Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:51:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Poetry/Prose (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Grace Gems
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 318 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grace Gems  (Read 359321 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: May 25, 2014, 06:45:16 PM »

FREE E-mail Subscription:
http://www.gracegems.org/

Away with that guilty atheism which dethrones God from the sovereign control over His own world!

(John MacDuff)

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights" James 1:17

Let us cherish the simple thought that all our blessings are from God. Everything we have emanates from Him, and wears the impress of His love--from the humblest crumb of providential bounty, to the richest blessing of His grace in Jesus.

How apt we are to live and act as if it were otherwise--to speak of . . .
  my health,
  my strength,
  my riches,
  my household treasures.

How prone are we to live independent of Him, forgetful of the Divine Hand which fills our cup, and interweaves our life with happiness.

Whatever our prized possession may be--it is His giving. It was He who planted. It is He who waters every moment--who nurtures and fosters delicate stem and leaf and bud and fruit, lest anything may hurt it.

Away with that guilty atheism which dethrones God from the sovereign control over His own world--which speaks of chance, good luck, good fortune, happy coincidences.

Rather, strive to inscribe above every loan given to you by the Great Proprietor, "This also comes from the Lord Almighty!"

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: May 26, 2014, 06:15:10 PM »

Rules for Self-Knowledge

(A.W. Tozer)

Rules for Self-Knowledge:
1. What we want most.
2. What we think about most.
3. How we use our money.
4. What we do with our leisure time.
5. The company we enjoy.
6. Who and what we admire.
7. What we laugh at.

"For where your treasure is--there your heart will be also!" Luke 12:34

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: May 27, 2014, 11:24:07 PM »

Does Christ think on me?
Does He notice me?
Does He love me?

(Frank Hall)

"Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." Luke 23:34

Jesus of Nazareth, the sinless Son of God, was hated without cause, arrested, beaten, mocked, laughed at, reviled, ridiculed, spat upon, shamed, stripped naked, crowned with thorns, publicly humiliated, nailed to a cross, and left to die!

What is the first thing He says while hanging upon the cruel tree? Does He ask His Father to send a legion of angels to destroy His persecutors? Does He condemn His unjust executioners? Does He call for fire and brimstone to fall on these wicked devils?

That's what we would do, is it not? But He is not like us. He is holy, harmless, undefiled, and separate from sinners. His ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts; for as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are His ways higher than our ways, and His thoughts than our thoughts!

Instead of fire--we see forgiveness.
Instead of words of wrath--we hear words of mercy.
Oh what grace! His lips are like lilies, dropping sweet smelling myrrh.
Christ prays, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."

"I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those You have given Me, for they are Yours!" John 17:9. He prayed, "Father forgive them (My people); for they know not what they do."

Child of God, be of good comfort--you were on the heart of Christ as He hung upon the cross! You may ask yourself, Does Christ think on me? Does He notice me? Does He love me? Oh you of little faith! You are always on His heart! You were on His heart in eternity past, in Gethsemane, on the cross--and you are on His heart now in glory! As He died in agony and blood under the wrath of God, He was thinking of you: "Father, forgive the sin of My poor, ignorant, rebellious child; for he knows not what he does!"

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: May 30, 2014, 07:12:56 PM »

Where God sees but a little grace

(Thomas Brooks)

"Remember the patience of Job" James 5:11

It is not:
"Remember the murmuring of Job,
 the cursing of Job,
 the complainings of Job,
 the impatience of Job," but
"Remember the patience of Job."

God looks upon the pearl--and not upon the spot that is in it!

Just so, in Hebrews 11:30, 31, there is mention made of Rahab's faith, love, and kind behavior towards the spies--but no mention is made of her lie or immorality. The Lord overlooks her weakness--and keeps His eye upon her virtues.

Where God sees but a little grace, He does, as it were, hide His eyes from those circumstances that might seem to deface the glory of it.

He who painted Alexander, drew him with his finger over the scar on his face.

Just so, when the Lord comes to look upon a poor soul, He lays His finger upon the scar, upon the infirmity--that He may see nothing but grace, which is the beauty and the glory of the soul.

"You are altogether beautiful, My love; there is no flaw in you!" Song of Songs 4:7

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: May 30, 2014, 07:13:52 PM »

Some have already split upon the rocks of Atheism!

