Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:28:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  In the Passion of Jesus the Christ
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In the Passion of Jesus the Christ  (Read 3358 times)
pleasehim

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2010, 03:02:18 PM »

that tuesday afternoon, when they were eating the passover meal, jesus commanded his disciples to break the bread and drink the wine in memory of him, for whenever they shall do it, they will be signifying the fact of his death until he comes back.
Exodus 24:3-8 Then Moses announced to the people all the laws and regulations God had given him. And he wrote them down. He built an altar and sacrificed burnt offerings to the Lord. And he took half of the blood and put it in bowls, and the other half, he sprinkled on the altar. Then he took the book of the covenant in which were written the commands and he read it to the people. And they responded, "we will obey them".  And he took the remaining half of the blood and threw it on the people saying, "this is the blood that seals the covenant which the Lord made with you when he gave all these commands".
Hebrews 8:7-13 If the first agreement did work, there would have been no need for another to replace it. But God found fault with his people when he said, "the time is coming when i will make a new covenant with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant i made with their ancestors; they did not keep their part in that agreement, so i disregarded them. now this is the covenant that i will make with them, i will write my law on their hearts so that they shall want to honor me. Then they shall truly be my people and i will be their God. At that time it will be no longer necessary to admonish one another to know the Lord, for everyone both great and small shall know me and i will forgive and forget their sins". By speaking of the promises of the new agreement, God has made the first one old.
Leviticus 17:11 The life of every living thing is in the blood, that 's why the Lord has commanded that all blood be poured out on the altar to take away the people's sins. For it is the blood that makes atonement by reason of the life.
Matthew 20:28 The Son of man did not come to be waited on, but to serve and to give his life to redeem many people.
1corinthians10:16 When we ask the Lord's blessing upon the cup of wine at the table, this means that all who drink it are participating in the blessing of christ's blood, the life. And from the bread we break to eat, we are sharing together in the benefits of his body.

Matthew 26:36-45 Then Jesus brought the disciples to a garden grove called Gethsemane on the mount of Olives as he usually did. There he told them to sit down and wait while he went on ahead to pray along with Peter, James and John. "i am troubled, overwhelmed with grief to the point of death, stay here and keep watch with me praying" he said to the three, and going on ahead he prayed, "Abba, let this cup of suffering pass away from me if possible". Being in great anguish, his sweat became like clots of blood dropping to the ground as he prayed the more intently. And an angel appeared and strengthened him. Then he returned to the three and found them asleep from grief. "couldn't you stay awake one hour praying? watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation, for the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" he said to them and again went away and prayed, "Father let your will be done, if this cup cannot pass by unless i drink it" and going back to them, he found them once more asleep. So he went away and prayed for the third time saying the same thing. Then he returned to them and asked, "are you still sleeping? it is time for me to be handed over to sinners"
Ephesians6:17-18 Take the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God; and pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayer and requests.
Hebrews5:7-9 In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications with loud cries and tears to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard for his godly fear. Although he was Son, he learnt obedience through what he suffered. And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him.
Philippians2:8 Jesus humbled himself and became obedient to the death of the cross.
Hebrews2:10 It was right and proper that God in bringing many sons unto glory to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Matthew26:47-56 While Jesus was still speaking, Judas came with a large crowd armed and carying torches and lanterns, sent from the chief priests and elders. "the one i kiss is the man" and Judas went straight to Jesus and kissed him saying, "peace be with you Rabbi". And Jesus knowing what was going to befall him asked, "who is it you are looking for?"; and they answered, "Jesus of Nazareth" and he replied, "i am he"; then the men lurched backward and fell to the ground. Again he asked them, "who is it you want?" and they answered, "Jesus the Nazarene"; and he added, "i told you that i am he" and they laid hands on him. When the disciples saw what was going to happen, they asked, "shall we use our swords Lord?", with that Peter slashed off the right ear of the high priest's servant. "put back your sword in its place. Do you think i will not drink the cup of suffering which my father has given me?" Jesus told him and he touched the man's ear and healed him. "those who take the sword shall perish by the sword. Don't you realize that i could call on my father for help and at once he would send me more than twelve armies of angels? but how should the Scriptures come true which say it must come about this way?". And Jesus added, "did you have to come with swords and clubs to capture me as though i were an outlaw?, everyday i was teaching in the temple courts and you did not arrest me. But this is your hour to act, when the power of darkness rules." Then all the disciples left him and fled. A certain young man dressed in linen cloth was following Jesus. The soldiers tried to arrest him but he ran away naked leaving his garment behind:
Esaiah53:2-9 It was the will of the Lord that Jesus should grow like a tender plant:
Esaiah11:1 A plant shall grow out of the stump of Jesse, the father of king David.
He had no form or comeliness that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him:
Esaiah52:14 As many were astonished at him because his face and his form were so marred beyond human semblance.
He was despised and rejected and forsaken by men. He was a man of sorrows familiar with grief. He was ignored and we esteemed him not. Because he has born our infirmities, sicknesses, weaknesses and distresses; and he carried our sorrows and pains yet we considered him stricken by God.
He was wounded for our transgressions and bruised for our iniquities. He was chastised that we might have peace. He was lashed and we are made whole by the blows he received. Because God has laid on him the iniquity of everyone of us. He was oppressed and afflicted yet he never said a word like a lamb that is led to the slaughter. He was arrested and sentenced and led off to die. Who among the people realized it was their sins that he was dying for, that he was suffering their punishment? Though he had done no wrong and had never spoken an evil word.
Luke24:46-47 The Messiah must suffer and die and rise again on the third day. And in his name the message about repentance and the forgiveness of sins must be preached to all nations.
1Peter2:19-24 God will bless you if you endure the pain of undeserved suffering for conscience toward him, if you are punished for doing right. Of course you get no credit for being patient if you are beaten for doing wrong. But if you bear patiently with undeserved suffering, God is well pleased. For this suffering is all part of the work God has given you. Because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example that you should follow in his steps. He committed no sin, no guile was found on his lips. When he was reviled, he did not retaliate. Suffering, he made no threats, instead he entrusted himself to God who judges righteously. He bore our sins in his body on the cross that we might die to sin and live for righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

