Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:37:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  CHRIST OR the devil
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CHRIST OR the devil  (Read 20765 times)
Jesusinme

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2005, 11:40:46 PM »

"Thank you Jesusinme. Your post made me happy and put a smile on my face"..     You are most welcome. your response to my post brought me here:

Proverbs 16:24 Pleasant words are as sweet as an honeycomb,sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

I pray you are well BEP
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2005, 01:17:21 AM »

quote"I would never disagree with that!  

I'm saying to you that ALL JEWS will be saved by Jesus. Not just some."

it just seems to me that you want to be right and not see where I am coming from even though I keep telling you I'm not talking about in the future, I am speaking of today and at this moment.
What is the doctrine that a true jewish person lives by right now 2/16/05

Lisa, my friend - my sister...let's not allow this "debate" to get away from us my sister. I'm not trying to be right - it's not my scriptures that I'm quoting from - these verses come straight from God my sister.

Please allow me to go back a wee bit, and ask you to address these verses. First are two verses straight from the Old Testament.

Gen 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.  

Lisa my sister in Jesus...what do you believe God is telling the Jews in this verse? Why does He specifically say "thee and thy seed after thee in their generations"  and then He says "for an everlasting covenant"
Do you believe this promise has somehow been canceled?

Gen 17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.  

Remeber Lisa, God is telling the Jews this a couple of thousand years before Jesus came and died on the cross - and He is telling them that, not only will the Jews who are alive at the time He was making that promise, but all the generations of Jews to come after them. Why would God make such a promise if He wouldn't keep it?

Do you agree that God made that promise to those Jews and all the future generations of Jews to come? Because that's exactly what He said..."thee and thy seed after thee in their generations"

Bronzesnake
Bronzesnake,
Paul answers your argument very plainly.
Galatians 3
16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

If any man be in Christ he is a new creature. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile. If a Jew is not in the seed (Christ) he is simply not saved and will face the lake of fire if he rejects Christ in this life.

Romans 9
6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Please let's rightly interpret scripture with scripture.

I myself am the seed of Abraham by faith in Jesus Christ, am a part of Israel because I am a child of the promise by faith in Jesus.

Gal 3
29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

asaph
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 01:18:52 AM by asaph » Logged

Bronzesnake
« Reply #167 on: March 07, 2005, 01:41:25 PM »

asaph quote...

My friend, that is very condescending.

I'm not going to get into this whole debate again. If you read all my posts on this topic carefully, you will see that I actually agree with what you just posted.
My entire point is that the Jews will all accept Jesus. that is in the scriptures. So, yes - without Jesus we are doomed, even the Jews.

Bronzesnake
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2005, 01:49:09 PM »

asaph quote...

I'm not going to get into this whole debate again. If you read all my posts on this topic carefully, you will see that I actually agree with what you just posted.
My entire point is that the Jews will all accept Jesus. that is in the scriptures. So, yes - without Jesus we are doomed, even the Jews.

Bronzesnake
I'm sorry. I did not feel condescending when I wrote it.
Will those Jews that died without Christ be saved at the ressurrection?
asaph

Bronzesnake
« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2005, 03:31:54 PM »

asaph quote...

Bronzesnake
asaph

Fish swims up to the bait...sniffs it and swims away!  Cheesy

Bronzesnake
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2005, 04:19:01 PM »

asaph quote...

Bronzesnake
asaph

Fish swims up to the bait...sniffs it and swims away!  Cheesy

Bronzesnake
Whatever.

asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2005, 05:10:21 PM »

Bronzesnake,
I am not going to divide over this issue. If you want to think that some people get saved just because they are the natural descendants of Abraham it's ok. I still receive you as a brother. But ask yourself how do you reconcile the verses I quoted above with that beleif? Paul wrote those verses too. I think they should define what he meant by "all" Israel.
Any way, our minds seem to be set, so no reason to further argue over this. We'll let the readers decide. No hard feelings.

asaph

Bronzesnake
« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2005, 06:49:45 PM »

Bronzesnake,
I am not going to divide over this issue. If you want to think that some people get saved just because they are the natural descendants of Abraham it's ok. I still receive you as a brother. But ask yourself how do you reconcile the verses I quoted above with that beleif? Paul wrote those verses too. I think they should define what he meant by "all" Israel.
Any way, our minds seem to be set, so no reason to further argue over this. We'll let the readers decide. No hard feelings.

asaph

This is only my belief on what the scriptures are saying my friend. I could be wrong - then again, so could you.

We'll know soon enough my friend.

Bronzesnake
thommy

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2005, 03:51:22 AM »

Hi,

Do you guys all really think that we will see the rapture in this generation?

Thom
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2005, 11:39:03 AM »

Hi,

Do you guys all really think that we will see the rapture in this generation?

Thom

Hello Thom,

Yes, I believe the RAPTURE could be today or soon.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 37:18  The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.

Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2005, 06:11:46 PM »

lets say that the rapture was today and someone that was saved was cought up, and their car was left behind and it smashes into a car that a non Jesus jew was driving and as a result of that accident the jew dies that night. Will that jew go to heaven?Huh?

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Bronzesnake
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2005, 07:51:35 PM »

lets say that the rapture was today and someone that was saved was cought up, and their car was left behind and it smashes into a car that a non Jesus jew was driving and as a result of that accident the jew dies that night. Will that jew go to heaven?Huh?

No.  In order for a person to enter heaven he must be born again.  I am not the One who said this but it is Jesus the Messiah who said this.  

And let me also add that Jesus said this to a JEW in John 3:3!  

Just because someone is Jewish doesn't give him the right to reject Jesus all his life and then enter heaven based solely on the fact of his heritage.

be blessed

Silver

I should probably kick myself for posting on this topic again, but I do want to clarify something Silver...

It's not based solely on heritage my friend - it's based on a promise made by God.

We're not saved solely because we claim to be Christians either - we're saved because God promised us we would be saved if we accepted Him.

I won't regurgitate my arguments on this topic - if you want to know where I stand, just read my posts.

Bronzesnake
Mrs.Chosen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2005, 10:23:44 PM »

Broonze,
just yes or no.

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Bronzesnake
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2005, 01:29:37 AM »

Broonze,
just yes or no.

I won't regurgitate my arguments on this topic - if you want to know where I stand, just read my posts.

Bronzesnake
Mrs.Chosen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2005, 09:38:43 PM »

Broonze would it hurt for you to do me a little favor. Just a little itty bitty one?
Thats all I'm asking.
just type me a few letters.

Yes/no

i gotta have your answer.
I can't sleep Cry

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the