(William Nicholson, 1862)

Never was there a time like the present, when Atheism and Infidelity appeared so determined, if possible, to annihilate the Christian religion! Behold their attempts. In schools and books, there is an incessant attempt to instill into the minds of the young, principles inimical to Christianity, as well as to draw professors from their steadfastness. Some have already split upon the rocks of Atheism--some have stranded on the quicksands of Infidelity.

"Help, LORD, for the godly are no more; the faithful have vanished from among men!" Psalm 12:1

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: May 30, 2014, 07:14:57 PM »

All His corrections are sent in love!

(Charles Spurgeon)

"And all the children of Israel murmured!" Numbers 14:2

There are murmurers among Christians now, as there were in the camp of Israel of old. There are those who, when the chastening rod falls, cry out against the afflictive dispensation. They complain, "Why am I thus afflicted? What have I done to be chastened in this manner?"

O murmurer! Why should you murmur against the dispensations of your heavenly Father? Can He treat you worse than you deserve? Consider what a rebel you were once--but He has pardoned you! Surely, if He in His wisdom sees fit now to chasten you--you should not complain!

After all, are you smitten as badly as your sins deserve? Consider the corruption that is in your heart--and then you will not wonder that there needs so much of the rod to fetch it out! Weigh yourself, and discern how much dross is mingled with your gold--and do you think the fire is too hot to purge away so much dross as you have? Does not that proud rebellious spirit of yours, prove that your heart is not thoroughly purified? Are not those murmuring words contrary to the holy submissive nature of God's children? Is not the correction needed?

But if you will murmur against His chastening, take heed, for it will go hard with murmurers. God always chastises His children twice, if they do not bear the first stroke patiently. But know one thing, "He does not afflict willingly, nor grieve the children of men." All His corrections are sent in love, to purify you, and to draw you nearer to Himself. Surely it must help you to bear the chastening with resignation, if you are able to recognize your Father's hand in it. For "whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives. If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons."

"Do all things without murmurings!" Philippians 2:14

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: June 06, 2014, 03:24:02 PM »

The more worthless will this world appear!

Growth in faith will be manifested by increasing deadness to the world. The more faith discovers of the beauty and glory of the Savior, and the splendors of that heavenly country to which the Christian is bound--the more worthless will this world appear!

"Everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith!" 1 John 5:4

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: June 06, 2014, 03:25:14 PM »

Accepted patterns of behavior prevalent in society and in the professing church

(John Murray)

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2

There are accepted patterns of behavior prevalent in society and in the professing church, which are in violation of the commands of God. And because they are the accepted patterns--they are not reckoned to be wrong, and we do not come under reproach when we conform to them.

"Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you." 2 Corinthians 6:17

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: June 06, 2014, 03:26:18 PM »

We shall see Him as He is!

(Thomas Boston, "Human Nature in its Fourfold State")

"We shall see Him as He is!" 1 John 3:2

Then we shall behold Him who died for us, that we might live forevermore; whose matchless love made Him swim through the Red Sea of God's wrath, to make a path in the midst of it for us, by which we might pass safely to our heavenly Canaan. Then we shall see what a glorious one He is, who suffered all this for us! Then shall we be more able to understand, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love really is.

When we shall fully realize that the waters of wrath which He was plunged into, are the wells of salvation from whence we draw all our joy; that we have received the cup of salvation, in exchange for the cup of wrath which He drank--how will our hearts leap within us, burn with seraphic love, as Heaven resounds with our songs of salvation!

We shall eternally, without interruption, feast our eyes upon Him--and be ever viewing His glorious perfections! In Him shall we see everything desirable--and nothing but what is desirable. We shall look into the heart of God, and there see the love He bore to us from all eternity, and the love and goodness He will bear to us forevermore.

We who are heirs of God, the great heritage--shall then enter into a full possession of our inheritance; and the Lord will open His treasures of goodness unto us, that our enjoyment may be full. We shall not be stinted to any measure--but the enjoyment shall go as far as our enlarged capacities can reach. We shall be fully satisfied, and perfectly blessed in the full enjoyment of divine goodness.

Our love to the Lord, being purified from the dross of self-love, shall be most pure. We will be all love, when we come to the full enjoyment of God in Heaven, by intuitive and experimental knowledge of Him, by full participation in the divine goodness.

