Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286818 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Controlled Fall
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Controlled Fall  (Read 7361 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 12:36:50 AM »

Thank you too Brother for letting me know!  I would also like to know how the font size is changed.  It stays the same when I use the A size control.. 

Highlight the portion of text that you want to enlarge and press the "A" size control key. The starting command in brackets will be the default "size=10pt". Change the 10 to whatever you want. I use "11" and can read that pretty well. I'll make this one "12" to see what it does.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 12:55:08 AM »

Thanks for letting me know Tom.  I didn't see enough replies to suspect anyone of offense but just wanted to be sure due to the uncommon concept.  I'm trusting the same is for S4C too!  After all, it is a highly precarious concept but it's good to be able to share what's on your heart without suspecting excessive adverse responses, as it is on this site.  Everything I share here I also share on many other Christian forums (always looking for more) and the replies with this thread were moderately active with negligible adversity.

Seated With Him
Bob

I'll have to be honest with you and say that it's more than just uncommon in my opinion - it's false. I don't understand your need to share something like this.

Netchaplain

Christ Himself lives His life in us!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 01:50:11 AM »

I'll have to be honest with you and say that it's more than just uncommon in my opinion - it's false. I don't understand your need to share something like this.
I appreciate you letting me know more of your thoughts concerning the reason for me sharing it.  I stated a couple times it was to show that nothing happens, from beginning to end, that God does not already know was going to happen, which means He has pre-factored it all in according to His sovereign plan. 

For example, He can never say "that wasn't suppose to happen " about anything, as if something was suppose to occur a different way other than what He foresaw.  Your probably tiring from this because I'm so repetitious with my attempts to explain it, but maybe only more time may or may not address its understanding.

Sorry again, if I wasn't suppose to answer what seemed like you were asking me why I shared it in the first place.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:51:54 AM by Netchaplain » Logged

The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, or our trying to be Christ-like, nor is it Christ giving us the power to live a life like His; but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ.'"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 08:43:17 AM »

My thread agrees with you here and it does not challenge our autonomy concerning our choices, which is God-given, for this is what incurs accountability.   The overall concept in this thread to me is the fact that since God foreknew their choices, it which makes what they did part of His plans, which He already established prior to creating.

May our correspondence concerning this or any issue be out of brotherly-love and for truth's sake, which otherwise would prove vain.  Agreed?

No it does not agree with your thread. Let me again try to explain the difference. You said, "Their disobedience was evidence of possessing a sin nature prior to the act."

Let me explain my original response to that a little simpler and at the risk of repeating myself.

Having a sin nature means that sin was inherent within Adam to begin with. The word inherent means 'built-in, inbuilt, integral'. Therefore saying that it was inherent is to say that God created that which is evil (that sin was built-into Adam) and not to have created Adam as "very good".

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Netchaplain

Christ Himself lives His life in us!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 01:35:40 PM »

No it does not agree with your thread. Let me again try to explain the difference. You said, "Their disobedience was evidence of possessing a sin nature prior to the act."

Therefore saying that it was inherent is to say that God created that which is evil (that sin was built-into Adam) and not to have created Adam as "very good".

To me even thinking that God created a creature (Adam; Satan) that He knew sin would come from sounds as confusing as Him creating them with the nature to choose to do sin (if true, not sure because Scripture isn't clear on this), but this is something I thought of long ago and finally decided to share with others for their input.  I realized there might be some who would let this concept bother them, but I do not believe it's wrong to be prepared to allow anyone to share what they would like to share, if their motive is good.

The agreement I was referring to in post #8 was to God's design for Adam to be autonomous in his decisions, which was evident when God, as He did with Noah, brought all the creatures to him so he would choose the names for them (Gen 2:19, 20).

As for the concept of man's nature prior to the disobedience, I often used uncertain terms such as "I don't believe", I believe", "conjecture", and "speculation" to indicate that I do not myself accept it as truth but possible truth, and since this is not something that one must believe in for the receiving of salvation, it's non-essential.

I would like to again indicate that my interest is not so much toward the chronology when Adam possessed the sin nature as it is to the knowledge that God knew he would sin, and that He would use it in His A plan; as we know, He needs no plan B.  To me, any alternate concept, concerning His foreknowledge of it would, I believe, conflicts with the meaning of His omniscience; from which I find much security, Him being our Father and also much more not to be confused about, because His ways are "past finding out".

The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, or our trying to be Christ-like, nor is it Christ giving us the power to live a life like His; but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ.'"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 02:39:30 PM »

Your theory is contrary to the teachings of the Holy Bible and is FALSE TEACHING. It even calls God a liar. It's time to read the forum rules. This thread is closed and future ones on the same subject will be deleted. Please consider this post to be a warning.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the