Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:28:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286818 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Dad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Dad  (Read 1435 times)
Coyote

Aim High!!!!!!

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2004, 01:14:13 PM »

My Dad has been fighting with his commitment to Christ for as long as I can remember. My little Brother and I have both witnessed to him, but he hasn't given it all up yet. He is plauged with constant back problems that have resulted in all but one vertebrea fused together. This has severly limited his life. It has taken its toll on his emotions. He has been a strong man all his life, and has withered away since he can hardly move. I call him at least 3 times a week to make sure he is doing alright. I try to give/show him the love he has given me his entire life. I want him to be happy. Maybe I am asking alot, but I know deep in my heart if he can give it all to Christ he can be happy. I ask every prayer that the Lord look after my Dad, and show him the better way to be.

If you all could please say a prayer for him as you have done for me it would mean alot to me, especially since I can't do it alone anymore. His name is Gearld Bowers.

Please say one for my Mom Karen as well, giving her the strength to keep her faith through her diabeties, helping Dad, raising my little brother Billy, working full time, and taking care of the house. I love them so much I can't stand to see them troubled so.

Love,

Jim

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 06:44:54 PM »

Jim absolutely. Also, if I may ask, what stage of faith has your father been in? Was he a Christian before? Because if he has trouble with the divinity of Christ, there is a book called More than a Carpenter that would probably be very useful. Or does he struggle with the idea of God loving him? Because I can recommend lots of resources-just let me know what he is struggling with. Maybe the Lord just wants him to study about Him right now. I know how your father feels, and the Lord helped me overcome it about 20 years ago. So you have my full sympathy.

Love in Christ,
Whitehorse

Reba
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 08:34:08 PM »

Smiley Cry Smiley
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 12:39:31 AM »

Jim,
Tell your Dad that someone who doesn't even know him (me), loves him.
Tell your dad that that stranger who loves him misses Fritch.  Grin
Tell your dad that your love and your siblings love - all bound up with my (a stranger's love) do not come close to matching the love that Jesus has for him.
Tell your dad that if he wants, and if he aks for it, he will have a brand new body waiting for him in Jesus Kingdom - free from pain.
Tell your dad that you love him, too.  (Although I know you already have!)

Praying for your dad (and you!),

Your friend,
Jim

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Coyote

Aim High!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 12:35:29 PM »

Jim absolutely. Also, if I may ask, what stage of faith has your father been in? Was he a Christian before? Because if he has trouble with the divinity of Christ, there is a book called More than a Carpenter that would probably be very useful. Or does he struggle with the idea of God loving him? Because I can recommend lots of resources-just let me know what he is struggling with. Maybe the Lord just wants him to study about Him right now. I know how your father feels, and the Lord helped me overcome it about 20 years ago. So you have my full sympathy.

Love in Christ,
Whitehorse

Well to answer the question.... He believes with his mind, but doubts in his heart. He confuses me sometimes, one day he will be thanking God for what he has, the next day he just wants it to be over with. It has me really worried. I can't really explain it in words. I simply pray every morning when I wake up the Christ will wrap his arms around him, and ease his heart. I love my Dad so much it hurts me tremendously to see him so worn down.

Thank you for the prayers I know they are helping.

Love,

Jim

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
grace

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 09:23:26 AM »

Jim,
My prayers are with you and your dad, and your whole family. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through.
Re.
He confuses me sometimes, one day he will be thanking God for what he has, the next day he just wants it to be over with.

Try reading through Job.
Job 10:1, 18-22 "I loathe my life; I will give free utterance to my complaint; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.
 "Why didst thou bring me forth from the womb? Would that I had died before any eye had seen me, and were as though I had not been, carried from the womb to the grave. Are not the days of my life few? Let me alone, that I may find a little comfort before I go whence I shall not return, to the land of gloom and deep darkness, the land of gloom and chaos, where light is as darkness."

And in Job 38, Job recieved not the answer, but the Answerer (Peter Kreeft, Making Sense of Suffering.

And it was Job, and not his friends who were upset that he was speaking such, who was counted as righteous by God:
Job 42:7-8 After the LORD had spoken these words to Job, the LORD said to Eli'phaz the Te'manite:"My wrath is kindled against you and against your two friends; for you have not spoken of me what is right, as my servant Job has. Now therefore take seven bulls and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you, for I will accept his prayer not to deal with you according to your folly; for you have not spoken of me what is right, as my servant Job has."

I hope that this will be of some comfort,

In His love,

-Grace

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 07:35:52 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Coyote (Brother Jim),

Jim, I will definitely be praying for your dad and your family. Almighty God has an extra supply of Grace and Comfort available for the asking. I know how difficult times like this can be. It is very sad that some people tend to blame or question God in times of illness and trial. There is peace and comfort in going the opposite direction. Our best Hope, Strength, Courage, Guidance, and Comfort are always in our PRECIOUS LORD AND SAVIOUR. Brother, I pray that Jesus will give you the wisdom and words to help your dad reach out for the Hand of Jesus.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the