John18:12-14; Luke22:63-65 And the roman soldiers along with the jewish guards arrested Jesus and brought him to Annas the father in law of Caiaphas the high priest that year, who had advised the jewish authorities that it was better that one should die for all. Annas questioned Jesus about his disciples and teachings and he replied, "i have always taught publicly, question the people" With that one of the soldiers standing by slapped him saying, "is it the way you talk to the high priest?" and Jesus replied "tell what was wrong with it?" Then later he was brought bound to Caiaphas. Peter followed them to the rear, entered the palace of the high priest and sat down by the fire with the guards to see the outcome.
That night in custody, the soldiers treated Jesus with contempt. they blindfolded him and mocked him. They ridiculed, blasphemed and beat him.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 06:02:50 AM by pleasehim » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 12:12:09 PM »

Hello PleaseHim,

I see that you are new, so WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward to having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:31:11 AM »

Hello PleaseHim,

I see that you are new, so WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward to having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom
[/quote
hello Tom how are you doing? has the Lord blessed you enough?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 10:27:10 AM »

PleaseHim Said:

hello Tom how are you doing? has the Lord blessed you enough?

I'm doing well, and the Lord has blessed me beyond measure.

Love In Christ,
Tom

pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 08:02:54 AM »

Matthew26:57-66  Early the next morning that wednesday, the whole council met together looking for some false evidence against Jesus to put him to death but they found none. At last two men stepped forward saying, "we have heard him say, 'i will destroy the temple of God and rebuild it in three days' " And the high priest stood up and questioned Jesus, "have you no answer to this accusation against you?" but he kept silent. Again the high priest asked him, "i charge you under oath by the living God, tell us whether you claim to be the Christ the Son of the blessed God?" and Jesus answered, "so you say, and in the futur, you shall see the son of man sitting at the right hand of power, returning on the clouds of heaven." At this the high priest tore his clothes saying, "blasphemy, we don't need any more witnesses. You have just heard him, what is your judgment?" They all shouted, "he is guilty and must die."
Daniel7:13 During this vision in the night, i saw a man brought on the clouds of heaven to the ancient of days, the one who had been living for ever. And he was given the ruling power and glory over all the nations of the world so that all people of every language must obey him. His authority would last for ever and his kingdom would never end.
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 05:05:19 AM »

