Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:06:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286817 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sabbath
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sabbath  (Read 4303 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2004, 10:41:31 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

This is really a very foolish matter to contend over. Born again believers are already IN JESUS, Members of His Body, the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. Any mature Christian knows this. I could care less about what day of the week it is now, OR what day of the week it was 2500 years ago. I could care less what a Rabbi or a Levite Priest would have to say about the matter, and I certainly don't need a calendar. It would make absolutely no difference at all if a Christian never looked at a calendar again and didn't have a clue what day of the week it was.

Jesus Christ is LORD over all days, we are in HIM, and HE is in us. Here's a clue for those of you who are mired in the law: our heart is HIS Temple. HIS Holy Spirit is ALIVE in us, and we are ALIVE in Jesus. Forget about the sun, the moon, and the stars - a born again Christian blind and in a coma has entered our Sabbath Rest, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour forever. Stop worrying about born again Christians in your family who have Alzheimer's, had strokes, or otherwise lost their mental faculties. They are fine - safe and secure in the mighty hand of Jesus. Here's a final hint:  The Sabbath is Jesus Christ - Not a day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen BEP, I agree completely.  Jesus Christ is our rest and sabbath, and there is no condemnation for those that in that rest.   This sabbath keeping business is getting rather tiring though.... Wink

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2004, 11:52:35 AM »

2nd Timothy Said:

Amen BEP, I agree completely.  Jesus Christ is our rest and sabbath, and there is no condemnation for those that in that rest.  This sabbath keeping business is getting rather tiring though....

Grace and Peace!

Brother,

Yes, it is tiring and sad. It's a smoke screen that effectively gets some peoples' eyes off of Jesus and onto themselves. What goes with it is also very sad: Going about trying to establish self-righteousness instead of yielding to the righteousness of Jesus Christ. It goes on and on to varying degrees, much denying Jesus Christ and the Cross.

me, me, me
NO! - Jesus Christ!

my righteousness
NO! - The Righteousness of Jesus Christ!

my works
NO! - The Works of Jesus Christ!

Our faith in Jesus Christ is accounted unto us as righteousness. That's a good thing since we have none of our own. We live under the Grace and Love of God - not the Law. If one wants to holler about the law, there is one that we should most definitely be hollering about:

The Law of Faith in Jesus Christ has set us free from the curse of sin and death!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2004, 05:02:32 PM »

2nd Timothy Said:

Amen BEP, I agree completely.  Jesus Christ is our rest and sabbath, and there is no condemnation for those that in that rest.  This sabbath keeping business is getting rather tiring though....

Grace and Peace!

Brother,

Yes, it is tiring and sad. It's a smoke screen that effectively gets some peoples' eyes off of Jesus and onto themselves. What goes with it is also very sad: Going about trying to establish self-righteousness instead of yielding to the righteousness of Jesus Christ. It goes on and on to varying degrees, much denying Jesus Christ and the Cross.

me, me, me
NO! - Jesus Christ!

my righteousness
NO! - The Righteousness of Jesus Christ!

my works
NO! - The Works of Jesus Christ!

Our faith in Jesus Christ is accounted unto us as righteousness. That's a good thing since we have none of our own. We live under the Grace and Love of God - not the Law. If one wants to holler about the law, there is one that we should most definitely be hollering about:

The Law of Faith in Jesus Christ has set us free from the curse of sin and death!
[/size]

Love In Christ,
Tom

I only have one word to say:

AMEN!!!!!

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
oneBook

Long poster (sorry)!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2004, 07:48:57 PM »

I guess I got confused and thought this was on the debate forum, that is why I was 'debating' Sabbath.  I don't blame y'all for being tired of talking about resting in the Sabbath Tongue

I'll try to keep debates in the debate forum from now on.

Just a parting thought on the Sabbath-
I used to have the same view point, that we have Jesus and focusing on the physical commands was a waste of time because we have the spiritual rest.  Then while reading, praying, and fasting, God called me to enter His Sabbath rest.  At first I resisted, after all, I liked being master of my schedule, I could worship God on the day that suited MY schedule.  I wanted to buy things and travel when it was convinient for me.  The Sabbath rest (in the physical world) distilled in me the meaning of our spiritual rest, and the two testify to the different aspects of our existance.  If we were just spiritual beings, I would agree all we need is the spiritual Sabbath, but since God made our bodies too (and said they are good), He also has physical laws.  What I found was that I learned to have to give up my schedule for His, and work my calendar around God's.  Later He persisted and conquered different areas of my life- what I eat, how I dress, what I say, and what I think.  He asks 10 % of our money, why not ~1/7th of our time?

To clarify so that no one accuses me of relying on my works, I don't do the Sabbath to be saved.  God finished the work of saving me through His Son on the cross.  I do it because it is the least I could do to listen to His voice and live in the footsteps of the Messiah.

-oneBook
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 04:26:31 AM by oneBook » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the