Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:55:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hi new Christian poetess...is that a real word
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi new Christian poetess...is that a real word  (Read 2633 times)
pud

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2005, 05:46:26 PM »

Hi

Just dropped in from England. I think God is awesome but I guess all you others here do too. I have grown in some many ways since handing my life over to Jesus, I couldnt believe it when He took it, I thought it was worthless.

I have had 2 poetry books published about my faith and living with mental illness. I would dearly love to break down the taboo there. I hope God will help me build up on my skills and use my words not only to help me but others too.

Apart from that, my dream is one day to get a nice house in the country where I can grow a few veg and keep some ducks maybe, I would love it to be near a river too, bliss.

If you want to know more about I have wrote a testimony too.

I believe the ability to express myself is the greatest gift I have. I accept that people may never be able to communicate fully with each other, however the more effort we put into this opens up greater potential for us all.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 06:20:53 PM »

Welcome to Christians Unite, pud. I will check out your testimony. I hope you will enjoy the fellowship here as much as I do. There are some really great Christians here.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 12:42:38 AM »

Hello pud, and welcome to Christians Unite forums. Theres a bunch of greattttt! Christians here.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Genesis 31:29 It is in the power of my hand to do you hurt: but the God of your father spake unto me yesternight, saying, Take thou heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad.

curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 04:07:22 AM »

Hello pud:

I welcome you to CU.There are a good bunch of belivers here.I hope I see more writings from you.I also hope that your wish comes true.
      You can now use the gift of poetry the Lord has given you for Him in telling about His love.

Yours in Yeshua,
                 curious
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 05:17:50 PM »

Hello Pud from Oklahoma, USA,

WELCOME!!

I'm sorry to be so late in welcoming you. I was ill when you joined. I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 24:1-2 NASB  A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains, The world, and those who dwell in it.  For He has founded it upon the seas And established it upon the rivers.

pud

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 02:40:55 AM »

Thank you all for such warm welcomes. I do hope to become more involved here over the next couple of weeks/months.

I believe the ability to express myself is the greatest gift I have. I accept that people may never be able to communicate fully with each other, however the more effort we put into this opens up greater potential for us all.
Maura

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 04:07:58 PM »

Hi New Christian in England!!
I am from Michigan, but my mother was born in Harrogate (up North England).  She died when I was 17 but I did get to learn about my heritage before she did.  Welcome to the forum!!! Smiley
pud

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 06:26:59 PM »

Hi Maura

Good to hear from you. I live in Rochdale which isn't too far from Manchester, which in turn isn't that far from Harrogate. I have never been myself (driven through though) but I believe it is a really beautiful place full of old buildings.

Maura

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 03:18:16 PM »

Its really lovely.   They filmed "all creatures great and small" there.  By James Harriot.  Its very hilly as well.  I remember getting really car sick because of all the hills!  LOL...
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 07:37:38 PM »

Poetess is, in fact, a real word. I was surprised myself when I looked it up.
Daniels-Faith

I-AM-HIS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 11:28:11 PM »

hello everyone im daniels -faith,i just signed up,a little while ago,so im a newbie i have never done this before,and i can already se im going to have some difficulites just to change the fonts,but oh well.its nice to be in a group of your peers,who has my same beliefs in our LORD JESUS CHRIST .i can see when you want to change the fonts a lot of writting comes up,not only am i knew here im also new on a computer this my first one,and still learning to drive this rascle,being as old as i am this is some wondeful tool to use in the work of the lord.thanks for allowing to come to this wonderful place to discuss our savior.and i hope i did this right and didnt go where i wasnt supposed to go,but if i did pleas forgive.daniels-faith (Lee)

I belong to him,all i have is his,all i need he supplies;
all i desire he gives,all i have has been given by him
And most of all i am his totally committed
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 11:34:30 PM »

Hi Lee, Welcome to the forum. There are some great Christians here and we do have a lot of good times in fellowship. Take your time, look around, jump in and have a good time and if you have any difficulties just ask. We all will be glad to help you out as much as we can.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 11:43:51 PM »

Hello Lee,

WELCOME!! I sincerely hope that you enjoy the Christian fellowship here.

You'll get used to things pretty quickly, so don't worry about a few problems with the forum commands. You really don't have to worry about setting the fonts or doing any of the more difficult things unless you want to do something fancy. When you get ready, there are some help files in the questions and answers section.

Just starting out, all you really have to worry about is typing and hitting "Post".

Love in Christ,
Tom

3 John 1:2-4 NASB  Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers. For I was very glad when brethren came and testified to your truth, that is, how you are walking in truth. I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth.

Daniels-Faith

I-AM-HIS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 12:25:16 AM »

thank you so much for the welcome everyone,i didt think for awhile i sent it right,so i guess i did.just to give youa little information about my self.im 59,married fo 33 years to a wonderful,and patient woman she had to be to stay with me that long.i ha 2 boys my oldest was a engineer,andand got ajob offer from our lord,so he went back to be oridanied in the bapist church.him and god is the reasons i am here with other believers,i was not a believer about 4 years agonad michael(son) was on me constantly well his house burned down so his family had to stay with us till their neew house was built,so he was on me all the time then he never quit,well one day before he went to workhe started crying and said dad i want to see you again up-stairs with the lord and our family (and i want to be there when you comeup to go thru those gates to welcome you there i didnt pay much attention to it then but that sme day he wa s killed he was taking a soil
sample and a big road scrapper crushed him.but later  and good long while i thought of his wors on that last day we had together(he said i want to be there to welcome you to the lords house )) so he knew that day or earlier he was going to die.he didnt get to be a minister but he still got the job the good lord wanted him to take,and one of his biggest goals was to get me in church.he was not here when i accepted god and gave my testiomonial and he want be here to see me (BAPTIZED ON NOV.17 2005) BUT HE HAS A RING SIDE SEAT AND I CAN HEAR HIM SAYING WECOME HOME DAD)my minister told me that may have been(Michaels) job on earth to get me into church and when had done his job GOD wanted him home with him,sorry about the length but this was part of my testomonial and want till you hear the story on how i prayed fffor the lord to find and send me to a church.i know my son is happy every time i read my bible,or get on my knees and thats hard since i dont have real knees but just the same i do it no matter the pain i have fo my pain is nothing to the pain our lord suffered thru for us and the least i can do is suffer just a little for him.im sorry about the book i promise i will keep the next ones shorter i promise,bless all of you for listing to a old man ramble on.but on nov.17. in a couple of days i will be washed in the blood of our lord and savior and i ask for your prayers to keep me strong in the faith of our lord   and to worship him as i saw my son do 3 or 4 times a day when he was not working and i wouldnt be surprised if he didnt do it at work,i hope for the same amount of dedication to the lord he had.bless all of you and your famlies and dont waste time with your loved ones you never know when the lord is going to call them home,i wish i had told my son one last time i loved him and was so proud of him,if you all have children go to them and hold them and tell them you love them and hug them for me also.thanks  dniels-faith (lee)

I belong to him,all i have is his,all i need he supplies;
all i desire he gives,all i have has been given by him
And most of all i am his totally committed
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 07:21:43 AM »

Hi Lee,

Don't worry about the length of your posts. When it comes to such a sad yet wonderful testimony as yours I enjoyed reading every word of it. I am terribly sorry to hear about your losing your son in that manner but it is wonderful that he is in heaven and the you will be able to rejoin him one day.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the