Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 07:09:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Length of Hair!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Length of Hair!  (Read 4676 times)
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2004, 06:42:22 PM »

We are living in the end times

Looks like someone's been reading too much of the Left Behind books...

No, just reading enough of the Bible to recognize the signs.

Like I said, of all the things to be worried about, THIS is a topic?
The hair thing could become a stumbling block for one weak in the faith, so perhaps it is not too distracting from important issues. The stronger ones are told to help the weaker ones in the faith. This seems to maybe fall under, "love one another", and in that respect could be a topic of great value.

Support your local Christian.
Reba
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2004, 10:13:14 PM »

What of transplants?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2004, 01:04:20 AM »

Well, the Bible does say women should have their hair long. It just...does. *shrug*

Brandie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2004, 12:13:41 PM »

Well, the Bible does say women should have their hair long. It just...does. *shrug*

What scripture says that?  Not trying to be argumentative, I've just never read the scripture that says women should have long hair and if it's there, I'd like to see it.  Thanks  Grin
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2004, 12:29:14 PM »

1 Corinthians 11:14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2004, 02:46:42 PM »

1 Corinthians 11:14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.
"Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him"

Question?

How does the very nature of things teach that if a man has long hair it is a disgrace to him?  When by the nature of hair, instituted by God, man's hair grows and if not cut gets long?

I'm putting forth one of my nine cat lives and being curious again.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 02:50:52 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2004, 03:12:55 PM »

Maybe I'm way off base here and if so, just tell me...

We are living in the end times, the last years to win souls for the Kingdom, and THIS is what we're worried about, how long or short or what color our hair is?

Sorry, I just don't see the relevance.  The Bible says that a woman's hair should be her crowning glory, that means neat and clean folks, not long or short or purple or pink.

Amen!!  We can get so tied up in issues folks, that we miss not only the mission Christ has called us to, but the very God we are blessed to know.  I'm bald.  By choice!   Grin  My wife has short hair, and she's one of the godliest women I know.  I know alot of short haired men, and long haired women who have alot of knowledge of issues and where they come down on them, but little of the grace of God.  I know alot of short haired women and long haired men with a love, and a knowledge of God that puts me to shame.  No condemnation for this post guys, really, but think about it.  Is God bigger than hair?  Even 80's hair?   Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2004, 03:14:43 PM »

The hair thing could become a stumbling block for one weak in the faith, so perhaps it is not too distracting from important issues. The stronger ones are told to help the weaker ones in the faith. This seems to maybe fall under, "love one another", and in that respect could be a topic of great value.
Amen! I hope I read your point correctly...if not, I've twisted it into my own opinion: As people set apart but still on this earth, we have many freedoms in Christ, but we should never abuse these freedoms by offending those weaker than us.
The world tells us that folks who wear black all the time, who wear their hair very long (men) or super short (ladies), whose clothing is much too tight or short, who have multiple tattoes, etc. are rebellious and (in the very extreme!) satan-worshippers.
While I, as a free Christian, see nothing wrong with the color black (God made it, I'll enjoy it!), someone who is not saved will have a different mindset. They will see me in "worldly" or "evil" clothing (touch not even the garment stained by sin!). They will see that I do not care enough about my faith to dress like it, and my witness to them will be diluted. So when I wear black, it isn't the color of my entire outift, and I don't wear it everyday.

In all I do I am to glorify God; and though I am free, I should not compromise the image of Christ in me. All things are permissable; but not all things are profitable. A freedom is no longer a freedom when it is used to make someone stumble; its a curse.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2004, 04:41:57 PM »

Pertaining to the 1 Corinthians passage, I question whether Paul was writing strictly to the Corinthian people referring to some custom of theirs, or if he was addressing every believer.
CleansedSpirit

For He has cleansed me, and made me whole!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2004, 10:16:02 PM »

I wear my own hair long because I feel more feminine.
I think it ought to be a personal spiritual decision.
But a woman really shouldn't walk around looking so much like a man that people think she's a man, in my opinion.  Smiley

Psalm 51:1 "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions."

Wot,Wot, it's me, Hon Rosie, with a differant name.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2004, 05:13:49 PM »

OIn the verse about long hair, Paul takes his reasoning directly back to creation. That means it is universal.

Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2004, 08:35:50 PM »

For me, the choosing of short hair was not a personal spiritual decision - I personally preferred my long hair. But arthritic hands required it; they just wouldn't put the hairbrush through it. I wonder what God would say? I certainly don't feel as though it were wrong, just necessary.

†† Guided by God ††
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2004, 03:08:32 PM »

I wonder what God would say?

1 Samuel 16:7  The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

I'd take a guess that He is more worried about your heart condition than your hair condition.... Wink

Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2004, 03:32:06 PM »

1 Samuel 16:7  The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

This is exactly so. I wasn't really expecting an answer, because it was apparent to me. What I forgot that not everybody would know the answer; especially someone not yet a Christian, or a newborn.

Thanks for reminding me that questions that don't seem to need answers to us, sometimes really do.

Grin     Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2004, 03:35:01 PM »

LOL! Sorry for answering a rhetorical question!  Lips Sealed
I really thought you might have been worried!  Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the