Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:58:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  CHRIST OR the devil
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CHRIST OR the devil  (Read 20758 times)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2005, 12:34:38 PM »

Posting a scripture is not a challenge, unless your looking for one.

Doctrines of exclusion are not scriptural in my view. Many scriptures have been posted in this thread showing the misguided ness of such teaching. Also a doctrine that subtlety changes the Word to fit its needs  (changing the word Israel to Jew) is a doctrine to be wary of.

I know the some of the meanings and uses of the word Israel but that does not give man the freedom to change Gods use of the word at mans will. I dont understand why 'Bible Students' (using that term loosly) feel they have the right to exchange the Words the Holy Spirit inspired.  To change the word Israel to Jew is not in the same catagory as changing  saith to say.

These comments were all in response to my belief of what the scriptures say about God's promise to the Jews Reba.

Therefore, at the very least - by way of default, these remarks were directed at me - even if you won't admit it Reba. Who else are you debating against on this thread?

I don't like the way this whole thing is digressing (myself included)  Sad It gives the impression that we are angry at each other and I am definately not angry. However, I felt that I had to answer your last post.

Bronzesnake
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 01:50:51 PM by Bronzesnake » Logged
Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2005, 12:46:22 PM »

Please read Acts.

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."
Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?"
Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."

Now if all jews were indeed blind what were these guys doing seeing. Luke states that the promise of Jesus Christ is 1st for the jews. These jews got saved this day. Now there brothers who didn't can't say "well, we were still blind"

Bronze instead oh holding so tighly to an opinion be open to receive and take this up with HIM. See the point is GOD didn't break a promise, man just don't understand the promise. The promise is Jesus. He came and they were to see after He left. Thats why jews were getting saved in Acts. If they were blind then how could they see?

P.S. I know the scriptures already, no need to repost them. Grin
Please just answer me the question above.

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Reba
« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2005, 01:40:39 PM »

Reba.

First of all. I am surprised that you feel the need to insult me with the reference to 'Bible Students' (using that term loosely)

Before i even read farther this was not an insult... by loosly i simply ment most of us are not students of some Bible college. nothing more nothing less.

now back to the post

Did you see this Bronze or do you believe me to be a lier?
Reba
« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2005, 01:46:28 PM »

Wont admit what?

I have address most of the post in this thread, maybe all of em, to you. In my posting i try and enclude all who are  reading and posting but do address often to a fellow poster. Parden my grammar but you get the idea.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 01:49:05 PM by Reba » Logged
Bronzesnake
« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2005, 01:52:57 PM »

Please read Acts.

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."
Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?"
Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."

Now if all jews were indeed blind what were these guys doing seeing. Luke states that the promise of Jesus Christ is 1st for the jews. These jews got saved this day. Now there brothers who didn't can't say "well, we were still blind"

Bronze instead oh holding so tighly to an opinion be open to receive and take this up with HIM. See the point is GOD didn't break a promise, man just don't understand the promise. The promise is Jesus. He came and they were to see after He left. Thats why jews were getting saved in Acts. If they were blind then how could they see?

P.S. I know the scriptures already, no need to repost them. Grin
Please just answer me the question above.

I didn't say all Jews were blinded. Read the verses again Lisa. God says there was a "faithful" remnant - and the rest were blinded until the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

Bronzesnake
Bronzesnake
« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2005, 02:04:43 PM »

Reba.

First of all. I am surprised that you feel the need to insult me with the reference to 'Bible Students' (using that term loosely)

Before i even read farther this was not an insult... by loosly i simply ment most of us are not students of some Bible college. nothing more nothing less.

now back to the post

Of course I read it. Who are you disagreeing with on this topic Reba? That remark, whether you admit it or not, was directed at me, and anyone else who disagrees with your intpretations of this subject. Do you honestly think I believe you were knocking everyone in general, including yourself?  

Are you telling me that you "exchange words the Holy Spirit inspires"? This is what you accused me of doing Reba.

I know the some of the meanings and uses of the word Israel but that does not give man the freedom to change Gods use of the word at mans will. I dont understand why 'Bible Students' (using that term loosly) feel they have the right to exchange the Words the Holy Spirit inspired.  To change the word Israel to Jew is not in the same catagory as changing  saith to say.

