Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:00:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who Laid The Foundation?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Who laid the foundation for the dispensation of the grace of God?
Peter - 1 (14.3%)
Pope - 1 (14.3%)
Pastor - 0 (0%)
Bible Teacher - 0 (0%)
Paul - 5 (71.4%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Laid The Foundation?  (Read 3508 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2003, 05:25:19 AM »

Who Laid The Foundation?

Who laid the foundation for the dispensation of the grace of God? Paul did... as he was instructed by the risen Lord Jesus Christ!
It was not Peter.... It is NOT the Pope.... It is not your pastor or bible teacher. It was Paul, the APOSTLE to the Gentiles. Notice... 1 Cor 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Whose foundation are you building on? Do you even know? Do you even care? Or are you just another one of the "religious sheep" asleep at the wheel, blindly following the traditions of men? Most of you are sheep tended by wolves. You have no idea what truth is apart from your denominational structure. Who is your apostle? Why does it matter? It's all just religion anyway right? Right?

How long will you read our pleadings to you to check out the truth of the word of God before you do so? We do not want your money, we do not want to count your head, we do not want you to join our assembly we want you to know that if you are not following the teachings of Paul from the word of God rightly divided there will be hell to pay one day

Posted By Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 06:02:44 AM »

What do you think?

Is Paul all he claimed to be? The bible indicates that he is. Paul writes in his defense the following : 1 Cor 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
What do you learn from Paul? 1. We have a completed revelation of God to man. 2. We understand that eternal life is a free gift not of works of any kind. 3. We learn that Israel IS set aside. 4. We learn that the Body Of Christ is God's agency today. 5. We learn not to live our lives based on the circumstances around us. 6. We learn to rightly divide the word of truth. 7. We learn total and complete forgiveness. 8. We learn the true value of the cross. 9. We learn of the pretribulational rapture of the church. 10. We learn that the law is a curse not a blessing. 11. We learn that the religion of the world is a religion of works. 12. We learn that if anyone, without exception, teaches any other gospel than the gospel of grace, they are under the curse of God.

So.. what do think? (See above verse before inserting foot into mouth - ed.)

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 01:50:51 PM »

Who Laid The Foundation?

Who laid the foundation for the dispensation of the grace of God? Paul did... as he was instructed by the risen Lord Jesus Christ!
It was not Peter.... It is NOT the Pope.... It is not your pastor or bible teacher. It was Paul, the APOSTLE to the Gentiles. Notice... 1 Cor 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Whose foundation are you building on? Do you even know? Do you even care? Or are you just another one of the "religious sheep" asleep at the wheel, blindly following the traditions of men? Most of you are sheep tended by wolves. You have no idea what truth is apart from your denominational structure. Who is your apostle? Why does it matter? It's all just religion anyway right? Right?

How long will you read our pleadings to you to check out the truth of the word of God before you do so? We do not want your money, we do not want to count your head, we do not want you to join our assembly we want you to know that if you are not following the teachings of Paul from the word of God rightly divided there will be hell to pay one day

I picked Paul. That was short and sweet, thanks for the good teaching Bro Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
pnotc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 08:30:19 PM »

So now its ok for Paul to have laid the foundation, but not Peter?  
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2003, 04:13:00 AM »

So now its ok for Paul to have laid the foundation, but not Peter?  

Notice... 1 Cor 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 08:42:47 PM »

Why start or, rather end at verse 10, when the next verse answers the question, once for all.

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Jesus, is the Rock of Offense which the builders rejected,and the stumnblingstone at which they stumbled, (Isa 8:11-18)

The foundation on which the Apostles built upon is also,  Jesus, the same stone which was cut out without hands, of Daniel 2:34, chapters 7, &  8.

Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
Therefore let no man glory in men.
  (1 Cor 3:11-21

Blessings,
Petro

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2003, 11:59:50 PM »

And I will seal what I previousl;y posted by stating, that my faith is not on what the Apostles did for me, but what Jesus did for me, I am thankful to God the Father that I have this record of the lives of these faithful men, Jesus chose.