The enjoyment of God and the Lamb will be ever fresh and new to us, through the ages of eternity; for we shall drink of living fountains of waters, where new waters are continually springing up in abundance. Our joy shall be pure and unmixed, without any dregs of sorrow; solid and everlasting, without interruption. We shall swim forever in an ocean of joy--where we shall see nothing but joy wherever we turn our eyes. The presence and enjoyment of God and the Lamb will satisfy us with pleasures for evermore; and will afford us everlasting delight!

"You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand!" Psalm 16:11

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: June 06, 2014, 03:27:21 PM »

I will rejoice in Your salvation!

"I will rejoice in Your salvation!" Psalm 9:14

The minds of the wicked find joy from the most trivial causes--causes which the Spirit of God has taught the Christian to estimate as mere "vanity and vexation of spirit." To the enlightened mind, the pursuits of this world, and the possessions of the most wealthy, dwindle into insignificance when compared with the value of the soul and its great salvation. If a sinner finds cause for joy in his career of iniquity, the end of which is damnation--then surely the believer has an unfailing source of joy and consolation in God's salvation!

No one can rejoice in salvation, unless he understands it. There will be a knowledge . . .
of the necessity of salvation, arising from the conviction of one's fallen, guilty, and condemned state before God;
of the accomplishment of salvation, by the atoning death, resurrection, and intercession of Jesus Christ, 1 Timothy 1:15;
that when received, salvation will grant . . .
  pardon to the guilty,
  justification to the condemned,
  liberty to the spiritual captive,
  health to the spiritually sick,
  sight to the spiritually blind, and, in short,
  "all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus!"

No one can ever rejoice in salvation, unless he has felt his need of it. The Spirit has opened the eyes of his understanding, and revealed to him his great guilt--and need of the Savior. He now knows the plague of his own heart. He now feels his utter helplessness--and perceives the adaptation of the Savior to his state as a perishing sinner.

True salvation always produces joy and rejoicing! "I will rejoice in Your salvation."
The sick person rejoices when his disease departs, when the bloom of health again mantles his cheek, etc.
The debtor rejoices when his debts are discharged, etc.
The culprit rejoices when reprieved, when he hears the opening of the doors of his prison-house.
And shall not the penitent and believing sinner rejoice? He is saved! Saved from . . .
  the guilt of sin,
  the condemnation of sin,
  the dominion of sin,
  the power of death,
  the dominion of the grave, and
  the vengeance of everlasting fire!

This joy springs from the realization of divine mercy, through the sin-atoning death of Christ. This rejoicing is over . . .
  an infinite soul,
  redeemed by an infinite price,
  from an infinite damnation--
to infinite joys, realized first here, and then to be realized fully in an infinite Heaven.

What a possession! What a prospect! "I will rejoice in Your salvation!"

1. The believer rejoices in the origin of salvation. It is the result of distinguishing grace--the sovereign goodness and unmerited compassion and favor of God. Man . . .
  did not deserve it,
  had no equitable title to it,
  never solicited it.
God beheld him as an outcast, pitied him, and condescended to save him!

2. The believer rejoices in the procuring of salvation. When he sees his Redeemer in the garden and on the cross, he weeps--but they are tears of joy. There he sees Christ's astonishing love. There he sees Him bearing his sins--and dying in his stead, etc.

3. The believer rejoices in the glorious properties of salvation . . .
  the freeness of it, requiring no qualifications nor conditions,
  the purity of it, unto holiness,
  the power of it, saving him from the guilt, dominion, and pollution of sin,
  the extensiveness of it, investing him with every spiritual blessing,
  the certainty of it, assuring the soul, "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish--ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand." John 10:28

4. The believer rejoices in the prospective consummation of salvation in Heaven. He anticipates with joy . . .
  the full harvest,
  the fruition of hope, and
  the vision of glory in which faith shall be lost.

"You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand!" Psalm 16:11

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: June 06, 2014, 03:28:24 PM »

The new birth!

(William Nicholson, "The Character and Dignity of Christians" 1862)

"You have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God!" 1 Peter 1:23

No one is born a Christian. No one comes into the world with a pure heart.

The new birth is not effected by baptism--yet some have wickedly declared that we are regenerated by baptism, made children of God, and heirs of the kingdom of Heaven. A person may be baptized in infancy, or in riper years--and yet, like Simon Magus, remain "in the gall of bitterness and in the bond of iniquity!" Acts 8:23

The new birth is not merely external, nor does it consist in mere religious duties. Some people have been preserved from immoralities, yet they too must be born again.
A man may perform a multitude of religious duties--and yet have an unholy heart.
He may be honest and fair in his dealings--and yet be an enemy to God.
He may be of a generous to others--and yet not of a gracious disposition.
He may be able to say with the young ruler, "All these things have I kept from my youth up," and yet lack the one thing needful.

