Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:56:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  San Fran bans bottled water for city offices
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: San Fran bans bottled water for city offices  (Read 1647 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2007, 05:41:13 PM »

San Fran bans bottled water for city offices 
Billed as way to help stem global warming , save taxpayer money

Is city water better than bottled water? Mayor Gavin Newsom thinks so.

Newsom has issued an executive order banning city departments from buying bottled water, even for water coolers. The ban goes into effect July 1, and will extend to water coolers by Dec. 1.

The move was billed as a way to help stem global warming  and save taxpayer money.

"We're hoping to set the example for the private sector and other cities in getting off the bottle," said Tony Winnicker, spokesman for the San Francisco public utilities commission.

In a press release announcing the decision, the mayor cited the environmental impact of making, transporting and disposing of the bottles. More than a billion of them end up in the state's landfills each year, the release said.

When the ban goes into effect, city and county offices will dispense municipal tap water from a reservoir. Winnicker said exceptions will be made in cases where potable water is not easily available or poses health concerns.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 05:43:01 PM »

Global warming is being used as an excuse for more things every day. What is the real purpose behind this? The city was not making enough revenue on the city water supply.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
MusicMedic5150

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 10:11:11 PM »

Why didn't the city recycle all those bottles? Your right Pastor it's just another way to take money.

God is greater than any problem I have!!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 01:01:02 AM »

Grin   Grin

Global warming is such a joke that I laugh every time I hear about it. The only way to control global warming is to control heat and light from the sun.

Grin  UM? - Maybe a giant thermostat for the core of the sun? BUT, who would install it?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 01:26:41 AM »

UM? - Maybe a giant thermostat for the core of the sun? BUT, who would install it?

A job for Al Gore??

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 01:43:01 AM »

Living water is free...
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 11:15:32 AM »

Amen to that MJ

But what I find ironic in all of this is that San Fran is the place where bottled water gots its big start....

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »

So true...
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 11:50:01 PM »

A joke indeed.  I'm just waiting to hear the next global warming story. 

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 10:45:54 AM »

A joke indeed.  I'm just waiting to hear the next global warming story. 

You asked for it so here it is:

Muslim Rape Epidemic Blamed on Global Warming...

Sweden experienced a quadrupling in the number of rape charges in the space of a single generation. Yet Sweden's largest newspaper Aftonbladet recently indicated that the spike in rape numbers was due to the "warm weather," which would presumably mean that these rapes are caused by global warming. The fact that many of the suspects have a Muslim background is purely coincidental, no doubt.

Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 12:08:52 PM »

Pastor Roger, thanks for the laugh.    Maybe we should start a thread on global warming just for a few good laughs.  This is so utterly ridiculous, it's amazing the number of people who believe this nonsense.

I've gained a few pounds over the past several months.  Do you think it could be due to global warming?   Grin

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 12:35:12 PM »

Pastor Roger, thanks for the laugh.  I've gained a few pounds over the past several months.  Do you think it could be due to global warming?   Grin

Maybe it's because your appetite has increased due to the weather being so warm.

Last year scientists said the droughts were being caused by global warming. This year they are blaming global warming for all of the excess rain and floods. I wonder what the "fad" will be for next year?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 09:52:17 AM »

Global Warming Update: First Snow in Johannesburg and Pretoria Since 1981 and 1968

As the worm has clearly turned on all this global warming hooey, it seems appropriate to begin recording COLD events across the planet not just to highlight the foolishness, but also to infuriate those still buying into the junk science.

With that in mind, it snowed in parts of South Africa Tuesday that haven’t seen the frosty white stuff in many decades.

Thanks, global warming!

As deliciously (and frigidly) reported by Bloomberg Wednesday (emphasis added to really irk the alarmists):

Johannesburg recorded its first confirmed snowfall for almost 26 years overnight as temperatures dropped below freezing in South Africa's largest city, grounding flights at its main airport...Snow last blanketed Johannesburg for a single day on Sept. 11, 1981.

…

Light snowfall was also recorded in Pretoria, the capital, which last had snow on June 11, 1968, the newswire said.

June 1968! Most of the hyperventilating hysterical probably weren't born yet!

So, do you figure that alarmists like soon-to-be-Dr. Al Gore will admit they’re wrong when cities around the world start reporting record snows and lows on a regular basis as this new cooling trend -- which began in 1998, for those that might actually being interested in facts! -- continues?

Or, will they maintain that colder weather and rare snowfalls are all part of “climate change” which is tied directly to CO2 emissions?

Of course they are:

Global Warming Blamed For Low Attendance at Live Earth's Johannesburg Concert

Honestly, folks, I had to read this one five times to believe my eyes, and strongly suggest that you remove all potables, flammables, and sharp objects from your proximity before proceeding any further.

Everybody ready?

Well, it turns out that one of the Live Earth concerts to draw attention to the planet’s imminent doom at the hands of the left’s most recent bogeyman global warming had very poor attendance due to – wait for it! – cold weather.

How great is that?

Yet that’s not the funniest part (hysterical emphasis added):

Officials at Live Earth Johannesburg have blamed the effects of climate change for poor audience attendance at Saturday's (07Jul07) South African event. Organiser John Langford believes extremely cold weather in the region - it snowed last week (ends06Jul07) for the first time in a quarter of a century - kept people away from the concert.

Imagine that. Global warming destroyed a concert to promote global warming awareness by – it really is too amazing to believe – making it snow for the first time in this part of the world in more than 25 years.

And, it snowed because the planet’s getting warmer! Is everybody following this?

While you ponder the astounding level of ignorance on display, the article continued:

Speaking before the event, Langford said, "We're expecting 10,000 here tonight. It's a bit chilly, and we've had a strange winter... is it climate change? We had snow in Jo'burg last week for the first time in 25 years."

What’s even more amazing is the number of concertgoers, promoters, and global warming alarmists that actually believe global warming is responsible for colder weather and abnormal snowstorms in regions that rarely see the white fluffy stuff.

Maybe even worse is the number of media representatives that are not only buying the insanity, but also promoting it on a daily basis.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 12:37:59 AM »

I'll bet you that all those concerts used more engery, then what a third world country used in the past 5 years.

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 12:48:29 AM »

Well, there is much about global warming, but all i have seen is rain and more rain. I don't think we need bottled water since it cost a dollar a bottlee. Reminds me of the Jones and also the Emperor who did not have clothes on. People will buy into anything that is ridiculous. I have no idea why we have to have bottled water when we have to first pay the city for the water to begin with and when you are thirsty, do you really care where the water comes from?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the