Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:54:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Book of Revelations.....The Antichrist!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Book of Revelations.....The Antichrist!  (Read 9180 times)
sabrina

Let the work I've done speak for me........

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2005, 02:22:10 PM »

Whats your opinion on who this will be,  you bible scholars and christains?  I have heard various opinions on who it will be,  this is the latest........some say it will be the next Pope!  Now you know this leader will have oodles and oodles of followers and will be chrismatic, he is already here.......or do you thing he hasn't been born yet?  What do you think on this subject.....Are we or are we not in the end days? Has the bible already forfilled itself in many ways and continues to do so?   Things in the middle east have certainly been falling into place, haven't they? My! My! My!  The rapture?
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 02:40:10 PM »

Whats your opinion on who this will be,  you bible scholars and christains?  I have heard various opinions on who it will be,  this is the latest........some say it will be the next Pope!  Now you know this leader will have oodles and oodles of followers and will be chrismatic, he is already here.......or do you thing he hasn't been born yet?  What do you think on this subject.....Are we or are we not in the end days? Has the bible already forfilled itself in many ways and continues to do so?   Things in the middle east have certainly been falling into place, haven't they? My! My! My!  The rapture?

Sabrina (ah, what a beautiful name)

If one believes in the pre-tribulation, then one won't know who the anti-christ is, because he won't show himself until 3 1/2 years into the tribulation.

If these are the end days, then "he" has been born, but one doesn't know who he is.

If one looks at it from another point of view, the "last days" are from the time of Jesus Christ until even now.

According to catholic tradition, there's one more pope left after this one.  That one will supposedly rule with the anti-christ.  That pope will defect from the church (or fall away, if you will.)

Grace and peace,
cris

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 02:59:50 PM »

I'm of the impression that the Antichrist spoke of in Revelations is a spirit (1 John 4:2-3), however, like many spirits, this manifests itself in the form of many people and organizations (Matthew 24:5, Matthew 24:24, 2 John 1:7, 1 John 2:18, ) that oppose Christianity and seek to undermined the values of the churches, whether by Heretical teachings (Sure as cults where the leader claims to be Jesus) or in direct opposition to the church (as we can see in groups like the ACLU and Communism, that are activity involved in trying eradicate the Christian culture and way of life).

Yes, we are in the Last days. I believe the last days started when Jesus transcended into Heaven, and they will last a while longer. Things in the Middle East have been falling into place for Thousands of years, even before Jesus came, the Middle East had been falling into place for the last days.

As for the rapture... don't get me started again...

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
sabrina

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 03:01:13 PM »

Well the antichrist has to make a peace treaty with Isreal and then break it in 3 1/2 years.......but we should know who he is as soon as the peace treaty comes about.  Now that is very interesting what you said about the Pope, because  some one just the other day....said the same thing to me.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 03:07:07 PM »

Well the antichrist has to make a peace treaty with Isreal and then break it in 3 1/2 years.......but we should know who he is as soon as the peace treaty comes about.  Now that is very interesting what you said about the Pope, because  some one just the other day....said the same thing to me.

That's true about the peace treaty with Israel.  I had forgotten about that.

sabrina

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 03:41:15 PM »

Tibby we are all in spirit............we have flesh covering us to a certain degree.......but the anti christ will be in the flesh and he will fool a lot of souls into following him.  This is going to be an ugly time.  But my point is that it is really in the last days....yes it is true no one knows the hour day nor minute.  Will we believe it when it happens?..........Will we know what we are looking for?  
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 06:15:55 PM »

Whats your opinion on who this will be,  you bible scholars and christains?

You asked and you received. I'm sorry that you don't like my interpretation, but if you didn't want to know...

Anyways, I cannot agree with much of what you said in that last post. Are you trying to say that our Bodies are nothing more then a disposable covering for our souls? That, my sweet Sabrina, is heresy! Such teachings are borderline Gnostic!

I agree, we are in the last days, as I sad before, he have been in the last days for about 2000 years so far.

Thanks to the teachings of St. Malachy, I think we now know whatto look for. Wink Grin

Bronzesnake
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 10:37:16 PM »

These bodies will be discarded! That's not heresy.