The new birth is not merely a profession of faith. Not all who profess Christ, possess Him.

The new birth is a change wrought by the power of the Holy Spirit in the understanding, will, and affections of a sinner, which is the commencement of a new kind of life; and which gives another direction to his judgment, desires, pursuits, and conduct.

This new birth is a divine change. Thus He who gave man his physical being at first, can alone create him in Christ Jesus unto good works. He alone can enstamp His own image, and make us partakers of a Divine nature. To give life to the dead, and to bring a clean thing out of an unclean--is the work of Omnipotence, and the effect of sovereign grace! "Who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God!" John 1:13

This new birth is an inward and invisible change.
The understanding is enlightened,
the judgment is informed,
the affections and desires are purified,
the will is subdued, and subjected to the will of God,
the soul is turned from the love of the world and the creature, to the great Creator and His service.
Regeneration cleanses the corrupt fountain of the heart, and demolishes the strongholds of Satan. It is a change . . .
  from heart wickedness--to heart holiness,
  from enmity to God--to love to God,
  from the image of Satan--to the image of God.

This new birth is a universal change, extending to the heart and life. Not only the mind--but the man is renewed. The tree is made good, and its fruit is good. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

He who is born again, gives evidence that he has passed from death to life. It is visible in his conduct--the observer of him perceives the change. How different now, from what he once was! The following are the principal evidences of regeneration:
(1) Hatred to sin.
(2) Victory over the world.
(3) Brotherly love.
(4) Delight in spiritual duties.
(5) A life of holiness.
(6) Self-loathing, and constant faith in the sacrifice of Christ.
(7) Sincere love to Christ.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: June 06, 2014, 03:29:27 PM »

Right hands and right eyes are dear to us!

(Excerpt from a letter of William Tiptaft)

"If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me!" Matthew 16:24

My dear Brother,
How we find that there are two principles within us continually at war--and how they ever wrestle for mastery! But whatever suits and pleases the flesh, will surely make the soul lean, and bring on spiritual deadness and barrenness.

The more we taste of the pleasures of sin, the more we get blinded and intoxicated by them, and the more anxious to enjoy them in this time-state, whether we go to Heaven or not.

Right hands and right eyes are dear to us, and self-denial is a continual cross!

When we are tried, tempted, and harassed--we want ease and comfort. Yet we daily learn that without ballast, we cannot sail safely on the seas of temptation. We need chastisements, rods, and crosses--to bring us to the throne of grace. We need a daily sense of our vileness and our sins--to constrain us to fly to the only true refuge for poor helpless sinners, who is a Friend in need and a Brother born for adversity.

Yours very affectionately,
William Tiptaft, November 13th, 1839

"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into Hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into Hell." Matthew 5:29-30

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: June 06, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »

Your choicest mercies!

(Letters of John Newton)

My dear friend,
I sympathize with you in all your trials. But if the Lord is pleased to make them subservient to the increase of your sanctification, to wean you more and more from this world, and to draw you nearer to Himself--you will one day see cause to be thankful for them, and to number them among your choicest mercies!

A hundred years hence--it will signify little to you, whether you were sick or well the day I wrote this letter.

I am truly and always, your affectionate friend,
John Newton

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it!" Hebrews 12:11

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: June 11, 2014, 03:30:32 PM »

A holier, happier, sublimer, and more durable world than this!

"And this is what He promised us--even eternal life!" 1 John 2:25

This poor world is full of sin, sorrow, pain, and death. If we had this life only--we would be most miserable. But the Christian has an unfailing hope of a holier, happier, sublimer, and more durable world than this! This hope supports him in every scene of earthly conflict and distress.

As the mariner tossed by the storm and tempest--hopes to gain the desired haven;
as the traveler fatigued by the perils and toils of his journey--hopes to reach his own beloved home;
as the soldier harassed by conflict in the field of battle--hopes to conquer and to wear the victor's crown
--so the Christian pilgrim in the midst of his strenuous labors--hopes that he will . . .
  successfully brave all the storms of life,
  finish his course,
  fight the good fight of faith, and then
  lay hold on eternal life in his Father's house above!

Believers shall enjoy eternal life in Heaven as . . .
  the residence of the ever blessed God,
  His palace of splendor,
  the habitation of His holiness,
  the place where His honor dwells,
  the dwelling-place of angels and perfected spirits.

