Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:46:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What do you think?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 4318 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2004, 01:14:21 PM »

Denying God and not participating in worldly politics are two entirely different things.

We are not part of the world, but are citizens of heaven. We obey the earthly authorities - but our King is God.

I just don't see the justification for political activities in the New Testament. Not the campaigning against this law and that law - the Apostles never tried to change the secular laws, and neither did Jesus. They could have tried - they had influential people among the earliest Christians, Caesar's household for one. Yet they did not.

Thats really my point

What if you do it, tho--that is, like what onestar, in the original post here, is doing--for another reason than to "be involved policially"??

Like, isn't the whole point of pointing out wrongness, for instance, done so in order to avert the onlooker from coming damnation, judgement, hell?

onestar isn't doing it to be political?  

"And convince some, who doubt; save some, by snatching them out of the fire; on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment spotted by the flesh."  Jude 23

Isn't what onestar is demonstrating a labor of love??

Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2004, 02:20:44 PM »

It is the wrong ground to fight on.

Civil gay marriages are completely irrelvant to us. If we protest them, the only message we send out is that we are interested in bringing about a theocracy or dictatorship along Christian lines. That makes even those who might be friendly to Christianity shy away. Choosing to fight on a strictly political/state issue is the wrong thing to do, in my opinion.

It may be done with the best of motives, or it may be done with the worst: but it is still counterproductive and not mandated by the Bible.

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
Reba
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2004, 02:50:03 PM »

Symp,

Many "christians' today  withdraw because they are cowards They refuse to stand timmid of mind and spirit. I say hats off to you and the others who no matter how samll or large are willing to stand.
Using any of the benefits of some one else’s political involvement, while saying “ I cant get involved is hypocritical.
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2004, 03:22:13 PM »

Using any of the benefits of some one else’s political involvement, while saying “ I cant get involved is hypocritical.

On the contrary, I was extremely politically active for a time myself. I have connections you could only dream of, baby. I chose to withdraw from the political arena because it is incompatible with faith.

It is so easy to get involved in politics. It is the lazy man's way out. You never get your hands dirty. You may do nothing for the Kingdom either but, hey, you get to feel self-righteous so that does not matter. lol. Check your scriptures, what does God command us do?

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2004, 04:55:03 PM »

Civil gay marriages are completely irrelvant to us.

Not to be argumentative, BUT, it is not the wrong grounds to fight on at all. If civil gay marriages have become accepted and acceptable, what will come next? Will they sets their sights on being married in church because they feel they are christian? (that's already happening) Will the law then be formed that churches MUST do so or lose their charters?

One of the bills in Canadian parliament brings into question whether or not the bible will become labelled "hate literature" because it speaks about homosexuality being an abomination unto God. So far, they have assured us that won't happen, but are you going to believe a government who, so far have not kept one single promise?

What grounds, then, should we fight on? At this point, it doesn't seem political at all to me....it's about what's right and what's not (for me)

Sorry, shouldn't have gone off the deep end like that. Somedays, my tongue runs away with my head.

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2004, 04:58:10 PM »

Choosing to fight on a strictly political/state issue is the wrong thing to do, in my opinion.

Strictly political.state issue?   Huh Roll Eyes

Hmmmm.  Homosexuality?

Yikes.  It's definitely a moral issue.

Or, more accurately, a life/death issue.

Yes, I understand where the gay community is coming from--and society generally, actually.

There "is no sin".  

So it's perfectly understandable that homo'y, too, would not be a sin.

So it's not a life and death issue.

Undecided
Reba
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2004, 05:07:02 PM »

Agree Gracey,  

Its a sad day when good men do nothing. I  remember the early days of the Woe v Wade. The lies that were told how abortion would only be use sparingly lielielie. The same here with sinfull so called marriage.

Christians setting back waiting for rapture has not been good for the future generations.

PaleRider

Bound By Conviction

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2004, 05:26:17 PM »

Agree Gracey,  

Its a sad day when good men do nothing.

What would you suggest *Good Men* do there Reba..??

Smiley Pale

"Do You Feel The Fire"
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2004, 05:30:50 PM »

Civil gay marriages are completely irrelvant to us. If we protest them, the only message we send out is that we are interested in bringing about a theocracy or dictatorship along Christian lines. That makes even those who might be friendly to Christianity shy away. Choosing to fight on a strictly political/state issue is the wrong thing to do, in my opinion.

It may be done with the best of motives, or it may be done with the worst: but it is still counterproductive and not mandated by the Bible.