But when it gets right done to the brass tacks, my faith is in the stone God placed as the foundation to my faith in Him,

THE SOLID ROCK

All others (foundations) are sinking sand.

Blessings

Petro

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 01:05:14 PM »

What do you think?

Is Paul all he claimed to be? The bible indicates that he is. Paul writes in his defense the following : 1 Cor 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
What do you learn from Paul? 1. We have a completed revelation of God to man. 2. We understand that eternal life is a free gift not of works of any kind. 3. We learn that Israel IS set aside. 4. We learn that the Body Of Christ is God's agency today. 5. We learn not to live our lives based on the circumstances around us. 6. We learn to rightly divide the word of truth. 7. We learn total and complete forgiveness. 8. We learn the true value of the cross. 9. We learn of the pretribulational rapture of the church. 10. We learn that the law is a curse not a blessing. 11. We learn that the religion of the world is a religion of works. 12. We learn that if anyone, without exception, teaches any other gospel than the gospel of grace, they are under the curse of God.

So.. what do think? (See above verse before inserting foot into mouth - ed.)

Amen & Amen

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
geralduk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 11:32:19 AM »

Every TRUE APOSTLE lays the foundations.

The ROCK is on which the FOUNDATIONS are put on!

This is clearly NOT peter either but CHRIST.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2003, 01:10:43 PM »

Who Is Your Apostle?

A Berean Bible Church Bible Study

The Church That Preaches What The Bible Teaches

According to Ephesians 3 we live in what Paul calls the "dispensation of the grace of God". In this "dispensation" God has given us a pattern to follow, this pattern is Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles. The purpose of this Bible study is to help you to distinguish the difference between the 12 Apostles sent to Israel and the one Apostle, Paul, sent to the Gentiles.

Fill in the blank with the Bible answer.

To whom were the 12 apostles sent? (Matt. 10:5-6)
To whom were the 12 NOT sent? (Matt. 10:5-6)
To whom were the 12 apostles sent after the resurrection? (Matt. 28:19)

How far did the 12 get in their commission? (Acts 8:1 & 11:19)

After the final rejection of Christ by the Jews, to whom was Paul sent? (Acts 22:21)

In the following verses, to whom does Paul, guided by the Holy Spirit, say he was sent?
Romans 11:13
Galatians 2:7-8
Ephesians 3:1,2,8
Colossians 1:25-27
1Timothy 2:7
2Timothy 1:11

Who does Paul say we (Gentiles) are to follow?
1Corinthians 4:15-16
1Corinthians 11:1
1Thessalonians 4:1
1Timothy 1:16
2 Timothy 1:13, 2:2

Clearly the Word of God teaches that the 12 were sent to the 12 tribes of Israel and Paul to the Gentiles. We follow the Lord Jesus Christ as we follow Paul.

By Pastor Doug Dodd s.b.g.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2003, 06:57:45 PM »

Who Laid The Foundation?

Bob the builder and his cronies!!!   Cheesy

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2003, 12:35:36 AM »

Who Is Your Apostle?

According to Ephesians 3 we live in what Paul calls the "dispensation of the grace of God". In this "dispensation" God has given us a pattern to follow, this pattern is Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles. The purpose of this Bible study is to help you to distinguish the difference between the 12 Apostles sent to Israel and the one Apostle, Paul, sent to the Gentiles.

After the final rejection of Christ by the Jews, to whom was Paul sent? (Acts 22:21)

In the following verses, to whom does Paul, guided by the Holy Spirit, say he was sent?

Clearly the Word of God teaches that the 12 were sent to the 12 tribes of Israel and Paul to the Gentiles. We follow the Lord Jesus Christ as we follow Paul.

A4C,

Just a minor point, actually it may be a major one depending on how you see the significance of the issue at hand.

Paul, took the Gosple first to the Jews, after, his conversion, he went in the synagogues to preach the gosple, it wasn't until many years later when he returned to Jerusalem (some 16 years after his conversion) , the second time, that the Holy Spirit seprarated him and Barnabas, (acts 13:2-3)  for a work  He (The Holy Spirit called them out to do), and it was at verse 46 of chapter 13 in Acts after having preached the Gosple at Antioch
the jews rejected the preached gosple and it was here that Paul and Barnabas said to them;

"said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles."