John18:28-38 Luke23:6-12 Early thursday morning, Jesus was led in chains from Caiaphas' house to the roman governor's palace. The jewish authorities did not go inside lest they shoud be defiled but that they might eat the passover. So Pilate went out to them and asked, "what is your charge against him", they retorted, "we would not have brought him to you if he had not committed a crime. he has been misleading the people forbidding to pay tribute to the roman government and claiming he is our messiah, a king", "judge him by your own law" said Pilate to them; and they objected that they had no right to execute Jesus. Then Pilate went into the judgment hall and asked him, "are you the king of the jews?", "my kingdom is not of this world, if it were my servants would fight to prevent my arrest" Jesus answered. And Pilate asked again, "are you a king then?", "you say it, to this end was i born into the world to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice" Jesus replied. Then pilate said to the chief priests and the mob, "i find no guilt in him"; but they were urgent and emphatic saying, "he stirs up and excites the people by his teaching. He began in Galilee and now has come here." When Pilate heard that Jesus was from the region ruled by Herod, he sent him to the king who happened to be in Jerusalem at that time. Herod was greatly pleased when he saw Jesus because he had heard a lot about him and was desirous to see him for a long time. So Herod asked Jesus many questions but he made no reply. Meanwhile, the chief priests and the scribes stepped up vehemently accusing him. And Herod with his soldiers set Jesus at nought, jeering at him; then he was sent back to Pilate.
Acts4:25-28 Why do people make their useless plots? the kings of the earth prepared themselves, and the rulers met together against the Lord and his Messiah. For indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together in Jerusalem with the gentiles and the people of Israel against Jesus, to carry out all that your hand and your will predetermined to be done.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 11:49:12 AM by pleasehim » Logged
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 12:53:17 PM »

John18:39-19:16  Now it was the roman governor's custom to release a prisoner chosen by the crowd at every passover festival. At that time there was a well-known prisoner called Barabbas who was a bandit. And when the crowd had gathered for this purpose before Pilate's house that morning, he asked them, "which of the two shall i set free for you? barabbas or Jesus? Pilate knew that they had arrested Jesus out of envy, because of his popularity with the people, "i have not found him guilty of any of the crimes you accuse him of; nor did Herod find him guilty, for he sent him back to us".
Just then as Herod was presiding over the court, Pilate's wife sent him word saying, "have nothing to do with that innocent man because in a dream last night, i suffered much on his account". Meanwhile the chief priests and the elders had persuaded the crowd to ask for Barabbas and to have Jesus executed. So when the governor asked again, "which of them do you wish me to release to you?" they shouted, "Barabbas", "what then shall i do with Jesus?" Pilate asked and they retorted, "crucify him", "why? nothing he has done calls for the death penalty, so i will have him whipped and let him go" Pilate replied. But they shouted all the louder, "let him be crucified". when Pilate saw that it was no use to go on, but that a riot might break out, he took some water and washed his hands in front of the people and said, "i am not responsible for his death, this is your doing", "his blood be on us and on our children" they answered. Then Pilate set Barabbas free for them and had Jesus whipped. Inside the courtyard of the governor's palace, the roman soldiers plaited a crown of thorns and put it on the head of Jesus and arrayed him in royal purple with a staff in his right hand as a scepter. "hail king of the Jews, good health to you, long life to you" they mocked and struck him. Pilate went out once more and said to the mob, "i am going to bring him out to you now", so Jesus came out wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. At sight of him the chief priests and the jewish officials began yelling, "crucify, crucify"; "you crucify him" Pilate retorted, "i find no basis for a charge against him". "by our law he ought to die because he claimed to be the son of God" they replied. When Pilate heard this, he was even afraid and went back into the palace and asked Jesus, "where do you come from?" but he did not answer; and Pilate said, "won't you speak to me? don't you realize that i have the power to release or to crucify you?". "you would have no power at all over me unless it were given to you from God" Jesus answered. Upon this, Pilate sought to release him but they cried out, "if you release him, you are not the emperor's friend. For anyone who claims to be a king, set himself against Caesar". Hearing this Pilate brought out  Jesus to them again and he said to the crowd, "here is your king". "away with him, away with him, crucify him" they shouted. "what, crucify your king?" Pilate asked;  "we have no king but Caesar" they shouted back. So Pilate passed the sentence on Jesus that they were asking for, and handed him over to them to be crucified.
Genesis49:10  The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, until the Messiah comes to whom it belongs.
Isaiah53:6-10  All of us like sheep have gone astray but the Lord made the punishment all of us deserved fall on him, laying on Jesus our sins. He was treated harshly but endured it humbly, he never said a word like a lamb about to be slaughtered. He was arrested and sentenced an led off to die. He was buried like a criminal in a rich man's grave but he had done no wrong and had never spoken an evil word. Yet it was the will of the Lord to bruise him, and fill him with grief. His death was a sacrifice to bring forgiveness.

