Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:52:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christian Love In Our Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christian Love In Our Posts  (Read 5270 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2004, 10:23:55 AM »

Brother, I think that a self-critical look at ourselves must be the beginning of Christian Love. I think that we can all see a little bit of ourselves in the description above, and I give thanks that you gave us more to think about. I would like to tell you that I've learned much from your posts, and I've not seen you in the mode your described. I've seen myself in that mode.

Are we lookin' at the same believer Brother?   Grin  Seriously, if it's not seen...it's by the grace of God.  I wrote that speaking of myself.  But I am glad that others see the same in themselves.   Smiley

I will tell you that I love coming to Christians Unite to learn more about God's Word and enjoy Christian fellowship with sweet Christians like you and many others here. Some rarely lose their cool and nearly always have something positive to say that either points the lost to Christ or builds up the saved in Christ. Thank you Brother, you are one of those sweet Christians.

Thanks Tom.   Smiley  I hope I remember this the next time I'm tempted to speak the truth in blinding anger rather than in love.  

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2004, 01:17:21 AM »

THis is such a wonderful idea for a thread. Thanks, Tom! Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2004, 07:20:47 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Whitehorse,

You are most welcome. This subject is something I have been thinking about and praying about for weeks. I was not surprised at all to find large numbers of Scriptures that deal with Christian conduct and how we interact with others. I want to improve in these areas and be a better witness for Christ.

I have other posts planned, but it's taking more time than I thought it would. Maybe I'm just getting slower.   Cheesy

In Christ,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2004, 09:37:13 AM »

... I want to improve in these areas and be a better witness for Christ.

This sparked another great truth Tom.  How bout this factor?

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 13:35

Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2004, 08:02:52 PM »

There are many wonderful posts here (haven't had time to read 'em all!)

I try to make a practice of praying for peace and wisdom before I enter the forum. If I am spiritually "watchful" to do nothing out of personal pride, and to restrain anything unnecessarily "disagreeable", I am far less likely to offend someone with my words. Also, it helps to envision other members as living, loving Christians, as I know most of them are; corrupted by flesh just like me, but members of the same body, and the same family. It is hard sometimes to talk to a dead screen, and much of the frustration is overcome by the realization that "people" are on the other end of the glass, people who can be hurt and angered and encouraged and strengthened.

"Live and Let Live"  Grin

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2004, 11:33:54 PM »

Well said willowbirch.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2004, 11:36:46 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Whitehorse,

You are most welcome. This subject is something I have been thinking about and praying about for weeks. I was not surprised at all to find large numbers of Scriptures that deal with Christian conduct and how we interact with others. I want to improve in these areas and be a better witness for Christ.

I have other posts planned, but it's taking more time than I thought it would. Maybe I'm just getting slower.   Cheesy

In Christ,
Tom

Me too! I'm working on it as well. I'm looking forward to your posts. Smiley

Lance

from Burnley, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2004, 11:50:17 PM »

Well you guys have taught me why we have denominations.  It is so that we can worship without being in constant strife.  Unfortunately even there people sneak in crabwise and try to change things.  In this world the strongest will survive and impose their will on others but in the next life it will be the weak that will be heard.

God bless

Ps 6:2 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.

1Th 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

AV Scriptures [if quoted] are courtesy of SwordSearcher. Click here for details.
solo10000

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2004, 02:32:41 AM »

Forgive me if I am wrong but there should be no differences. Love does no wrong to its neighbor as the scripture states. Simply stated, do not do to others that you yourself would not want done to you. To do this you must, ask first yourself this question. Am what I am about to do to another is what I would want to be done to me. If not, then you have your answer. All we have is conscience and guidance by the Holy Spirit of God our teacher. If your conscience says no, after careful examination and patience and pray, then your answer is obvious. do not injure your brother or sister if you think for one moment that they would be harmed by your opinon or answer. Love is patient, Love is kind, be gentle to those who perhaps are younger then you in the faith of our Lord. Be still, be quiet, and rest in the fact that the Lord is the Father of us all and is able to cause the growth according to his time frame not ours. There is to much meddeling in the affairs of our Father. He and He, alone knows the heart, please do not ever forget this. It is the one thing which causes us all to become patient in our dealing with the rest of our family in Christ. Be quick to hear, slow to speak. Cry with those who are hurting and sincerely want to learn the truth about love. Be patient with those who are less instructed then you are, for that is the way to those who are of a understanding nature, and who are truly growing in the ways of Love. Do not ever think yourself above another, for even in your revelation and wisdom, and in your understanding of scripture, please remember that the ways of the Lord, and the Heart of the Lord are one of Mercy and Compassion for those who do not yet know, the ways into the kingdom of God. For Truth is not that which is necessaryily true, but rather truth is a person, the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, who said I am the way, the truth, and the life. Truth is the Lord Jesus and He is able to make all of His truth come to those who ears are open. In His time it will occur. So do not be concerned the Lord knows those who are His.
Lance

from Burnley, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2004, 06:01:24 AM »

Very good solo 10000.  Very good theory.  Unfortunately practice is somewhat different.  Churches in general accept anybody who will walk through their doors and I have no problem with that.  What I do have a problem with is their willingness to "promote" anybody who shows the slightest zeal.  There is no examination of their beliefs or way of life.  Sometimes the person might be living in open sin and nothing is said because that would be "unfriendly and hurtful" and the person who said it would be branded as being, at best , unhelpful and at worst, downright uncharitable.  These unsaved "whirlwinds" wreak havoc in a church.  They think more about improving the building or mowing the churchyard grass than improving their relationship with God.