The Bible is very clear that satan will be tossed down to earth from outer space by the Archangel Michael and God's army of angels. satan will then possess the human body of a "great leader" who will be seen as a peacemaker, and will literally sign a seven year peace treaty. satan will enter the rebuilt temple and proclaim himself to be God. satan will implement the mark of the beast, a cashless society will be developed where none shall buy or sell unless they have the "mark". satan will persecute and execute as many Jews, and post Rapture Christian converts as he can. satan will lead his armies against Israel in the great and final battle which ushers in the second coming of the physical Jesus and His armies (Raptured Saints)

This is not a "spiritual" satan, it is the physical, literal, evil demonic being that Jesus warned us about throughout the entire Bible, Old and New.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 10:44:12 PM »

Hey Bronze,

You've been missin' from the board for awhile.  

I noticed!!! Wink

Hope you've been okay!

Grace and peace,
cris
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 01:17:46 AM »

These bodies will be discarded! That's not heresy.

So, what you are saying is that when the body dies, that is it, we will be spirit alone for the rest of Eternity? Are you saying, once dead, we will never see our bodies again? Are you saying the Resurrection of the body is not true? Because if so, then yes, that is heresy you are speaking! That is what the Gnostics teach! It has been Heresy almost as long as the Church has been around!

BigD
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 05:44:30 AM »

Very Interesting - http://www.666beast.net/

God bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!
sabrina

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 07:56:59 AM »

tHANK YOU bRONZESNAKE......Apparently someone besides me is reading the Bible closely.......No Tibby of course I believe that the dead will be raised up, and those who are in Christ will have themselves regenerated.....as to this is one of the wonders of the Lords power....miracles!!!!!  Much like when Lazareth was raised from the dead after 3 days with the blood running threw his veins as if nothing had happenned to him at all.  So shall we be......but it is no secret that these bodies only house the ours spirits and this is the only way we can live in this earthly life.  When we see our heavenly father we will be in the spirit form.  That's why things of this world are not to be treasured because they will not be with us......nothing crosses over but the spirit.  The Lord owns our soul if we follow him.......and of course some souls will be lost to satan......many of them.......thats sort of our job while we are here we.....are to spread the good news and minimize the losses as much as possible.  Copper is right the antichrist will be a human being that we can touch , smell and feel........he will be real and everything that will come out of his mouth will be a lie designed to trick and decieve.  Again I thank you for your wonderful comments....have a blessed day.
Reba
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 09:17:35 AM »

In The Revelation where do you find 'antichrist' ? Antichrist is only mentioned in the little Books of John.
sabrina

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 10:53:04 AM »

Not that I said the antichrist is in the book of Revelations......and of course I know where it is mentioned in the Bible as you do I call your attention to Revelation 16 verses12-16.....it doesn't come right out and say the Antichrist......but makes a strong reference.  That if you of the belief that the anti christ and satan are one and the same!
I have my own thoughts on that matter.  Thanks for the comment.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 01:34:05 PM »

tHANK YOU bRONZESNAKE......Apparently someone besides me is reading the Bible closely.......No Tibby of course I believe that the dead will be raised up, and those who are in Christ will have themselves regenerated.....as to this is one of the wonders of the Lords power....miracles!!!!!  Much like when Lazareth was raised from the dead after 3 days with the blood running threw his veins as if nothing had happenned to him at all.  So shall we be......but it is no secret that these bodies only house the ours spirits and this is the only way we can live in this earthly life.  When we see our heavenly father we will be in the spirit form.  That's why things of this world are not to be treasured because they will not be with us......nothing crosses over but the spirit.  The Lord owns our soul if we follow him.......and of course some souls will be lost to satan......many of them.......thats sort of our job while we are here we.....are to spread the good news and minimize the losses as much as possible.  Copper is right the antichrist will be a human being that we can touch , smell and feel........he will be real and everything that will come out of his mouth will be a lie designed to trick and decieve.  Again I thank you for your wonderful comments....have a blessed day.

What does any of that have to do with anything? You and BS are talking about our bodies being discarded, and that is Gnostic. We are Body, mind, and spirit, Sabrina. Anything else would be heresy.

And how DARE you imply that anyone who doesn’t agree with you does no seriously read their bible. You are NOT infallible, keep that in mind before you run your mouth off like that again.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the