Luke23:26-43  On the way to the execution grounds, they came across a man from Cyrene who was compelled to carry the cross of Jesus. A large crowd was following. Among them were some women weeping and wailing for Jesus, but he turned to them and said, "women of Jerusalem, don't cry for me, but for yourselves and your children. For the days are coming where the women who have no children will be counted fortunate indeed. Manking will beg the mountains to fall on them. For if they do these things in the green tree, what shall be done in the dry?". Then they went with Jesus to an area known as Golgotha, not far from the city. Once there, the soldiers gave Jesus drugged wine to drink but he would not. After the crucifixion, the soldiers gambled for his clothing, then they sat around watching him as he hung there. It was about nine o'clock when they crucified Jesus, "forgive them father, they don't know what they are doing." Above his head was fixed a notice board of the accusation against him which read, "the king of the jews". Two robbers were also crucified that morning, one on either side of him. And the people passing by hurled abuse saying, "you were going to tear down the temple and build it up again in three days, rescue yourself from death; if you are the son of God, come on down from the cross." In the same way the jewish leaders made sport of him, "he saved others but he cannot save himself. Isn't he the king of Israel? if he comes down off the cross right now, we will believe in him. He trusted in God, claiming to be his son, let God show his approval by delivering him." And one of the two crucified with Jesus scoffed, "aren't you the Messiah, save yourself and us." The other one however rebuked him, "don't you fear God? we are getting what we deserve but he has done no wrong. Lord remember me when you come in your kingly glory." And jesus said to him, "today you shall be with me in paradise." Standing close to the cross were Mary his mother, John his disciple, his mother's sister Mary the wife of Clopas and Mary Magdalene. And Jesus said to his mother, "here is your son" and to John, "here is your mother". From that time on John took Mary home.
Isaiah53:12  He has poured out his soul to death; and was numbered with the transgressors. He bore the sins of many and prayed that they might be forgiven.
Psalm22:6-21  i am a worm, despised and scorned by everyone. They mock, sneer and shrug saying, "he trusted in the lord, let the lord deliver him since he delighted in him."
'it is you o God that brought me safely through birth and made me trust in you. You have always been my God. Be not far from me for trouble is near and there is none to help. I am surrounded by enemies like fierce bulls from the land of Bashan and roaring lions tearing their prey open their mouths wide against me. I am poured out like water and all my bones are out of joint. My heart melts like wax. My strength is dried up like a potsherd. My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth. You have left me for dead in the dust. Dogs have surrounded me, a band of evil men have encircled me. They have pierced my hands and my feet. I can count all my bones, people stare and gloat over me. They devide my garments among them and cast lots for my raiment. O lord don't stay away from me, come quickly to my rescue. Deliver me from the sword, my life from the power of the dogs. Save me from these lions' jaw and from the horns of the unicorns.'
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 11:55:44 AM by pleasehim » Logged
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 07:41:27 AM »

Matthew17:45-56  At noon the whole town was covered with darkness which lasted for three hours, and at about three o'clock Jesus cried, "Eli, Eli lamachtani?" that is to say, my God, my God, why have you forsaken me, living me helpless. Some of the people standing there heard him and said, "he is calling for Elijah". Knowing that all was now completed and to fulfill the scriptures he said, ' i thirst', and one of the soldiers ran and filled a sponge with sour wine and held it up to him to drink, and he said, 'it is finished'. "Now leave him alone and let us see if Elijah comes to save him" said the soldiers, and a great cry was heard and Jesus committed his spirit to his father. And behold, the curtain of the temple secluding he holiest place was torn in two from top to bottom, and the earth shook, and the rocks were split and the graves broke open and many godly men were raised to life and coming out of the tombs after the resurrection of Jesus, they appeared to many in Jerusalem. The crowd that came to witness the site beat their breasts in sorrow and went away saying, "he was certainly the son of God. Among the crowd were some women looking on from afar who had followed Jesus from galilee ministering to him.
Hebrew4:14-3:9  Jesus our great high priest has gone to heaven into the presence of his Father so let us hold firmly to the faith we profess, for we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our witnesses but we have one who has been tempted in every respect just as we are but yet without sinning. Let us therefore approach the throne with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. The high priest is chosen and appointed to serve God on behalf of the people. He presents their gifts to God and offers the blood of animals to cover the sins of the people and his own sins. And because he is a man, he can deal gently with other men. No one choose for himself the honor of being a high priest, it is by God's call that a man is made a high priest just as Aaron was. That is why Jesus did not elect himself to the honor of being a high priest. He was chosen by God who said, "my son, you are a high priest forever in the order of Melchizedek". Although he was a son, he learned obedience from his sufferings. And once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.
Exode26:31-33  Make a curtain of fine linen woven with blue, purple and red wool, embroider it with Cherubim. Hang it with gold hooks on four pots of Acacia wood overlaid with gold and standing on four silver bases. Hang the veil from the clasps and place the Ark of the testimony, containing the stone tablets, engraved with God's law, behind the curtain; which will separate the holy place from the most holy place.

