Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:33:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Heaven
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heaven  (Read 1125 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2003, 10:47:32 AM »

I am a born again Christian. Christ said that unless you are born of water and the spirit you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. (Sorry, I'm paraphrasing). I'm starting to realize how few people in the world are true Christians. But Jesus also said that very few people will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Most of the churches are ensuring this by stating that we are saved when we are baptized. Yet most of the people I know who have been baptized as infants don't KNOW Christ personally. In John, 17:3, Christ says: "Eternal life is this: that you will know the one true God and His son, Jesus Chrst." That's all He says. Heaven is having the Holy Spirit in us forever. It will never go away. It's the only thing that no one can take away from us and that's why it is eternal life. No other religion offers the Holy Spirit.
Reba
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 06:35:34 PM »

Hello Heidi,

Welcome to the forums. Hope ya stay a while sharing the WORD and HIS other blessings.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 10:36:23 PM »

I am a born again Christian. Christ said that unless you are born of water and the spirit you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. (Sorry, I'm paraphrasing). I'm starting to realize how few people in the world are true Christians. But Jesus also said that very few people will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Most of the churches are ensuring this by stating that we are saved when we are baptized. Yet most of the people I know who have been baptized as infants don't KNOW Christ personally. In John, 17:3, Christ says: "Eternal life is this: that you will know the one true God and His son, Jesus Chrst." That's all He says. Heaven is having the Holy Spirit in us forever. It will never go away. It's the only thing that no one can take away from us and that's why it is eternal life. No other religion offers the Holy Spirit.

Amen Heidi,

Thank you for the good word.

Water Baptism  does nothing for anyone, it doesn't even wash the dust off the body, it is simply symbolic, the shadow of the real thing, it was commanded by Christ to his disciples at (at 28:19)

They all had been baptized by John Baptism, thou the bible does not tell us precisely, when or what time the disciples were baptized, I am supremely confident they were, and can speak assuredly that they sought it out willingly.

But the Water Baptism of John, was not, the one that mattered at all, otherwise Jesus would not have commanded them to wait at Jerusalem for the Baptism with the Holy Ghost .  

Please note;

Acts 1
5  For John truly baptized with water; ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost many days hence.

Concerning the Baptism with Holy Ghost Jesus said to Nicodemus:

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
 (Jhn 3:7-8)

And such is the nature of the true Baptism with the Holy Ghost, it involves a death, forgiveness of sin and a resurrection in newness of life, and it is reality obtained by Faith in the operation of God  by every believer, who has been born of the Will and Spirit of God.

These is a key passage of scripture in understanding this very thing.

Col 2
10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11  whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Jesus said;

MK 16
16 He who believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Note, that the emphasis is on "he who believeth", not on "he who is baptized", it is clear that anyone can be water baptized, but if he does not believe, his baptism is counted for nothing, and so he will. perish in his sin, on the other hand if the person who is baptized believes God's Word, he shall be saved.

Your attention is invited to verse 14 of Colosions 2, the "handwriting of ordinances" refers to the 10 Comandments, writen by the finger of God, on the stone tablets, note the language they, were blotted out, why? were they blotted out, because Jesus, fulfilled the law perfectly, and we are justified by His finished work at the cross at calvary.

If the law and ordinances have been blotted out, abolished by the shedd blood of Jesus, then there is not transgression, where there is no law, and this is how secure true Christians, find themselves.

Their salvation is wrought in God, and they are kept by His power.

This is why, the apostle can say confidently, ".....for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

And I say Amen to that...........

Eternal Life is promised and by Faith can be grasped by Gods peopl, and this is the reason, why the scriptures state;

Heb 4
3   we which have believed do enter into rest,

And finally,

Titus 3
5   Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Blessings,

Petro
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 10:45:25 PM by Petro » Logged

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 10:43:37 PM »

I agree with you which is why I'm so angry with the Lutheran, Catholic, and any other church who says we are saved when we are baptized with water. There are MILLIONS of people who are being deceived into thinking they are saved. I wish i could do something about it but as Christ Prophesied, many will be deceived.
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2003, 11:46:09 PM »

Welcome and please post again.

Its a wonderful experience if one is properly instructed, almost all of Acts records water baptism immediately AFTER salvation, but it is not salvific.

Or, to put it another way, Rub-a- dub-dub, there is no salvation in the tub.

Only the blof of Christ can wash away our sins,

aw
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the