Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:42:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Asking permission before Attending other churches
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Asking permission before Attending other churches  (Read 5556 times)
Eva

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 11:33:06 AM »

Good Morning Sister Eva!

You are most welcome. One of our main purposes here is to strengthen and encourage each other in GOD'S WORD. It's a continual matter of prayer about how to best please and Glorify GOD, and that would be for all Christians every day. Many of us have decided that the full-strength GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD is one of the best ways to do that. It's still the most powerful and precious message on this earth.

Love In Christ,
Tom

One of the main reasons I love this site is because of it's content and gentle correction.  I have only been on one other Christian site, but their content strayed way off the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

Thanks to the moderators and posters who have spoken the Truth in love.

Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 12:08:51 PM »

Hi Everyone, HERE'S GODS WORD

Ephesians 2:
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Let's not forget that the Lord asked Peter if he loved him 3 times and told him to FEED HIS FLOCK, Just before he Asscended into heaven...
The only way we can be feed by Peter is too read his Words...
If you do you'll see that Peter Does hold the Keys(ways) to salvation...
YLBD

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 02:13:53 PM »

Hi Everyone, HERE'S GODS WORD

Ephesians 2:
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Let's not forget that the Lord asked Peter if he loved him 3 times and told him to FEED HIS FLOCK, Just before he Asscended into heaven...
The only way we can be feed by Peter is too read his Words...
If you do you'll see that Peter Does hold the Keys(ways) to salvation...
YLBD

Hello Brother Duane,

I give thanks that all Christians hold the way to Salvation. The only way in the Old Testament was Faith in GOD. Faith in GOD was the Foundation of the Apostles and Prophets. After the CROSS, Faith In JESUS CHRIST is the only way to Salvation. So, Faith in GOD is the Foundation for the entire Bible from cover to cover. I give thanks that we don't place our Faith and Trust in men. Our Faith and Trust is in the HOLY ONE who has never failed, never lied, and never sinned. The Law of Faith in JESUS CHRIST has set us free from the curse of sin and death.

Deuteronomy 32:3-4 NASB  "For I proclaim the name of the LORD; Ascribe greatness to our God! "The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; A God of faithfulness and without injustice, Righteous and upright is He.

This is the first time in Scripture that GOD is called "The Rock". HE is the Rock and Foundation that doesn't change and doesn't move. It also pertains to HIS Deity, Power, and Perfection. There are many times in the Bible where GOD is called the Rock, and we are given a great number of illustrations regarding our need of "The Rock". HE is the basis of our Hope. A contrast is given with shifting sands. In fact, there are contrasts and comparisons throughout the Bible. "The Rock" is known as a protector, a shelter in the time of storm, a hiding place, and is the "Rock of Ages". "The Rock" also pertains to GOD being just, perfect, and worthy of allegiance. "The Rock" is the sure foundation.

This can be and is a beautiful Bible Study. See Hab. 1:12, 2Sam. 23:3, Is. 17:10, Ps. 31:2-3, 1Co. 10:4, 1Pe. 2:8, Rom. 9:33, and many other beautiful portions of Scripture.

Thanks Brother Duane. You gave me an idea for a Bible Study that I plan to enjoy. If any man is deemed worthy, it's because of GOD in him - not the man himself. This extends to many perfect works by CHRIST (i.e. Holiness, Righteousness, Redemption, Sanctification, and most obviously Salvation).

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 NASB
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 03:15:25 PM »

Hi Brother BEP,
Maybe this will help some on your BibleStudy?

Hebrews 11
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

29 By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

James 2nd chap.,1 Corinthians 13:13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity (Love),
YLBD

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 03:51:58 PM »

Amen Brother Duane!

Thanks! The more I think about this, the more I like the idea of doing a study on Faith. I have a lengthy list of things that I want to study, but I think that I'll move this to the top of my list. LORD Willing, I'll try to share part of it on the forum.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 10:16-17 NASB
However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, "LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?" So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

servant512

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 11:21:35 AM »

Praise God brothers and sisters in Christ!

Encouraging and really really great! for the greater Glory of God!
Thank you for your replies.

Bro. Jun

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 10:33  But whosoever  shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 05:47:47 PM »

Amen Brother Duane!

Thanks! The more I think about this, the more I like the idea of doing a study on Faith. I have a lengthy list of things that I want to study, but I think that I'll move this to the top of my list. LORD Willing, I'll try to share part of it on the forum.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 10:16-17 NASB
However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, "LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?" So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

Your welcome Brother,
what ever it takes to get people to open up & seek him!
AMEN!
YLBD
sjoara

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 06:15:04 AM »

I do not see the need to ask permission to go visit other Brothers and Sisters .. we are one family!   A Pastor who requires you to get permission must have control issues or lacks self confidence. Just my opinion.

Totally agree! That sound so ridiculous to 'ask' to go to another church, like a child asking to go out on a Saturday night with friends.... I would never ask my pastor for "permission" to go to another church!!!

GOD IS MY DEFENCE, I SHALL NOT BE MOVED.
Chaplain Bob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 04:22:53 PM »

There is absolutely no Biblical authority for a church to require a member to ask the pastor's permission to visit another church.

In His Service,
Bob Allen
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 05:29:04 PM »

There is absolutely no Biblical authority for a church to require a member to ask the pastor's permission to visit another church.

Chaplain Bob!  Welcome to the forums! 

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2007, 05:40:50 PM »

Actually I see the you've been registered for quite some time now.  So in that case I'll say, "Nice to meet ya!"

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2007, 06:59:47 PM »

Actually I see the you've been registered for quite some time now.  So in that case I'll say, "Nice to meet ya!"

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 09:42:17 PM »

Oh my gosh!  I'm sitting here listening to Hannity and Combs and I'm watching this little guy do his thing when all of a sudden he sticks his tongue out at me and I just lost it! 

Chaplain Bob

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 10:10:47 PM »

Thank you.  My pleasure.  I don't get by here all that often 'cause it doesn't seem to be a very active board.

In His Service,
Bob Allen
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 12:03:43 AM »

Thank you.  My pleasure.  I don't get by here all that often 'cause it doesn't seem to be a very active board.

Hello Chaplain Bob,

I don't know what you call active, but we average over 130 posts per day and have over 12,000 page views per day. If there's something specific that you want to discuss, start a thread or revive an older thread on the same topic.

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the