Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:15:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What do you think?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 4317 times)
Reba
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2004, 06:28:38 PM »

I was just noting this earlier, under "Homosexual marriages; Prophecy...":

onestarfisher

Re:Homosexual marriages
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2004, 11:13:33 PM »    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanted your opinion on something (the Christians only, please!) I posted the following message the other day under Debate, but I think I should have put it here. I want to know what you think? (about what I did below) Is it right? Is it wrong? We're supposed to declare the truth, but how do you do that without "condemning?" And what is the difference between preacing righteousness, as they say Noah did, and exhorting against the evils of the day - and condemnation? I posted the suggestion below in another discussion board, and the homosexuals who wanted to cling to their sin jumped all over me....they clearly want to justify homosexuality, and they kept the few Christians in there busy.....what do you think?

"This is my first post. I have a suggestion. Especially now that the issue has really heated up in Massachusetts. I live in Arizona and this is what I have been doing the last few days….I took a white or light colored T shirt, old or new doesn’t matter, and some permanent makers. You can even buy markers for fabric at Walmart but any permanent will do. Put wax paper inside the shirt while you write.

On the front of the shirt, I printed in giant letters HOMOSEXUALITY  IS  A  SIN  Underneath that I put, Choose Life, Repent, Change and God Loves You in various places.
On the back of the shirt I wrote GAY ‘MARRIAGE’ WILL NEVER BE LEGAL IN GOD’S EYES  -  NEVER  EVER        WAKE  UP
I varied the sizes of the lettering for effect and  colored in some of the letters in the colors of the rainbow and drew a couple of those on there as well.

Then I wore my shirt to some busy places. and into busy stores (without a coat over it!) From people’s response so far, I would say it is a success. Jaws drop. Or people whisper – or ignore. I mean, isn’t it time we spoke up? I’m ready to discuss it with them, though, because I’m no better than they are. We are all sinners who need a savior.

I want to encourage you to go BE  SALT and light in the world. Don’t stay silent. Tell other people, especially people in Massachusetts. Post your successes stories…..

I want to encourage others to try this. There's really nothing store owners or anyone can do because it isn't a placard - it's a t shirt.
And, your topic could be anything, not necessarily this one."

I'm still rethinking it. I thought I would get into more conversations with people, but most people were shocked speechless and most averted their eyes. I saw mouths drop to knees. I don't know that I looked loving, although I was trying to. I have to admit, marching into the Starbucks in the heart of a town run by a gay mayor during the morning rush and only a couple of blocks from City Hall was exhilarating.

Also walked down the street facing traffic, because you can read the printing at least 20 to 40 feet away. After that, it was to the public library. Walked right past 2 cops inside, who never would have let me in with a sign that size. Then off to a busy restaurant where you have to walk around to get to the buffet. The a store with several homosexual employees - they were taking turns walking by to look at the front and back of the shirt. One of the guys asked me about it and I did get a chance to witness a little to him and give him a tract.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 11:25:52 PM by onestarfisher »

What do you think?

Think maybe getting back on topic is a good idea?   Smiley
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2004, 06:48:59 PM »

Mhm! Agreed!  Smiley

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2004, 11:45:32 PM »

Thank you, reba... Smiley
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2004, 04:51:36 AM »

Pale; I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.....

Back to topic (with my apologies for the derailment):

I think these have valid points:

Many "christians' today  withdraw because they are cowards They refuse to stand timmid of mind and spirit. I say hats off to you and the others who no matter how samll or large are willing to stand.
Using any of the benefits of some one else’s political involvement, while saying “ I cant get involved is hypocritical.

Not to be argumentative, BUT, it is not the wrong grounds to fight on at all. If civil gay marriages have become accepted and acceptable, what will come next? Will they sets their sights on being married in church because they feel they are christian? (that's already happening) Will the law then be formed that churches MUST do so or lose their charters?

Its a sad day when good men do nothing. I  remember the early days of the Woe v Wade. The lies that were told how abortion would only be use sparingly lielielie. The same here with sinfull so called marriage.

Christians setting back waiting for rapture has not been good for the future generations.

As for offending people, God's number one priority isn't their emotional comfort. Look at all the references to hell in scripture. God doesn't avoid unpleasant truths to avoid alarming us-He tells us the truth, and we do likewise. If someone hardens their heart against our message, it was never in our hands in the beginning. It's the Holy Spirit who does the work. We try to be effective, but the first rule in effectiveness is getting the truth out there in the first place.

Reba
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2004, 09:17:10 AM »

As for offending people, God's number one priority isn't their emotional comfort. Look at all the references to hell in scripture. God doesn't avoid unpleasant truths to avoid alarming us-He tells us the truth, and we do likewise. If someone hardens their heart against our message, it was never in our hands in the beginning. It's the Holy Spirit who does the work. We try to be effective, but the first rule in effectiveness is getting the truth out there in the first place.

Matt 10:32-36

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
KJV

I hope i am Christian enough to offend someone.
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2004, 10:03:56 AM »

"On the front of the shirt, I printed in giant letters HOMOSEXUALITY  IS  A  SIN  Underneath that I put, Choose Life, Repent, Change and God Loves You in various places.
On the back of the shirt I wrote GAY ‘MARRIAGE’ WILL NEVER BE LEGAL IN GOD’S EYES  -  NEVER  EVER        WAKE  UP"

CHEERS!

There was not a single offensive thing to be found in onestarfisher`s story. No "ungodly" act was conveyed with the shirts message, which by the way is TRUTH. Anyone suggesting there is something offensive here is trying to stuff  God into thier little box of of personal beliefs.

I have to wonder what some might have said to this little event that didnt even involve  a shirt?:

Isa 20:2  At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking naked and barefoot.
Isa 20:3  And the LORD said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years [for] a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia;

I wish I had a great big jaw dropping face to put there, to portray what some christians faces would look like!

If God tells me to write something on a shirt, you can be sure I wont be seeking the approval of saints or sinners for having done it.

Some sow the seed, some prefer to stand back and tell them how to sow, who pray tell are WE with all our prim and proper notions of what is acceptable to GOD, to say we dont approve?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 10:08:59 AM by Shylynne » Logged

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2004, 09:52:30 PM »

If God tells me to write something on a shirt, you can be sure I wont be seeking the approval of saints or sinners for having done it.

Some sow the seed, some prefer to stand back and tell them how to sow, who pray tell are WE with all our prim and proper notions of what is acceptable to GOD, to say we dont approve?

A loud and hearty amen to that. Everyone thought Noah was insane.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the