I'm wondering where in scripture you're getting this from. Regarding the theocracy, I'm not understanding how you're making the connection between fulfilling The Great Commission and re-establishing a theocracy. How is that removing human, God-appointed leaders from their positions? *shrug* That isn't happening. If you look at Kings and Chronicles, God is assessing each leader, that is, king, according to whether or not he fulfilled His will, or whether he led the nation inot sin and judgment. But if you're thinking that's specific to Israel, there are numerous references to God judging other nations that were not His chosen. Moab, Egypt...it's all in there.

Moreover, we cannot sit by and allow sin to be legalized. If God's Holy Spirit is in us, that Spirit is exactly that-Holy. We become enraged at things that enrage God, and a deep love for what He loves. So we fight sin tooth and nail.

As for offending people, God's number one priority isn't their emotional comfort. Look at all the references to hell in scripture. God doesn't avoid unpleasant truths to avoid alarming us-He tells us the truth, and we do likewise. If someone hardens their heart against our message, it was never in our hands in the beginning. It's the Holy Spirit who does the work. We try to be effective, but the first rule in effectiveness is getting the truth out there in the first place.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 05:49:02 PM by Whitehorse » Logged

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2004, 05:51:32 PM »

Yay, Whitehorse!!   What do you think now, Broken?  Hmmmm?    Cool

Reba:  Woe v Wade.    Lips Sealed

Ugh--PaleRider!!--

Agree Gracey,  

Its a sad day when good men do nothing.

What would you suggest *Good Men* do there Reba..??

Smiley Pale

...Oh, PaleRider, I can't Believe You Said That!!??   Huh

What about what like onestarfisher, is talkinhg  about here...??

Huh
PaleRider

Bound By Conviction

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2004, 05:55:48 PM »

...Oh, PaleRider, I can't Believe You Said That!!??   Huh

What about what like onestarfisher, is talkinhg  about here...??

Then I'll ask again Symphony...What would you suggest *Good Men* do about this situation..?? Smiley Pale

"Do You Feel The Fire"
Reba
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2004, 06:15:41 PM »

Amen Whitehorse!

Pale,

What would i have men to do?

Prayerfully

Speak up against injustice
   go to courtrooms and stand for the innocent
   raise a clammor when bad guys get offlight
          thinking of the  girl in FLA
   Ya think it might make some changes if the judge saw his courtroom filled with MEN the judge knows dont want the pedifle turned loose... and saw them there again and again...

run for offices
    local school boards
    Town councels
    even union officials

stop hiding
    behind 'teddy bear' love
    behind women

Pastors willing to speak out against evil from the pulpit.
       adultry
       abortion
       abuse
       fornacation

I am sickened to know the DTS and Woe v Wade came from the same town.

Some small ideas  Pale  but i believe in being active in the place God has placed us.

PaleRider

Bound By Conviction

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2004, 06:24:06 PM »

Pale,

stop hiding
    behind 'teddy bear' love
    behind women

Some small ideas  Pale  but i believe in being active in the place God has placed us.

I'll agree with the most of your statement....Pastoral involvement, Christians in public office..Standing up for the righteous conviction.

I don't quite understand the *Teddy Bear*, or behind women..Issue..Smiley ......?? Pale

"Do You Feel The Fire"
Reba
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2004, 07:27:36 PM »

I'll agree with the most of your statement....Pastoral involvement, Christians in public office..Standing up for the righteous conviction.

I don't quite understand the *Teddy Bear*, or behind women..Issue..Smiley ......?? Pale

Terrybear love...
 Teddybear love is always soft cuddly what we would call huggable.  God has told us He is a jealous God He gets angry.  A teddybear god would not have sent the five to sodom. Yet God is love...and always Godly

Males will hid behind women saying things like ' its not my place to  speak out on abortion i am male.    a differerent story...  my wife wont let me....
PaleRider

Bound By Conviction

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2004, 07:48:30 PM »

Terrybear love...
 Teddybear love is always soft cuddly what we would call huggable.  God has told us He is a jealous God He gets angry.  A teddybear god would not have sent the five to sodom. Yet God is love...and always Godly

Males will hid behind women saying things like ' its not my place to  speak out on abortion i am male.    a differerent story...  my wife wont let me....

OK...I understand you're meaning now.. Smiley

Personally,I offer my wife continuous *Teddy Bear* love..LOL!!

I guess your right,*Some Males* will hide behind all manner of obstruction....Female, Employment, Addictions....Etc,Etc..

Thanks for the clarification Reba Wink Pale
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 07:49:40 PM by PaleRider » Logged

"Do You Feel The Fire"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the