Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:25:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286817 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  owls, frogs.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: owls, frogs.  (Read 3034 times)
keith

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2003, 01:25:13 AM »

Hi,I have a ?  As a fairly new christian,My wife works with a woman that told her that she cleaned her house of thing like owls and frogs.
I dont understand what that is all about,if anyone could shead some light on it for me please do.
Thank you.
                            Keith
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 02:17:19 AM »

Hello Keith,

I don't know what she meant by this, but with regards to frogs, they are meantioned in the Bible only 15 times, the majority of verses are in the book of Exodus, chapter 8;2-14, here God used frogs as one  plague of judgement against Pharaoh ruler of the nation egypt, for not allowing Gods peole Israel to leave egypt.

Psa 78:45 and 105.30, recall the events of Egypt.

And finally, Rev 16:13-14, speaks of spirits of devils, likened or pehaps symbolic of frogs which;  come  out of the mouth of the dragon (Satan), and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

As for Owls, I can not speak at all, about the word since I have not not done a word study.

Perhaps someone else can give insight.

God Bless,

Petro

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 10:53:43 AM »

I have no idea, but I would have guesses she meant spatial cleaning. Then you go from room to room, praying a blessing over your house, and asking God to protect it. But I’ve never heard of “owls and frogs” so I did a wed search, and found a page that explain “These are classified among the creatures mentioned in Deut. 14:7-19 as being unclean and abominable. They are types of demon spirit”

The whole page is here
http://www.lakehamiltonbiblecamp.com/manual/clean1.htm

Why those people use owls and frog out of all the Animal’s mentioned unclean, God only knows, and I’m sure even he wishes he didn’t. Some people… It sounds a little too Spooky Spiritual for me.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 11:58:45 AM »

Tibby, I'd agree with you 100%. And you're right; if the designation doesn't come out of scripture, it starts treading murky waters. A lot of books teach (and Keith, you might want to tell your wife about this) that every Christian has apostolic powers. This refers to the powers given by Christ to His apostles to heal and drive out demons. This isn't the case, for if it were, the apostle Paul would have been able to get rid of his own demonic manifestation, a thorn in his flesh that was a demonic presence sent to torment him. God answered that His grace was sufficient. And this is Paul, who was able to heal others of demonic presence. But the best thing Christians can do to battle with the forces of evil is to pray diligently and fervently, spend a lot of time in the word, pray that the Holy Spirit sends insight, increase their faith and services, and depend on God's grace and providence to remove the problem when the timing is right and the purposes are complete. I know you didn't mention this specifically, but the fact your wife's friend was talking about this apparent demonic cleansing combined with the fact that your wife is a new Christian are two indications that may point to an increase her level of spiritual warfare, and that's why I'm mentioning all this. Walking room to room to pray can't do anything; it's how we battle with faith, prayer and doctrine that really give power to the believer. By trusting in the Lord, we gain the benefit of all He can do, which is infinitely greater than what we can do. You may want to point out Ephesians 6 and Matthew 4 to your wife if she's being attacked by the evil one, as many are when they're new to faith and are still learning how to be equipped. Attacks on new believers are the devil's version of Pearl Harbor. Many blessings to all.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 04:29:02 AM »

I have no idea, but I would have guesses she meant spatial cleaning. Then you go from room to room, praying a blessing over your house, and asking God to protect it. But I’ve never heard of “owls and frogs” so I did a wed search, and found a page that explain “These are classified among the creatures mentioned in Deut. 14:7-19 as being unclean and abominable. They are types of demon spirit”

The whole page is here
http://www.lakehamiltonbiblecamp.com/manual/clean1.htm

Why those people use owls and frog out of all the Animal’s mentioned unclean, God only knows, and I’m sure even he wishes he didn’t. Some people… It sounds a little too Spooky Spiritual for me.
That's a list of things not to eat.  Where do demons come into it?  In any event, we eat many of the thing banned (eg pigs).

Someone seems to have lost the plot entirely.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 11:01:43 PM »

Well, there is a lot of garbage out there on spiritual warfare. A lot of it comes from people who have no seminary education. And some from those who do, but aren't looking at all of scripture. Remember the biblical account of men who drove out demons in the name of Jesus Christ, as so many tell Christians today that we all have the power to do. Even though the men had been successful for a time, one day the demon said, Jesus Christ I know, and Paul I know, but who are you? And commenced to beat the living tar out of the men until they ran out stripped and bleeding.

So you raise a very good question: where do they get this stuff?

keith

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 11:37:51 PM »

Thanks for everybodys replies, I have a lot to think about and study to do. why are there so many different views on the same book.
Thanks so very much
homie

Halal Yahve!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2003, 09:34:11 PM »

WHITEHORSE
Remember the biblical account of men who drove out demons in the name of Jesus Christ, as so many tell Christians today that we all have the power to do. Even though the men had been successful for a time, one day the demon said, Jesus Christ I know, and Paul I know, but who are you? And commenced to beat the living tar out of the men until they ran out stripped and bleeding.

HOMIE
No, I don't remember the account. Could you please point me to it, the scripture reference I mean.
Thanks brother Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the