Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:23:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Length of Hair!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Length of Hair!  (Read 4672 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2004, 09:57:49 AM »

Hair now!  Hair now!

( Grin)

OIn the verse about long hair, Paul takes his reasoning directly back to creation. That means it is universal.

Wink
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2004, 01:36:54 PM »

The hair thing could become a stumbling block for one weak in the faith, so perhaps it is not too distracting from important issues. The stronger ones are told to help the weaker ones in the faith. This seems to maybe fall under, "love one another", and in that respect could be a topic of great value.
Amen! I hope I read your point correctly...if not, I've twisted it into my own opinion: As people set apart but still on this earth, we have many freedoms in Christ, but we should never abuse these freedoms by offending those weaker than us.
The world tells us that folks who wear black all the time, who wear their hair very long (men) or super short (ladies), whose clothing is much too tight or short, who have multiple tattoes, etc. are rebellious and (in the very extreme!) satan-worshippers.
While I, as a free Christian, see nothing wrong with the color black (God made it, I'll enjoy it!), someone who is not saved will have a different mindset. They will see me in "worldly" or "evil" clothing (touch not even the garment stained by sin!). They will see that I do not care enough about my faith to dress like it, and my witness to them will be diluted. So when I wear black, it isn't the color of my entire outift, and I don't wear it everyday.

In all I do I am to glorify God; and though I am free, I should not compromise the image of Christ in me. All things are permissable; but not all things are profitable. A freedom is no longer a freedom when it is used to make someone stumble; its a curse.
"Amen! I hope I read your point correctly..."[/]

Yes, Having read your post; it agrees.

"if not, I've twisted it into my own opinion:"

Not twisted.
Sometimes the hypocrites in the church view everything you mention as evil also and are the first to put people down. But then of course not everyone that says Lord, Lord is saved either.

The one requirement for clothing of the physical body in Christ is modesty as far as I can discern from reading the Bible. Our inner man should be clothed in modesty and it will follow to the outerman. If truly in Christ and a faithful believer this modesty will be inside us.
If so there can never be any doubt that our physical outerwear will not be in conjunction with this. That should be true of hair also.

Therefore is short hair on a woman immodest or long hair on a man immodest according to God?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 01:48:37 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2004, 01:45:08 AM »

The thing is, none of God's word cancels out any other part of God's word. So, there we still have that verse. What are we going to do with it?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the