Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:13:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Maine Christians outraged over ministers' support for abortion-on-demand
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maine Christians outraged over ministers' support for abortion-on-demand  (Read 392 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2007, 09:26:28 AM »

Maine Christians outraged over ministers' support for abortion-on-demand

Christians in Maine are denouncing a group of United Church of Christ ministers who are publicly advocating for taxpayer-funded abortions.

Nineteen United Church of Christ ministers have submitted a letter of written testimony to the Maine Legislature in support of a pending bill that would provide more than $283,000 annually to fund abortions for low-income women. In their letter, the Congregational ministers quote Proverbs 29:7: "The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern."

Mike Hein with the Christian Civic League of Maine says the ministers are twisting Scripture to promote abortion and to argue that abortion is a "social justice matter."

"They're using the social justice argument that perhaps you've heard [that] denomination use," he points out. "[They argue that] low-income women, if they don't get the funding from the state in order to pay for abortions, are either going to seek alternative methods that are dangerous -- or, heaven forbid, they're going to take their pregnancy to term."

The letter from the UCC ministers is being widely criticized, says Hein. "What a poor public testimony these Christian reverends, these Congregational ministers are putting out there," he offers.

"To the unchurched, to people who have not yet accepted Christ as their Savior, they see this stand by the Congregationalists -- the United Church of Christ -- as something sending a very mixed message about what Christianity is."

Hein notes that the United Church of Christ denomination recently condemned the Supreme Court's decision to uphold a federal ban on partial-birth abortions.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HimAll4

Trust and Obey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 09:56:55 AM »

UNBELIEVABLE!  I am so disgusted!

Makes me wonder if these (yo-yos, no, that's not nice.........idiots, no, that's worse........prostitutes - yeah!) prostitutes of God's Word have a "side business" going in the abortion business.

Mods - delete or "prune" as necessary!

When we can soar like the eagles, why do we insist on hiding like the moles?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 10:06:25 AM »

Personally I think that you were being nice.

2Ti 4:2  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5  But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »

It really sickens me to hear some of the ungodly beliefs many so-called Christian ministers espouse.  What part of 'thou shalt not kill' do they not understand?

Jer 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the