23742 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »

Hello Brother Jerry,

This is a confusing time, and this election is like an episode of the Twilight Zone. I'm firmly convinced that the best thing Christians can do is pray, follow the leading of THE HOLY SPIRIT in what we do, pray some more, and leave the rest to GOD. GOD'S Will be done, and it will be!

I've been doing a lot of thinking and praying about many issues, and I have some thoughts that I would like to share. As Christians, there is NO defeat for us and NO change in what we are supposed to do. We already have VICTORY IN CHRIST!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2008, 03:16:58 PM »

Amen to that.  now more than ever.  Advisors will be trying to urge him to quit.   That he does not have enough of a lead.  We need to pray now more than ever that God will lead the hearts of men to follow in the path He is leading.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2008, 07:22:31 PM »

Limbaugh pushes McCain-Huckabee ticket
Despite Super Tuesday victories, senator dissed by majority of GOP conservatives

Sen. John McCain may have secured his status as the Republican presidential frontrunner after winning a lion's share of delegates in yesterday's Super Tuesday contests, but exit poll results reveal that he faces a huge obstacle in his quest for his party's nomination: Republican conservatives.

While the Arizona senator has a commanding delegate lead over his rivals, only 32 percent of self-described conservatives — the majority of GOP primary voters yesterday — cast their votes for McCain, according to exit polling.

McCain: 'We Will Unite the Party'

A day after his Super Tuesday victories, the Arizona senator attempted to reassure conservatives about his intentions, previewing his message for Thursday's Conservative Political Action conference, a major gathering held each year in Washington that McCain skipped last year, rising the ire of some conservatives.

"Our message will be that we all share common principles, common conservative principles, and we should coalesce around those issues in which we are in agreement and, I hope, respectfully disagree on the few specifics that there is disagreement on," McCain said in Phoenix today before heading back to Washington.

"We share common principles and values and ideas for the future of this country based on a fundamental conservative political philosophy which has been my record," he said.

The moderate Republican senator has long had a strained relationship with the conservative base of his party, which decries his vote against President George W. Bush's $1.35 trillion tax cut in 2001, sponsorship of the failed bipartisan immigration reform legislation and opposition of a federal ban on same-sex marriage.

In his path toward the Republican nomination, McCain has been continually hammered by conservatives including influential talk show host Rush Limbaugh, commentator and author Ann Coulter, and James Dobson, the evangelical Christian founder of Focus on the Family.

"For all intents and purposes, McCain is the Republican nominee," a defeated Limbaugh said on his radio show today. Limbaugh suggested McCain will march Republicans to defeat in November unless he picks former Gov. Mike Huckabee of Arkansas, who did well among Christian evangelicals last night, as his running mate.

"Here's the thing about McCain: he can't win conservatives in the South by virtue of this primary yesterday," Limbaugh said. "These blue states that McCain won last night are places where he has no chance in November."

Coulter has suggested she will vote for Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., if McCain becomes the nominee, arguing that Clinton has a more conservative record.

Dobson released a statement to "The Laura Ingraham Show" Tuesday announcing that he would refuse to vote in November if McCain is the nominee.

"I am convinced Sen. McCain is not a conservative, and in fact, has gone out of his way to stick his thumb in the eyes of those who are," Dobson wrote. "A spoonful of sugar does NOT make the medicine go down. I cannot, and will not, vote for Sen. John McCain, as a matter of conscience."

Today McCain argued that his support among moderates and independents will help him win the White House, and he urged conservatives to get behind him.

"The quote 'independent' voters and frankly the old [Ronald] Reagan Democrats will come our way because I think we will have a message that will appeal to all of them," McCain said.

"I see, in all due respect, the two Democratic candidates moving further and further to the left which will make for... I think, a very spirited debate and one that we can carry from a philosophical standpoint."

'Join Together'

After last night's victories, including several winner-take-all states, McCain has a huge lead over his rivals in delegates for September's GOP convention in Minneapolis. ABC News estimates McCain has secured at least 561 delegates, to 222 for Romney. Huckabee stands at 172. To win the GOP nomination 1,191 delegates are needed.

