Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:00:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Lamb
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Lamb  (Read 6173 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2003, 10:27:44 AM »

Hi, bep.  Welcome back.

Nope, it's not a very pretty picture.  I agree with John; it's getting, and going to get, a lot uglier, I'm afraid.

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

I've had monster computer problems, but I've also spent quite a bit of time with a new grandson born on May 29th.

I really don't think we've seen UGLY yet, but I think it is coming. There may come a time when Christians will face death for standing up and claiming Jesus or making a statement about right and wrong. I hope and pray that multitudes of Christians will STAND TALL when and if that time comes in our lifetimes. Some of the most fierce warriors in history were Christians, and I pray there will be masses ready to put on God's armor and go if the time comes.

I might also add that some of the LOUDEST and most DEMANDING public figures in history were Christians. They were not ashamed of HIS WORD or to take a BOLD and HARSH stance on right and wrong.

There are dozens of grossly wrong things that are happening or are in the making that don't appear to be addressed. Oh, there might be some politically correct public figures that hint something is wrong.

Again, this is a very general statement. I would hope and pray that many people on this forum would boldly tell it like it is if given the opportunity.

LET'S START A CHRISTIANS COME OUT OF THE CLOSET MOVEMENT! Wink

In Christ.

Amen Brother

LET'S START A CHRISTIANS COME OUT OF THE CLOSET MOVEMENT! Right On Add your name to this movement:

1. Brother Love
2. John the Baptist
3. Mr. Blackeyedpeas
4. Mrs. Blackeyedpeas Wink

Brother Love Smiley

Alfie

Jesus is Our Bridge Over Troubled Waters

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2003, 02:26:59 PM »

Duh,

Someone please add my name to it; I don't know how to do it. Thank you very much.  Smiley

Lamb of God who takest away the sins of the world have mercy on us; Lamb of God who takest away the sins of the world have mercy on us; Lamb of God who takest away the sins of the world grant us peace. Amen

God Bless the Beasts and the Children  
for they are truly the Innocents, and
         the Sweetest of Spirits.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2003, 02:34:34 PM »

LET'S START A CHRISTIANS COME OUT OF THE CLOSET MOVEMENT! Right On Add your name to this movement:

1. Brother Love Smiley
2. John the Baptist  Smiley
3. Mr. Blackeyedpeas Smiley
4. Mrs. Blackeyedpeas  Smiley
5. Alfie Smiley
6. Ambassador4Christ Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Durango

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2003, 02:40:35 PM »

1. Brother Love
2. John the Baptist  
3. Mr. Blackeyedpeas
4. Mrs. Blackeyedpeas  
5. Alfie
6. Ambassador4Christ
7. Durango

[bold]“God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you"?
-William Arthur Ward[/bold]
Alfie

Jesus is Our Bridge Over Troubled Waters

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2003, 02:58:21 PM »

A public "Thank you" to Ambassdor4Christ for adding my name to the list.

God bless you,

Alfie

God Bless the Beasts and the Children  
for they are truly the Innocents, and
         the Sweetest of Spirits.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2003, 05:10:08 PM »

A public "Thank you" to Ambassdor4Christ for adding my name to the list.

God bless you,

Alfie

Welcome Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2003, 08:43:24 PM »

But...what if we're not in the closet?  Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2003, 01:53:43 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Whitehorse,

I knew this had to happen sooner or later.  Grin

You pry open the closet door, let the light in for those who are hiding in the dark, encourage them, lead a CHARGE out of the closet, and be the first into battle. If any stumble or fall along the way, you help them up.

STANDING TALL FOR JESUS FEELS GOOD!

In Christ.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2003, 04:03:06 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Whitehorse,

I knew this had to happen sooner or later.  Grin

You pry open the closet door, let the light in for those who are hiding in the dark, encourage them, lead a CHARGE out of the closet, and be the first into battle. If any stumble or fall along the way, you help them up.

STANDING TALL FOR JESUS FEELS GOOD!

In Christ.

Amen Brother Amen

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
John the Baptist
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2003, 09:32:22 AM »

Hay Okkie, John here:
so far  there is a lot of 'talk' seen by me? What is next? And remember that most in, or even out of the 'closet'(?) teach only believe, and the Word  Work is a very nasty addition!  Cry
---J/t/B/
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2003, 02:40:11 PM »

Hay Okkie, John here:
so far  there is a lot of 'talk' seen by me? What is next? And remember that most in, or even out of the 'closet'(?) teach only believe, and the Word  Work is a very nasty addition!  Cry
---J/t/B/

One More Time John Boy, Just For You:

First we must understand the basis of our salvation. Is salvation based on what we do?

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

These scriptures, and countless others, make it clear that salvation is not based on what we do for God. In fact, it is just the opposite. Our salvation is based on what God did for us (Rom 5:8; 1 Cor 15:3,4; 2 Cor 5:21).

Since we can't do anything to be saved, how can we be expected to do anything to stay saved? The scriptures teach that we are secure in Christ and that nothing, not even our own unbelief, can separate us from the love of God once we have trusted in Christ's sacrifice for our sin. (Rom 8:33-39; Phil 1:6; 2 Tim 2:11-13)

Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

John the Baptist
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2003, 08:51:18 PM »

Hay Okkie, John here:
---J/t/B/

One More Time John Boy, Just For You:

John here: Hi again Oak, Smiley!!

