Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 01:21:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286816 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Character of God promises....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Character of God promises....  (Read 825 times)
linssue55
« on: July 12, 2006, 11:05:29 AM »

I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give to each man according to his ways, According to the results of his deeds. JEREMIAH 17.10
'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. JEREMIAH 29.11
Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord God, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way [rejecting Christ] and live [by means of faith alone in Christ alone].' EZEKIEL 33.11

. . . He is the living God and enduring forever, And His kingdom is one which will not be destroyed, And His dominion will be forever. He delivers and rescues and performs signs and wonders In heaven and on earth . . . . DANIEL 6.26b,27a

The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble, And He knows those who take refuge in Him. NAHUM 1.7
For I, the Lord, do not change. MALACHI 3.6

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words shall not pass away. MATTHEW 24.35

For nothing will be impossible with God. LUKE 1.37

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. JOHN 1.1
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. JOHN 1.14

God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in [the filling of the] spirit and [biblical] truth. JOHN 4.24

I and the Father are one. JOHN 10.30

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, except through Me." JOHN 14.6

Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. JOHN 15.9
Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. JOHN 15.13
For the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father. JOHN 16.27

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "But the righteous man shall live by faith." ROMANS 1.16,17

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools. ROMANS 1.18-22

For there is no partiality with God. ROMANS 2.11

Yet, with respect to the promise of God, he [Abraham] did not waver in unbelief, but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform. ROMANS 4.20,21

God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 CORINTHIANS 1.9

For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. 1 CORINTHIANS 2.11

And all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ. 1 CORINTHIANS 10.4

For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 CORINTHIANS 4.6

He [God] made Him [Christ] who knew no sin [impeccable spotless lamb] to be sin on our behalf [as a substitute for us], that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 CORINTHIANS 5.21

. . . My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness. 2 CORINTHIANS 12.9b

But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), EPHESIANS 2.4,5

Now to Him [God the Father] who is able to do infinitely more than all that we ask or think on the basis of the power that keeps on working in us . . . . To Him the glory by means of the church by agency of Christ Jesus with reference to all generations of this unique age of the ages. Amen. EPHESIANS 3.20a,21

There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. EPHESIANS 4.4-6

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. EPHESIANS 6.10-13

Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. PHILIPPIANS 2.8-11

For it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure. PHILIPPIANS 2.13
Not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith. PHILIPPIANS 3.9

And He [Chirst] is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things have been created by Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. COLOSSIANS 1.15-17

To whom God decreed to make known what are the riches of His glory of this mystery [God's glory as manifested in the royal family, not revealed until the Church Age] in the Gentiles [gentile believers - the Church Age has interrupted the Jewish Age], which is, Christ in you, the hope [confident anticipation] of glory. COLOSSIANS 1.27

Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass. 1 THESSALONIANS 5.24
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 11:12:26 AM by linssue55 » Logged
linssue55
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 11:17:26 AM »

I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand. EXODUS 33.22b

. . . The Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations. EXODUS 34.6b,7

God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent [change His mind]; has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? NUMBERS 23.19

Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments. DEUTERONOMY 7.9

The Lord your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality, nor take a bribe. He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing. DEUTERONOMY 10.17,18

The Rock! His work is perfect, for all His ways are just; A God of faithfulness and without injustice, Righteous and upright is He. DEUTERONOMY 32.4

See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded, and it is I who heal; And there is no one who can deliver from My hand. Indeed, I lift up My hand to heaven, and say, as I live forever. DEUTERONOMY 32.39,40

There is none like the God of Jeshurun, Who rides the heavens to your help, And through the skies in His majesty. The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms. DEUTERONOMY 33.26,27

Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. JOSHUA 1.9

. . . God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 SAMUEL 16.7b

O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth, Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens! PSALMS 8.1

For the Lord is righteous, He loves righteousness; The upright will behold His face. PSALMS 11.7

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. PSALMS 18.2
As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the Lord is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God. PSALMS 18.30,31

Good and upright is the Lord; Therefore He instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in justice, And He teaches the humble His way. All the paths of the Lord are lovingkindness and truth . . . . PSALMS 25.8-10a

One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord And to meditate in His temple. PSALMS 27.4

For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock. PSALMS 27.5

For the word of the Lord is righteousness, And all His work is done in faithfulness. He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the unfailing love of the Lord. PSALMS 33.4,5

Let all the earth fear the Lord; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him. For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast. PSALMS 33.8,9
The counsel of the Lord stands forever, The plans of His heart from generation to generation. PSALMS 33.11

The Lord knows the days of the blameless; And their inheritance will be forever. PSALMS 37.18

. . . Every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird of the mountains, And everything that moves in the field is Mine. . . . The world is Mine, and all it contains. PSALMS 50.10b-12b

For not from the east, nor from the west, Nor from the desert comes exaltation; But God is the Judge; He puts down one and exalts another. PSALMS 75.6,7