Before his victory in the South Carolina primary, McCain's 95-year-old mother, Roberta, advised conservatives to "hold their nose" and vote for her son. But a majority of conservatives, including those in McCain's homestate of Arizona, didn't heed McCain's mother's advice.

On Super Tuesday, exit polling showed McCain narrowly lost conservatives to former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, gaining 40 percent support among Arizona conservatives to Romney's 43 percent. However, those who considered themselves "very conservative" went for Romney by a much wider margin: 53 percent support for Romney to McCain's 22 percent support.

Asked by a reporter to respond to accusations by conservatives like Limbaugh that McCain will push Republicans to the left in Congress, McCain defended his record of working with Democrats and independents like Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman.

I think most conservatives are very proud that we have a guy here that would stand up to his party and argue that we needed to stay the course in Iraq," McCain said of the Democratic-turned-independent senator.

"Ronald Reagan did have a record of reaching across the aisle to Democrats," he added.

"They've made their case against me and I think the majority of Republicans have stated their view and now I hope we can join together for the good of the party and the good of the nation," McCain said today.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »

Huckabee says he'll accept VP slot
'Nobody ever wants the vice-president's job. Nobody ever turns it down'

Well surprise, surprise!

He danced the complete Kabuki, right down to the mandatory move about considering John McCain for his VP slot. But at the end of the day, Mike Huckabee has admitted the obvious: he'll take the Veep nomination if John McCain offers it.

Huckabee was a guest on this morning's Today.

MIKE HUCKABEE: Matt, we're still in this until somebody gets 1,191 delegates, the magic number to become the nominee. And until that happens, just ask the New York Giants what can happen near the end of the game.

MATT LAUER: Yeah, but you did not close the door on me there, Governor. Would you say this morning that you would consider at some point, if you don't think you can reach that magic number of delegates, would you consider the vice-presidential slot on a ticket with John McCain?

HUCKABEE: Well, let's go ahead and be honest now. Nobody ever wants the vice-president's job; nobody ever turns it down.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2008, 03:52:34 PM »

Grrrr

With Romney bowing out Huckabee missed an opportunity that McCain picked up on....give a speech.  Now if Huck goes out and does it he will simply appear as copying him.

C'mon Mike...you need to hit an avenue that McCain is not....the Internet!!  get out there and do whatever you can to get some pull in the Inet.  It is usually cheap and easy.
I say this as if he is reading it Smiley

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2008, 10:09:37 PM »

I say this as if he is reading it Smiley

Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2008, 07:46:28 AM »

Huckabee banks
on Texas, Norris
Campaign believes Romney departure helps
unify anti-McCain vote in 27 remaining contests

It's not over till it's over.

That's not just what Yogi Berra believes, it's what Mike Huckabee's campaign chairman is saying about the Republican contest for the presidential nomination.

In a memo to his campaign staff, late Friday, after the dramatic departure of former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney from the race and John McCain's effort to unify the Republican base at the Conservative Political Action Conference here the same day, Ed Rollins said it's too early for a coronation.

"Big mistake on their part," wrote Rollins. "They are wrong. We know that we are running an underdog campaign, but that's nothing new – we have always been the underdog. And yet a whole lot of onetime 'overdogs' are now on the sidelines, licking their wounds. The Republican National Convention is seven long months away; a lot can happen in that much time. A lot will happen."

Specifically what Rollins expects is a Huckabee win the big southern state of Texas and close contests with McCain in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

"So don't let anyone tell you that it's over!" warns Rollins. "In fact, as of today, no fewer than 27 states, districts, and territories have not yet had a chance to vote. That includes such big states as Texas (Chuck Norris' home state, 'nuff said), Ohio, and Pennsylvania. All the Republicans and Republican-minded independents in those states want to be part of the process, too, and they deserve to have a choice put before them. Folks don't want the Republican Establishment to pick the nominee for them, through a premature rush to judgment, and they sure as heck don't want the media to pick the nominee!"