It seem's that to come out in the open (you know, this closet thing) is to get hammered by these 'only' believe guys? My Master said, "IF YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS". And Wow! these saved 'birds' really love huh? See Rev. 3:16-17 Christ says sickening! Cry

The next thing we will be hearing is, perhaps the Matt. 10:25's inspiration, and then comes the 'only believe' by forced Caesar stuff?? Forced 'faith', boy that would be comming out of the closet, huh? A FORCED WORKING FAITH OF ONLY BELIEVE! I wonder if God thought of that one? (yes, i know, that is Prophecy!)

Real freedom & liberty? Sure is beginning to sound like [some] of  us 'out of the closet' ones, are in some [private] work/less club!

And now this one wants me to convert to this kind of 'stuffings'! Hog/Wash, you know, the 2 Peter 2:19-22 kind of 'bondage' Vomit! Not the Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9 kind of real working & 'Believing Faith! Cry Cry

First we must understand the basis of our salvation. Is salvation based on what we do?

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for
righteousness.

John again Oak:
Seems that Paul just could not get the COMMANDMENT of CHRIST right in Acts 9:6, where Christ told him personally what "HE MUST DO".

And then Paul must have 'blew it good' in Rom. 2:13 too, huh?? "(For not the hearers of the law are JUST BEFORE GOD, BUT THE [DOERS] OF THE LAW [SHALL BE JUSTIFIED. ..)"

"Do we make VOID THE LAW THROUGH FAITH? **GOD FORBID: YEA, [WE] (some) ESTABLISH THE LAW".

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

These scriptures, and countless others, make it clear that salvation is not based on what we do for God. In fact, it is just the opposite. Our salvation is based on what God did for us (Rom 5:8; 1 Cor 15:3,4; 2 Cor 5:21).

John here again Oak.
Just a thought about this 'out of the closet' type?? In 2 Cor. 4:2 we find that we are to be honest! Wow, that is something like the law too!  A kind of 'work' perhaps?

Any way, 'i' will offer a nice offering to the forum here for some of its exspences if [anyone] [anywhere] has EVER seen me print, say, teach, or [EVEN HINT] that works of any kind save a lost soul!! (any soul!) IT JUST DOES NOT EXIST!!!

Now, if this is the kind of 'out of the closet' ones that we are to deal with, i question as to how they are any better than Rome? Even they teach that one must believe?

Los Angeles Times, 2/5/93
Pope Paul 11 sought common ground with believers in voodoo Thursday, suggesting they would not betray their traditional faith by converting to Christianity."

Since we can't do anything to be saved, how can we be expected to do anything to stay saved? The scriptures teach that we are secure in Christ and that nothing, not even our own unbelief, can separate us from the love of God once we have trusted in Christ's sacrifice for our sin. (Rom 8:33-39; Phil 1:6; 2 Tim 2:11-13)

John here again: Oak just scratch me from the outside of this guys 'closet ones, ok? I KNOW that i will stick with the LOVING kind of 'BELIEVING' in my MASTER.
---John

PS: Yes Lord, this guy's kind of love sickens me also! Rev. 3:17. James 2:20 & verses 22, 24, 26, *17! Cry Cry

Grin
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2003, 08:37:13 PM »

Hay Okkie, John here:
---J/t/B/

Oklahoma Howdy to John the Baptist,

Good works are the sign of a grateful heart. What I am suggesting is that all Christians stand up, speak up, claim Jesus, take a stand on right and wrong, and stop doing nothing in the dark in total silence. Most would call this working for Jesus. I certainly realize that good works are not required for Salvation, but I am suggesting that we all need to do some work if we wish to preserve what's left of Christian America.

I chose to use the phrase "Come out of the closet" on purpose, as an illustration. Is it possible that gay folks might one day have more rights in America than Christian folks? Look at what's happening as we speak and answer that question for yourself.

You've seen my web site, and you know that I'm not a shy person regarding a stance for Jesus. However, I've already told everyone here that I didn't take some opportunities I was given to stand up and speak up. I would like to properly use every opportunity I am given. If every Christian used just half of the opportunities they are given, it is guaranteed that we would make a difference with God's help. Coming out of the closet, speaking up, and standing up is WORK.

In Christ.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2003, 08:59:08 PM »

I guess that I should have read your last post before replying to your first one. It is confusing, and I really don't know what you are trying to say. WOW!, I could just tell you the "list thing" is symbolic and a discussion among friends about taking a stand for Jesus.

John, lighten up some, we'll call our stable of lawyers and see if we can get your name taken off the list.  Wink

In Christ.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2003, 04:38:07 AM »

Hay Okkie, John here:
---J/t/B/

Good works are the sign of a grateful heart. What I am suggesting is that all Christians stand up, speak up, claim Jesus, take a stand on right and wrong, and stop doing nothing in the dark in total silence. Most would call this working for Jesus. I certainly realize that good works are not required for Salvation, but I am suggesting that we all need to do some work if we wish to preserve what's left of Christian America.

I chose to use the phrase "Come out of the closet" on purpose, as an illustration. Is it possible that gay folks might one day have more rights in America than Christian folks? Look at what's happening as we speak and answer that question for yourself.

You've seen my web site, and you know that I'm not a shy person regarding a stance for Jesus. However, I've already told everyone here that I didn't take some opportunities I was given to stand up and speak up. I would like to properly use every opportunity I am given. If every Christian used just half of the opportunities they are given, it is guaranteed that we would make a difference with God's help. Coming out of the closet, speaking up, and standing up is WORK.

In Christ.

Right On

Amen

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the