Paul was not sent to the gentiles until well after, the other 11 were sent to the nations of the world to make disciples of every creature (Mk 16:14-16).

Clearly, there was a reluctance by the 11 to go into the world, preaching the Gospel in accordance with the Lords command, we read at Acts 8:1 .......there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

It appears Philip was the first to go to "down to the city of Samaria" (vs. 5) and preach Christ unto them, and when they heard at Jerusalem that Samaria has received the Word of God, they sent Peter and John, who returned back to Jerusalem, after they had prayed that the Holy Spirit be given them, preaching the gosple in many villages of Samaria.(vs. 25).

Philip was then led of the Spirit to the Ethiopan eunuch.

The only point I want to make is that, at  Mat 10:1-6, Jesus, sent the 12 to the Lost sheep of the House of Isreal, while He was alive before His death and resurrection, however the great commission was given after His resurrection and glorification at Mat 28:18-20 and Mk 16:15-16.

So in the context of the great commission, which is the last command given to the 12 (I include Paul) because Paul says that He was called out to be  "an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,".......;  there is no difference in his apostleship and theirs.

If anything, he (Paul) was more responsive to the command than Peter was, since it is clear that the command to evangelize every creature was perfectly understood by Peter when the sheets were "let down to earth" which contained "were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air." and a voice instructed him, to kill and eat (Acts 10:1-16.

He later testified that it was through this vision that came the revelation, which he revealed at the Council at Jerusalem, that,

"Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe." (Acts 15:7)

And yet, he chose to go only to the Jews, while Paul, dusted his feet, after the jews rejected the good Word at Antioch, and took the Gospel of Grace to the Gentiles.

It is crystal clear, Paul is numbered with the eleven and is the Apostle chosen by Jesus, and confirmed to us by the Holy Spirit, his (Paul's) works testifying to this very thing.

Mathias, was chosen by men, sadly this is the truth of the matter..He is an apostle in his own right, but one can hardly teach that he was numbered with the 11, as a replacement to judas Iscariot.

We understand, the rest were responsive to the command, in the end.  But it is clear Philip, followed by Paul and Barnabas (another apostle) was the one that led the charge.. to preach the Gospel to every creature.

Blessings
Petro
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 10:10:33 AM by Petro » Logged

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2003, 10:46:31 PM »

I must close by saying that, the foundation to the Christian faith according to Eph 2:20; is built;

......................upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

If Paul is an apostle as he claimed to be, then his name is listed among them who are apostles and prophets.

So, the answer to the question;

Who Laid The Foundation?

According to Paul, an Apostle, He says;

1 Cor 3
9  For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
10  According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11  For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Paul was a participant in the laying of the Foundation of the building of Gods church.

God Bless,

Petro

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2003, 06:44:46 AM »

Who Is Your Apostle?

Amen, Paul is the answer

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2003, 03:14:12 PM »

I don't know why, this has become an issue, Paul is not the foundation by himself, so this sermon teaching is faulty, if it is trying to somehow make Paul the foundation for all gentiles.

The Gosple to the Jews is the same gosple to the gentiles, there is no difference, this is evidenced by the fact that, Jesus is the chief cornerstone and,the foundation of all the apostles is Jesus

They never recognized one as having authority over all.
Thou it seemed they wrestled among themselves to established themselves in this manner.

And Paul, himself expounded on this subject, when he spoke of baptism, in 1 Cor 1:13. He asks "Is Christ divided?"

Neither Paul, Peter (Cephas) or Apollos was crucified for us.

To claim there is a difference between the foundation established by Paul than that established among the Jews as somehow different, is to teach a schism, which divides rather than unify.

Romanists, deny Paul and teach Peter is their foundation, so this teaching is similar to that.

The foundation to the church is One, and He is The Solid Rock.

Blessings,

Petro

« Last Edit: September 04, 2003, 08:04:22 PM by Petro » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the