1. Heaven is a place of inexpressible felicity, as it appears from its names . . .
  the paradise of God,
  a building from God,
  a mansion of God,
  a heavenly city,
  a better country,
  a priceless inheritance,
  an eternal kingdom,
  an unfading crown of glory,
  peace, rest, and joy of the Lord.

2. Heaven will be a life of complete purity. Sin, in this world, is the great source of estrangement from God--it is that which constantly vexes and distresses the soul. But in Heaven sin can never enter to defile, "Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life!" Revelation 21:27.

We shall be faultless, and like God! Jude 24; Ephesians 5:26-27; 1 John 3:2; Psalm 17:15.

3. Heaven will be a life of perfect happiness. There is no perfect happiness in this poor world. Life here is like the fluctuations of the sea, or weather--calms and storms, sunshine and clouds.

Sorrow is frequently the lot of God's people. Some are afflicted under the hand of God--or mourning the loss of relatives or friends--or sunk into deep adversity. Some are weeping over the sins of others--parents over their children, pastors over their flocks, and Christians over the wickedness of the world.

But all the causes of evil will be annihilated in Heaven:
  sin shall distress no more,
  Satan shall tempt no more,
  sickness shall pain no more,
  the tyrant shall oppress no more,
  death shall bereave and destroy no more. "Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd! He will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes!" Revelation 7:16-17

4. Heaven will be a life of the greatest honor.

A. They will be raised to a kingdom! "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom!" Luke 12:32. What can be received, more than a kingdom? It is the highest dignity known on earth. Who can be higher than a king?

B. It will be a life of honor which conquerors obtain. Crowns of victory are in reserve! "Everlasting joy shall be upon their heads!" Here on earth, they wear a crown of thorns--but there they will wear a diadem of glory!

It will be an incorruptible crown, not a fading laurel, etc. 1 Corinthians 9:25. No length of time will terminate the dominion of the saints, or tarnish the luster of their crowns. They shall reign forever and ever!

It is called a crown of righteousness, 2 Timothy 4:7. It was purchased by the righteousness of Christ, and is given, wholly for His sake, to His redeemed people.

It is a crown of life, meaning they shall never die! "The crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him!" James 1:12; Revelation 2:10.

It is a crown of gold, Revelation 4:4, to denote the priceless and lasting honor to which they will be advanced, and the superlative wealth of the kingdom which they will possess.

C. They shall sit upon a throne--the throne of Christ! "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne!" Revelation 3:21--that lofty throne, that expansive throne, in which He will make room for all His faithful soldiers.

5. Heaven will be a a life of rich enjoyment.

A. Heaven is represented as a feast, "Many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast!" Matthew 8:11.

B. Heaven is represented as a marriage supper, "Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!" Revelation 19:9.

C. Heaven is represented as a life of enjoyment in the best society--God Himself, angels, and glorified saints!

D. Heaven is represented as enjoyment of the beatific vision of God, when we shall see Him face to face, and understand the mysteries of creation, providence, and grace. Then the enraptured soul will exclaim, "You have done all things well!"

6. To crown all, Heaven is called eternal life. Most of the Scriptural representations of Heaven are combined with adjectives expressive of endless perpetuity. Hence Heaven is called . . .
  the everlasting kingdom,
  the incorruptible inheritance,
  the exceeding and eternal weight of glory, etc., etc.

If a miser could insure his wealth for eternity, that alone would be Heaven enough for him. But it is his misery when he dies, that he can carry none of his riches away with him. But he who lays up treasure in Heaven need not fear moth or rust, or thief--all is eternally secure!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: June 11, 2014, 03:31:40 PM »

True love to God says

(William Nicholson, "Love to God, and the Divine Approbation" 1862)

"Father, if You are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from Me. Yet I want Your will to be done, not Mine!" Luke 22:42

True love to God . . .
  produces sweet submission to His will,
  does not rebel at His difficult dispensations,
  does not resist the appointments of His wise and holy providence,
  will not permit us to call into question any part of His government,
  will not indulge a doubt respecting the rectitude of His proceedings.

True love to God says, "This trial, this affliction, this bereavement, this piercing cross--has been arranged by my Father in Heaven! He is infinitely wise, and infinitely good--He does all things well--I submit."

Like Job, it says, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave--and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." Job 1:21

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 318 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the