Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:52:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  needed at this moment..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: needed at this moment..  (Read 2112 times)
missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2003, 10:33:50 PM »

Little late logging on.  So happens, my daughter made a choice, heard consequences, didn't like it, threw a temper tantrum, then snuck away from the house.

This has been a problem since she began attending public school this year.  From the last year and a half, this child has experienced some pretty dissapointing things.  Explained in another post, can't remember, at a point of wondering what the Lord wants me to do this time.

I really don't know what to do.  I know that she has sooo much bitterness, and being single is not easy because I have to work half a week extra each week to make up for the second income needed to make ends meet.  So, getting the right help and where that she would work out with is not easay.  

In the meantime, if you have a chance, would you please pray for her at this moment, and that she makes the right decisions to return, and what I should do because of not only her sake, but the legal aspect of it is enormous.  She also took my car keys so that was the topping on the cake!

Ah, well, before I do anything, I am going to pray.  Thanks if you have time.....Missy Sad
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 12:45:16 AM »

Ah, well, before I do anything, I am going to pray.  Thanks if you have time.....Missy Sad

Oklahoma Howdy to Missyann250,

I don't know what your specific circumstances are, but I will pray for you and your daughter. For what it is worth, I think the best gift to a troubled child is time and attention. I don't know her age, but sitting down to talk bluntly about issues is a good start. When you pray, pray with her and include her. Money may not be one of the biggest answers.

In Christ,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 02:44:51 AM »

Prayed, and am praying for you and your daughter.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 05:20:34 AM »

Thank you.  

I just can't understand it.  My whole family, whom I encouraged on a regular basis, and they loved living for the Lord has stepped away.  
I can only attribute it to the end times.  
But, I do know this much, that all things work together for good as we look to God in all things through our Lord Jesus Christ.
This child used to witness to teenagers.  I just wish all the bretheren would pray and cry out to the Lord for this situation.
 I have been moved to do this or that, and have prayed with her, and have talked with her.  She knows more than the average teenager.  Much deeper things about faith by living and  in dividing the word.  The attempts for counseling have proven not the right place for her.  Pastoral is not going to work out.  She will not open up to that.  
Finding interests is what I have done, and that was a no go because where we live there is no source, or I can't find any because I am new here.
She is still gone and it's 4:15.  Safety? Wrong choices tonight?
The severity of what she is doing again is real when talked about, but like a lot of teenagers, they feel infallible, and we discussed this also.  I am more concerned for her safety now.  This is not right.  I am leaving this up to Jesus.  It's a real good spiritual battle because it's so extreme to what my child was before this last year.  To be very honest, I am very sad, mournful is the best word for it.  But, if I pray with the wisdom I have lived, it will bring joy, just thanking God for this because there will be His solution.  
Thanks again, In Christ, Melissa
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 10:58:17 AM »

She is still gone and it's 4:15.  Safety? Wrong choices tonight?
The severity of what she is doing again is real when talked about, but like a lot of teenagers, they feel infallible, and we discussed this also.  I am more concerned for her safety now.

I'm a retired police officer and have 25 years worth of stories I could tell about what happens to many teens who stay out all night. I would be very concerned and say it may be time for some TOUGH LOVE. Every parent experiences a few problems with their teenagers sooner or later. If there are no problems at all, the teen needs medical attention. Check your local area for a TOUGH LOVE GROUP. They are all parents dealing with problems, and they support each other with ideas, suggestions, etc.

I would say you make the rules and enforce them bluntly. The rules are obeyed or use of cars or anything else that represents an expense stops (i.e. telephone). You make a list of things she wants and a list of things you want. She gets what she wants ONLY if you get what you want. That would apply to everything, including grades. This might sound harsh, but it is nothing compared to what could happen if you don't.

I will continue to pray for you and your daughter. KEEP LOOKING UP!

In Christ,
Tom

missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 03:55:43 PM »

Yep blackeyed peas.  I found her walking home. It was at 11:30 in the morning. I took away phone, grounded her from any outside activities, and the internet most definately, her windows will be deleted tonight. I talked, and she listened with a look like she knew she was not going to get away with what she knew was wrong any longer.  
I'm pretty sure God's hand is in this.  I've been using tough love and it just hasn't been working.  I didn't lose my job, thank the Lord for that, got two hours sleep and ready to go for the late shift.
Your words were great support when I read them blackeyedpeas, thanks.   :)God works through us you know, and that was like -see, her listening and this posts let's you know I'm here.  Although I know he is anyway.
Thanks for the prayers, we need them.  I want to thank eveybody for their prayers.  God protected my daughter in the night and brought her home to be on her way back to Him in her walk. He answered prayer, praise His Name!

In Christ, Missy
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 08:55:14 PM »

I give thanks that your daughter is home and OK. I think you are on the right track and it's time to demand obedience. She may not like this now, but she will appreciate it when she gets older. It's nice to be her best friend when that's possible, but that should be lower on your priority list.

I'm old fashioned but I know the reasons for the old fashioned thinking. Nothing good is going on for teens in the middle of the night unless they are home, at a church function, or otherwise supervised by adults who care about them.

My prayers are with you. Hang in there and KEEP LOOKING UP.

In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the