Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:46:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prayer for my marriage
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer for my marriage  (Read 1746 times)
MsMarcasite

A bird in flight

View Profile WWW
« on: August 05, 2003, 05:16:50 AM »

I have just come back to God after a 5 year absence.
I married my husband before I decided to give my life back to God. He is unsaved. I feel very distant from him now. We have no spiritual bond and it has affected us greatly.
Please pray that he may come to know God and God will heal our marriage.

Jennifer (Leicestershire, UK)
a.b.

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 03:01:47 PM »

Dear Jennifer,  my heart goes out to you.  It is a very fragile
situation you are in.  I'd like to give you a testimony about a good friend of mine.  Her name is Mattie.

Mattie and her husband were not saved when they met.  They both were drug addicts; it was a stormy relationship.  But in their late forties they quit drugs and got married.  Shortly after that, Mattie got saved.  Her husband would go to
church with her sometimes but would not get saved.  She would tell him to give his life to the Lord but he wouldn't.  One
day we talked and I told her to talk more to God about her husband and less to her husband about God.  I advised her to
be a good wife, which she already was, but I told her she was
not his mother, his preacher, or Jesus, or God; just be his wife.  So she went on to do very sweet and romantic things no matter what he did.  Most of the time he was nice to her, distant but nice; sometimes he was mean but she would say I
love you and cry her tears only in prayer.  Her loving gestures
caused him to be romantic toward her even though he was not
born again.  One day last year Mattie called me and said that
she was praying alone one day, which was a daily thing for her, and while she was praying she thought she heard another
voice in the room. She thought she was hearing things so she
kept her eyes closed and head bowed.  When she rose up from
prayer, she turned around and there was her husband praying
with her!!  He goes to church with her often, without her saying a word.  He reads his Bible too! The Lord has made their life very sweet...

I pray in Jesus name that the Lord give you strength and courage to endure the tough times with your husband.  I pray
that God will fill your heart with His love and that it will pour over into your relationship with your husband.  I pray that you
will never stop going to church, praying or studying your Bible
and that you will always put God first, even when your heart is
aching.  Let the Lord remind you of the things you loved about
your man before you married him, and before you gave your life to Christ.  I pray you will do the things that attracted him to you (short of sin, of course).  I pray that you will have many sweet words and compliments to give your husband no matter what his decision about Christ and that you both will share many happy times together.  God bless you and give you
joy that does not diminish during crisis.
Corpus
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 04:17:01 PM »

Jennifer,

I too shall pray for your marriage. My spiritual director once commented that he greatly preferred counseling women more than men because women were generally more open to accepting what they couldn't see and wore willing to submit to a higher authority. We men are prideful creatures. It can too often be our downfall. I don't know what proper 'routes' to suggest, but if he can be convinced there is worth in humility, you're halfway there.
MsMarcasite

A bird in flight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 04:59:14 PM »

I thank you for your prayers and have a praise report since posting this. We had a talk about everything I had on my mind. I took a bold step and told him that I was praying for him to know God, to want to know God. My husband and I talk about everything and to keep my spiritual side inside was just too much for me, so we began to talk. The Holy Spirit moved and my husband could see a glow about me, and he told me that when I found a church to go to(still looking), he'll go and also attend Alpha Courses with me.
I praise God for this, as he also enjoys watching the 700 Club with me, in which we received a word of knowledge from Pat Robertson tonight about our finances. We both were very moved!
Praise God!
a.b.

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 06:13:20 PM »

Cheesy  YIPEEEEEEE!!  TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

Keep on co-operating with the Holy Spirit, you're on the right track.  Be careful not to push too fast just pour lots of love on
your husband and enjoy the changes that the Holy Spirit brings into your lives...God Bless you both...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the