That is reality solo 10000 and for a saved person to follow them is tantamount to abandoning God.

God bless

AV Scriptures [if quoted] are courtesy of SwordSearcher. Click here for details.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2004, 07:41:13 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Solo1000,

First, I don't think that I've had an opportunity to welcome you to Christians Unite. I sincerely hope you enjoy it here.

Second, I enjoyed your post. Your post agrees with the study I'm doing right now. I find all of the Biblical teaching to be greatly superior to any of man's teaching, and the requirements much greater than any man can achieve. Your post was very timely. Read my next post and you'll see what I mean.

In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2004, 07:50:30 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Jesus Christ took the form of a meek and lowly man, yet HE was the Lord of Hosts. Many saw HIS goodness and received HIS mercy. He taught others to show goodness and mercy, and HIS Word continues to teach HIS children to show goodness and mercy to others. We are not worthy of HIS goodness and mercy, nor of HIS compassion and love. We are to be like Jesus and treat others the way Jesus treats us. It is a reasonable service to give to others when we have received so much.

Matthew 5:5  Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Matthew 5:7  Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Matthew 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Matthew 23:23  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Luke 10:37  And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
Romans 2:4  Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Romans 9:15  For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Romans 9:23  And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Romans 11:31  Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
Romans 11:32  For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Romans 12:8  Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
2 Corinthians 4:1  Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
Galatians 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Ephesians 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Ephesians 5:9  (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
1 Timothy 1:16  Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
Titus 3:5  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
James 3:17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
1 Peter 3:4  But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

As a result, the old "golden rule" isn't good enough. The standard is how Jesus treats us. I am positive there are fruits in the Spirit when we really try. This is part of the joy and peace available to a Christian trying to be a vessel filled with HIS compassion, love, mercy, and goodness.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2004, 08:13:27 PM »

... I want to improve in these areas and be a better witness for Christ.

This sparked another great truth Tom.  How bout this factor?

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 13:35

Smiley

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

You made several excellent points, again they are things that I've been thinking about and praying about. Should a Christian be obviously different than a lost person?  YES  If a child of God has yielded to Christ, should others see a difference in disposition, actions, compassion, love, care, etc.?  YES  Is there something a lost person should see in a Christian that might cause them to want whatever it is that the Christian has?  YES  A Christian yielded to Christ will have a peace, joy, happiness, outlook, and life that is vastly different than a lost person. The "yoke is easy", not bondage. A yielded Christian should be one of the happiest people on earth.

This study also leads to testimony in everything that a child of God does and says. Obviously, this testimony should be pleasing to Christ. The more pleasing the testimony is to Christ, the more abundant will be the joy and happiness of the Christian. Witnessing is much more than talking with someone about becoming saved. Witnessing is a living testimony in everything we do and say. Who is a lost person most likely to listen to, someone who is obviously different or just another person walking in darkness or partial darkness? We both know the answer to this one.

This also leads to another series of thoughts and questions. Could one stereotype a Christian who is most likely to be happy and fulfilled in Christ?  YES  Would it be a Christian yielded to the will and purpose of God or a Christian needing correction and chastisement?  We both know the answer to this question.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2004, 08:30:58 PM »

There are many wonderful posts here (haven't had time to read 'em all!)

I try to make a practice of praying for peace and wisdom before I enter the forum. If I am spiritually "watchful" to do nothing out of personal pride, and to restrain anything unnecessarily "disagreeable", I am far less likely to offend someone with my words. Also, it helps to envision other members as living, loving Christians, as I know most of them are; corrupted by flesh just like me, but members of the same body, and the same family. It is hard sometimes to talk to a dead screen, and much of the frustration is overcome by the realization that "people" are on the other end of the glass, people who can be hurt and angered and encouraged and strengthened.

"Live and Let Live"  Grin

Oklahoma Howdy to Willowbirch,

You made some excellent points, and you practice what you preach. You and many others here obviously realize there is a real person on the other end reading the messages. I give thanks that we have many sweet Christians here who do care about that person on the other end they've never met. They could be lost, hurting, ill, in grief, or any number of other human conditions that we've all been in at one time or another. It could be a person with a drug or alcohol problem, one thinking about suicide, one with a broken marriage, one in crisis of some sort, and who really knows. Hopefully, when there is someone in great need, there is always someone to give kindness, care, and prayer.

Willowbirch, thanks for being one of those sweet Christians who love and care. I'm thinking about a fairly large list of folks here who love and care about others. I think that most of us have days that we need to be on the receiving end of Christian love and prayer. Then, we hopefully are there for others with Christian love and prayer when they have their days of need. This is one of the beautiful things about Christian fellowship.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2004, 08:49:01 PM »

Well you guys have taught me why we have denominations.  It is so that we can worship without being in constant strife.  Unfortunately even there people sneak in crabwise and try to change things.  In this world the strongest will survive and impose their will on others but in the next life it will be the weak that will be heard.

Oklahoma Howdy to Lance,

Reasonable discussion of differences is good, as that makes us all think, study our Bibles, and seek the truth. Some discussions go too far, and that is one of the topics of this thread. How far is far enough, and how far is too far? Some folks enjoy a good debate and others don't. It is my opinion that all can benefit in a good discussion if it is done in Christian love. Finding a friendly balance where everyone can benefit is the real objective.

I understand your point about denominations, but I think the problem is people, not denominations. If both of us have the same Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, we should be able to treat each other as brothers, and we are commanded to do so. If we can't, it would be the fault of one or both of us, not the church we attend and certainly not God. If we are talking about one lost person and one saved person, the saved person is commanded to treat the lost person like Christ would.

In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the