What makes Rollins so giddy?

"We note that in many of the hottest contests so far, the vote has been divided into thirds – typically, about one-third for Governor Huckabee, one third for Senator McCain, and one third for all the other candidates," he says. "And as you know, typically, Governor Huckabee has done best among hardcore Republicans – the activist base."

He believes many Romney voters will go to Huckabee rather than McCain.

"We are confident that we will get most of the activists, the folks who work the hardest because they care the most about the issues," Rollins says. "In addition, we note that many of the jurisdictions that have already voted have merely had the first round of their delegate-selection process. To be frank, there's still plenty of time for politicking, as Republicans really focus on the question of who should lead their party into the November election. Who's the most stalwart champion of Republican and conservative values? Who's the most articulate and effective campaigner? We know the answer to those questions – that's why we have been working our hearts out for Mike Huckabee. But soon, everyone paying attention will know that, too. As the campaign season grinds on – and let's again remember, this is just February! – there will be plenty of time for reflection and reconsideration, especially among those hundreds of delegates pledged to candidates who have now dropped out."

Huckabee sure didn't seem like a candidate looking for a vice presidential selection at CPAC today. He electrified the crowd with a rousing speech designed to galvanize support among conservative voters.

"I know the pundits, and I know what they say, that the math doesn't work out," he said. "Folks, I didn't major in math. I majored in miracles, and I believe in those. Am I quitting? Let's get that settled right now. No, I'm not."

Huckabee concluded with a story from a supporter from Kentucky who had recently lost her house in the tornadoes that ravaged the South.

"Despite damage to her home there was one thing that was pretty remarkable," he said. "She had a Mike Huckabee yard sign ... When the tornado had gone through, standing pristine, without a hint of damage, or even meaning, was that yard sign. Across America, everywhere there is still a vote to be cast, I am still standing."

Huckabee handily defeated McCain in today's Kansas Republican caucus, taking 60 percent of the vote to the Arizona senator's 24 percent.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2008, 02:18:22 PM »

Against all odds, Huckabee vows to hang in there

John McCain's campaign says it's mathematically impossible for Mike Huckabee to win the Republican presidential nomination, yet the former Arkansas governor is vowing to "march on" and continue challenging McCain until the presumptive nominee reaches the required total of 1,191 delegates.

Despite losses in the Potomac primaries Tuesday night, Mike Huckabee is vowing to remain in the Republican presidential race. Huckabee says it would be a "disservice" to voters in upcoming Republican presidential primaries in Wisconsin (February 19), in Texas and Ohio (March 4), and beyond if he chose to drop out of the race now.

Huckabee's national campaign co-chairman, former Arkansas Senator Tim Hutchinson, says conservatives and the Republican Party still have "a lot of issues" with Senator McCain (R-Arizona).

"Governor Huckabee's presence as an authentic conservative, as somebody who has not spent the last 25 years in Washington, DC, as the only chief executive still in the race -- that's given an opportunity for some of those concerns to be expressed at the ballot box," says Hutchinson. "And one of the reasons Governor Huckabee has determined to stay in this race is because he believes ... Republican [primary] voters deserve to have a choice and to have an option to have their voice expressed."

Hutchinson says Huckabee will be spending the bulk of his time campaigning in Texas the next few weeks, a state that Hutchinson calls a "must-win."

"Clearly much of the focus is going to be on Texas and Ohio," he states. "I think Texas is almost a must-win state to keep mathematically alive and to keep [viable] the possibility of sending this to an open convention. [We] gotta win Texas. I mean, it's a neighboring state to Arkansas, [it's] a culturally conservative state, and there will be a lot of effort put into Texas."

Following the Potomac primaries, Huckabee told reporters: "I've not been one who believes that you leave the field because it's gotten difficult. You stay, and you keep playing until the last second of the clock has sounded."