The entirety of the statement makes it perfectly clear that you are directing that comment at people who you believe "exchange words the Holy Spirit inspired" In this case that would be me. It's a direct attack on my understanding of the word "Israel"

Reba, I understand that we all get passionate about our Biblical beliefs, and at times we all make comments we probably shouldn't have made. But at least be honest about it when you do.

Bronzesnake

Reba
« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2005, 02:27:05 PM »

Reba.

now back to the post

Of course I read it. Who are you disagreeing with on this topic Reba? That remark, whether you admit it or not, was directed at me, and anyone else who disagrees with your intpretations of this subject. Do you honestly think I believe you were knocking everyone in general, including yourself?  

Are you telling me that you "exchange words the Holy Spirit inspires"? This is what you accused me of doing Reba.

The entirety of the statement makes it perfectly clear that you are directing that comment at people who you believe "exchange words the Holy Spirit inspired" In this case that would be me. It's a direct attack on my understanding of the word "Israel"

Reba, I understand that we all get passionate about our Biblical beliefs, and at times we all make comments we probably shouldn't have made. But at least be honest about it when you do.

Bronzesnake

"Do you honestly think I believe you were knocking everyone in general, including yourself?"  I didn't feel my words were 'knock ' to anyone. i simple meant most of use are not in a Bible college as Bible students but are students of His word.

"Are you telling me that you "exchange words the Holy Spirit inspires"? This is what you accused me of doing Reba."

We can pick out many verses and take them out of context to show "none" are saved without Jesus, in order to "prove" the Jews are "evil" but we must remember that Jesus is the same God that said ALL THE JEWS WILL BE SAVED

What is the scripture that states ALL THE JEWS WILL BE SAVED?

Bronzesnake
« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2005, 02:31:11 PM »

Reba my sister.

I have decided to discontinue our debate. We are just arguing against each other and not discussing the actual topic.
I am just as guilty as anyone in getting caught up in this foolish bickering.
So I'm done with it - before it gets out of hand.

love ya little lady!  Cheesy

Bronzesnake
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2005, 03:16:46 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

This thread has gotten a little bit warm, but it has caused many to study their Bibles. There is a lot here to study from many perspectives. It appears that the discussion has gone so far that now there is misunderstanding and people getting upset.

Let's have a group hug and all take a chill pill.   Cheesy

I love all of you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2005, 03:28:54 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

This thread has gotten a little bit warm, but it has caused many to study their Bibles. There is a lot here to study from many perspectives. It appears that the discussion has gone so far that now there is misunderstanding and people getting upset.

I love all of you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Amen bep!

Bronzesnake Embarrassed
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2005, 04:14:42 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I love all of you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Good point!  I was just being humored (no offense meant to the parties involved) by how we often argue to justify our arguments.  Y'all were arguing to justify your arguing!  I just found that humorous cause I do it all the time.  Anyway.  Go on.  Continue debating.  It's been very pleasant reading apart from the humor!   Smiley Wink

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Bronzesnake
« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2005, 04:29:17 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I love all of you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Good point!  I was just being humored (no offense meant to the parties involved) by how we often argue to justify our arguments.  Y'all were arguing to justify your arguing!  I just found that humorous cause I do it all the time.  Anyway.  Go on.  Continue debating.  It's been very pleasant reading apart from the humor!   Smiley Wink

Embarrassed

Bronzesnake
Jesusinme

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2005, 08:34:57 PM »

I'm a Jew,........and I'm jumpin'for Jesus Grin
Bronzesnake
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2005, 09:14:57 PM »

Yeeehaaah!  Cheesy

Bronzesnake
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2005, 09:30:24 PM »

Cheesy  I'm Scotch-Irish-Cherokee, and JESUS, my Lord and Saviour, has adopted me and given me a full inheritance as a Child of GOD. I'm just a visitor here on earth for a short journey, and my visa will expire soon. My home and citizenship is in Heaven. Thank you JESUS!

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Thank you Jesusinme. Your post made me happy and put a smile on my face.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Revelation 21:23  And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the