John19:31-42  Then the jewish leaders asked pilate to allow them to break the legs of the men who had been crucified to hasten death, so their bodies could be taken down. It was friday and they did not want the bodies to stay on the crosses on the sabbath since the coming one was specially holy. So the soldiers went and broke their legs, but when they came to Jesus, he was already dead, so they did not break his. However one of them pierced his side with a spear bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. Afterwards, when evening came, Joseph, a respectable member of the council, who had not agreed with the purpose and action of others asked pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus, and pilate gave him leave. Nicodemus who had at first gone to see Jesus by night went with Joseph taking with him about thirty kilogrammes of embalming ointment made from myrrh an aloes. They took the body and wrapped it in linen with the spices according to the jewish custom for burial. There was a garden in the place of the crucifixion, and in it was a new tomb hewn in the rock in which no man had ever yet been laid. so there they laid Jesus because of the jewish day of preparation. And they rolled a big stone at the entrance of the tomb. The women who had come with jesus from galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how the body of Jesus was placed in it. Then they went back home and prepared the spices and perfumes and rested on the sabbath.
1John5:6-8   Jesus is the one who came with the water and the blood. He came not only with the water, but with both the water and the blood. And the Spirit testifies that this is true, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three witnesses in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost and these three are one. And there are three witnesses on earth: the Spirit, the water and the blood, and these three give the same testimony.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:01:08 PM by pleasehim » Logged
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 06:51:55 AM »

Matthew27:62-66  Then on saturday, the chief priests and the pharisees went to Pilate saying, "sir, we remember while that liar was still alive that he said he would rise again the third day. So we request an order from you sealing the tomb until that day. Otherwise his disciples may come and still the body and tell that he has been raised. If that happens, we will be worse off than at first". And Pilate told them, "use your own temple police". So they went and made the sepulcher secure, sealing the tomb and setting a watch.
Hebrews12:1-4  Let us strip off anything that slows us down and the sin that so easily beset us and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross despising the shame and is now seated at the right hand of God. Think of what he went through, how he put up with so much hatred from sinners lest you be discouraged an give up. For in your stuggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 05:57:17 AM by pleasehim » Logged
pleasehim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 07:17:10 AM »

Matthew28:1-15  After the sabbath, as sunday morning was downing, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to the tomb to anoint the body of Jesus. And looking up they saw that the stone was rolled away. So they entered the tomb and saw a young man sitting on the right side wearing a white robe, and he said to them, "dont be afraid, i know you are looking for Jesus, he has been raised just as he said. Now go quickly and tell his brothers that he is waiting for them in Galilee."  So they left in a hurry, troubled and  yet filled with joy and they ran to tell his brothers. Suddenly Jesus met them and said, "peace be with you", and they came up to him, took hold of his feet and worshipped him. Then Jesus said to them, "go and tell my brothers that i am waiting for them in Galilee."  After they had told the good news, Peter and John ran to the tomb, but John reached first the sepulcher and stooping down, he saw the linen cloths, yet went he not in. Then Peter came up and went on inside and saw the linen wrappings and also the swath that had covered the head of Jesus folded up in a place by itself. And John went in also and believed. For until then they had not realized that Jesus would come back to life. Meanwhile the guards of the tomb went back to the city and told the high priests everything that had happened, "suddenly, there was a violent earthquake and an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and rolled the stone away. His appearance was like lightning and his clothes were white as snow. We were so frightened at the sight of him that we became like dead."  Immediately, a meeting of the jewish leaders was called, and it was decided to bribe them to say that they had been asleep when his disciples came during the night and stole the body. The guards took the money and did what they were told to do. Their story spread widely among the jews and is still believed to this very day.
Hebrew2:9-18  So that by the grace of God, he might taste death for everyone, we see Jesus who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor. For God made Jesus perfect through his suffering, in order to bring many sons to share his glory. For both he that sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all of one, for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brothers. Forasmuch then as the children are partaker of flesh and blood, he also took part of the same, that through death he might destroy the devil that had the power of death, and deliver those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For verily, he took not on him the nature of angels, but the seed of Abraham. This means that he had to become like them in every respect in order to be their faithful and merciful high priest in service to God. For because he himself has suffered in being tempted, tested and tried, he is able to help those who are being tempted, tested and tried and therefore are being exposed to suffering
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:09:05 PM by pleasehim » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the