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2008, 03:25:25 PM »

Hi Everyone
I live in AZ. and i'm going to call Sen. McCains office and tell them the only way me & My Family will Vote for him, is if he nominates M. Huckabee for V.P...
Thats 5 Votes!
My mom & sisters usually listen to me too... That's 3 more!
I CAN'T BELIEVE I"M CONSIDERING J.McCAIN FOR PRESIDENT! OUGH BOY!
YLBD
Illegal-Immigration!
Gay Marriage!
A fense with NO funds!
UNrealistic veiws towards God!
78 yrs old!
The only good thing thats come out of his mouth is his veiw on the War on terror!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2008, 05:23:20 PM »

The only good thing thats come out of his mouth is his veiw on the War on terror!

And even that is questionable because of his stance on illegal immigration is allowing the war on terror to move to within our own borders.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2008, 06:34:12 PM »

Hello Littleboy,

This is a very wild and strange election. I've never seen anything like it. It appears that BIG MONEY George Soros put all of the major players in place. Our choices are limited, and future choices may be even further limited.

Brother, we both know that this world isn't our home, and we also both know that end of this Age of Grace events may be near. Further, Christians might not be here that much longer. I'm ready for the LORD to take us HOME. Today would be wonderful. In the meantime, the best we can do is pray, pray some more, and yield to GOD'S Will until the last moment. GOD'S Will be done!, and it will be!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2008, 06:12:05 PM »

I thank God for you guy's,
I get some sanity, amongst the insanity that is going on right now...
Did you see Mr. Huckabee on saturday night live? What a hoot, he is funny!
What a good natured man...
I told my family that i will not be voting anymore(EVER), If Mike Huckabee isn't on the ticket for President or V. President,
I told them I'm tired of voting for "the lesser of two Evils" and things only being fixed with a Band-Aid...
Our country has been Hemoridging(Godlessness,gay agenda,Murderous,Abortions,Ect.ect.ect.) for a long time now & I'm ready too just let her be Bled to Death by the Demoncrates that think their right, May God have Mercy on us when his Wrath Comes to America, And it will, Just look at all the Natiions in the Bible & how it turned out when they Chose to do Evil And turn from him...
He Promises Utter Destruction to Nations that turn from him & gave us Examples of his Wrath and the Harshness of it...
YLBD
I've voted every time for almost 30 yrs. now, And now I may never vote again, What a trip!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2008, 06:56:00 PM »

There is always the write-in vote and whether it will do any good or not I will probably go that route myself this time around.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2008, 07:18:35 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I've made up my mind to just wait, stay informed, and watch what happens between now and the election. Any number of things could happen to change our available choices. We must also remember GOD may choose leaders for HIS Purposes. If these are the End Days of the Age of Grace, events will happen according to the perfect Timing and Will of GOD. A TIME was foretold thousands of years ago, and that TIME might be coming. If so, it will be the Will of GOD - GOD'S Will be Done! - and it Will Be!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ezekiel 7:1-9 NASB
Moreover, the word of the LORD came to me saying, "And you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD to the land of Israel, 'An end! The end is coming on the four corners of the land. 'Now the end is upon you, and I will send My anger against you; I will judge you according to your ways and bring all your abominations upon you. 'For My eye will have no pity on you, nor will I spare you, but I will bring your ways upon you, and your abominations will be among you; then you will know that I am the LORD!' "Thus says the Lord GOD, 'A disaster, unique disaster, behold it is coming! 'An end is coming; the end has come! It has awakened against you; behold, it has come! 'Your doom has come to you, O inhabitant of the land. The time has come, the day is near--tumult rather than joyful shouting on the mountains. 'Now I will shortly pour out My wrath on you and spend My anger against you; judge you according to your ways and bring on you all your abominations. 'My eye will show no pity nor will I spare. I will repay you according to your ways, while your abominations are in your midst; then you will know that I, the LORD, do the smiting.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2008, 10:28:19 AM »

Amen

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the