For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You. PSALMS 86.5

I will sing of the lovingkindness of the Lord forever; to all generations I will make known Your faithfulness with my mouth. For I have said, "Lovingkindness will be built up forever; In the heavens You will establish Your faithfulness." PSALMS 89.1,2

Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; unfailing love and doctrine [truth] go before You. PSALMS 89.14

But I will not break off My lovingkindness from him, Nor deal falsely in My faithfulness. PSALMS 89.33

My covenant I will not violate, Nor will I alter the utterance of My lips. PSALMS 89.34

Before the mountains were born Or You gave birth to the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. You turn man back into dust . . . [God chooses the manner, time, and place of death ]. PSALMS 90.2,3a

Satisfy us in the morning with Your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be happy [have inner happiness] all of our days. PSALMS 90.14

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. PSALMS 91.1

He will cover you with His pinions, And under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark. PSALMS 91.4

For You, O Lord, have made me glad by what You have done, I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands. How great are Your works, O Lord! Your thoughts are very deep. PSALMS 92.4,5

Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting. PSALMS 93.2

For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His faithfulness endures to all generations. PSALMS 100.5

The Lord has established His throne in the heavens, And His sovereignty rules over all. PSALMS 103.19

The Lord is high above all nations; His glory is above the heavens. Who is like the Lord our God, Who is enthroned on high. PSALMS 113.4,5

Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven. Your faithfulness continues throughout all generations; You established the earth, and it stands. PSALMS 119.89,90

Your name, O Lord, is everlasting, Your remembrance, O Lord, throughout all generations. PSALMS 135.13

I will bow down toward Your holy temple And give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word [the thinking of Christ] according to all Your name. PSALMS 138.2

Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite. PSALMS 147.5

By His knowledge the deeps were broken up And the skies drip with dew. PROVERBS 3.20

He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous, Both of them alike are an abomination to the Lord. PROVERBS 17.15

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe. PROVERBS 18.10

. . . Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory. ISAIAH 6.3b

Trust in the Lord forever, For in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock. ISAIAH 26.4

Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, furthermore He is on high to have compassion on you. For the Lord is a God of justice; how blessed are all those who wait for Him [patience and dedication to the persistent intake of doctrine]. ISAIAH 30.18

The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever. ISAIAH 40.8

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. ISAIAH 40.28,29

"You are My witnesses," declares the Lord, "And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me. "I, even I, am the Lord, And there is no savior besides Me. "It is I who have declared and saved and proclaimed, And there was no strange god among you; So you are My witnesses," declares the Lord, "And I am God. "Even from eternity I am He, And there is none who can deliver out of My hand; I act and who can reverse it?" ISAIAH 43.10-13

"Come near to Me, listen to this: From the first I have not spoken in secret, From the time it took place, I was there. And now the Lord God has sent Me, and His Spirit." ISAIAH 48.16

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, Who leads you in the way you should go." ISAIAH 48.17

"For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, But My lovingkindness will not be removed from you, And My covenant of peace will not be shaken," Says the Lord who has compassion on you. ISAIAH 54.10

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts." ISAIAH 55.8,9

For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. ISAIAH 55.10,11

"Return, O faithless sons, I will heal your faithlessness." "Behold, we come to You; For You are the Lord our God. JEREMIAH 3.22

Your doctrines were found and I ate them, therefore your words became for me happiness and the delight of my right-lobe; For I have been called by Your name, O Lord, Lord of the armies. JEREMIAH 15.16
linssue55
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 11:20:21 AM »

Now may the Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God the Father, who loved us [Divine initiative of grace] and has given to us eternal comfort and good hope [confidence] in the sphere of grace, comfort your hearts and strengthen you in all [intrinsic good] production and good doctrine. 2 THESSALONIANS 2.16,17

But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. 2 THESSALONIANS 3.3
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. 1 TIMOTHY 1.17

. . . He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of Lords; who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen. 1 TIMOTHY 6.15,16

In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before times eternal. TITUS 1.2

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all mankind. TITUS 2.11

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever. HEBREWS 13.8

Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. JAMES 1.17

The anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God. JAMES 1.20

And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness," and he was called the friend of God. JAMES 2.23

For, "All flesh is like grass, and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls off, but the word of the Lord abides forever . . . ." 1 PETER 1.24,25a

For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears attend to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. 1 PETER 3.12

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing that any perish but that all come to a change of mental attitude [toward Christ]. 2 PETER 3.9

This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. 1 JOHN 1.5

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 1 JOHN 2.1

The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 1 JOHN 4.8

We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 1 JOHN 4.16

It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 1 JOHN 5.6b

And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. 1 JOHN 5.20

Guard yourselves by means of love for God, as you wait with anticipation for the mercy (and loving kindness) of the Lord Jesus Christ with reference to eternal life. JUDE 21

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." REVELATION 1.8

Those whom I love, I reprimand [warning discipline] and punish [intensive discipline]; therefore, keep on being motivated [by the love of God and love for God] and change your mind [about sin; i.e., rebound-1 John 1.9]. REVELATION 3.19

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the