Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:18:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  my son
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my son  (Read 1577 times)
chanelle

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2003, 08:27:27 PM »

This request is for my son.  He has mild autism and though we have worked through many problems together, he faces one that needs extra attention.  There is someone at his school that upsets him.  He will be going back to school tomorrow and she will probably be there.  I ask prayer for him and my family and that the Lord intervene in this situation which has caused him such turmoil.  He is in jr. high school and at an akward age as well as having to deal with a learning disability.  He has come so far already, and prayers have availed much.  Thank you.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 05:49:22 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Channel,

I will pray for you and your son. I would first tell you that I have admiration for your son in progressing so far with a medical condition like that. Maybe part of this is a good thing because he may have to deal with a few people like this throughout his life. It's sad that some people are cruel and heartless. He will not have someone to shield him continually, so he must learn to deal with it. His progress indicates that he is a very determined young man who is worthy of respect. In reality, the person causing him problems is an object of pity.

His adversity may lead to greater strength and character. This is just an idea, but you might try something in the opposite direction. Ask your son to forgive her and pray for her. Give your son an "attaboy" and an extra hug for enduring the extra problems and overcoming them. Some of the strongest and most popular people I've ever met were Christians with disabilities. God allowed me to spend some time with a 17 year old boy diagnosed with brain cancer and given 3 years to live. He was strong, became an outstanding witness for Christ, and he lived to age 23, 3 years longer than the doctors said was possible. He was happy, busy, and outgoing during the week of his death.

Give your son encouragement, extra hugs, and pray with him.

In Christ.

a.b.

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 02:09:42 PM »

Chanelle, my heart goes out to you.  It must be hard to watch
your son go through this.  I agree with blackeyepea that this is a great opportunity to teach your precious son the godly response to suffering.  As you pray and talk this over, explore
new ways to respond to this young lady (such as: writing an essay about forgiveness if the teacher asks for an essay on a topic of their choice. or maybe you can get a nurse to visit the class to talk about autism and other disabilities, or maybe
have a conference with the girl's parents, then maybe a second meeting with the children present).  There may be some input on the Focus on the Family website that may be helpful to you.  Will you write us back from time to time to let us know how it is going?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the